• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

+rep for sharing

Comment

This has been overshadowed by the incoming BF3 news... this is actually lookin like a good ol' fasioned PC shooter.

Comment

I just saw that today, Sam Hulick (the composer of the music of Mass Effect) will do the musics of RO2.

http://samhulick.com/music-all/rohos

Comment

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/so...chestra/717230 Commo-rose at 2:58. With the Squad leader and Commander they really took inspiration from BF, and it's good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ge...chestra/717228

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/so...chestra/717226

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mu...chestra/717224

Comment

The game can be bought at 22€ (26€ for Deluxe) on direct2drive.co.uk with the promo code SAVE15D2D. Even cheaper on GreenmanGaming.com with 18€ (23€ deluxe) with the promo code 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS. Both site give you a key to activate in Steam (I bought mine on D2D).

18€ = ~25$

Comment

I haven't been reading much about this game but is it going to be a must have? What makes it stand out from other shooters?

Comment

Probably not a must have. But it is still a really fun game. Plus it's cheap. I bought it to play with BF3.

The realism is what makes it stand out. But while it is realistic, it is still very accessible. The gamemodes, spawning system, class system, etc., are similar to BF's.

I don't really know how to describe it but it is definitely a unique game and it is fun. Watch some videos on Youtube of beta gameplay.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Does it have ranks to earn in multiplayer?

Comment

Any else have the beta? I have to say this game has truly impressed me. Maybe it's because i'm older, or because the game was designed so well that I actually do very well, unlike RO1 where I would get owned most of the time. With Mod support, this game is going to be awesome for a long time!
                    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                    Steam: Stryker
                    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Yes the game have global ranks, weapons stats, unlocks and a honor system which introduces the hero system, basically the guy with the highest honor is a hero in certain game modes, hence the name heroes of Stalingrad. A hero inspire all nearby allied troops, he if dies all the nearby allied players will have malus. Players with negative honor are tkers and basically are restricted to some servers until their honor goes into the normal again.

Also there is two type of gameplay now : relaxed realism which was renamed standard (you see the name of your teammate and see their positions on the map, you can spawn on your squad leader, kill cam, things like that) and hardcore which is like RO 1.

A lot of RO1 hardcore players complain because the game became much more fast-paced but they don't understand the maps are very CQB for now (except 1-2) especially with 64 players or some others points like SMGs being effective past 50meters (it was some pea-shooters in RO1), the zoom when you're going into iron-sight view etc. There was one guy playing on a relaxed realism mode starting to scream 'omg it's COD : WAW" (did he even noticed he was on a relaxed server)... Sure the game is now more accessible provided you play on relaxed/standard mode but it's still miles away from COD WAW or even DOD or BF considering you still die in 1-2 bullets, from quite a distance if you run in the open. Then there's the valid complaints like the bandage/cover on the same key for ex. To be frank I prefer the relaxed mode for the standard game, remind me of a Forgotten Hope 2 with a normal netcode, less vehicles and a real atmosphere.

Talking about the atmosphere, the game is truly immersive, much more than BF. Perhaps because the game is more realistic but also because of the voices, there's more contextual voices and you can hear all the dying men's wail, orders, insults, chit-chat all around it's awesome especially with 64 players. BF sounds too clean (I know it's not supposed to be gritty in the first place). Your team speaks English with a Russian/German accent while the opposing team speaks in normal Russian/German.

For me it's a must have because of the low price, potential and most of all the modding capacity, there's already a Vietnam mod and a Pacific mod coming (apparently if the mods are good enough they'll sell it as DLC and considering they hired some Japanese/American actors for the voice in hte Pacific mod I guess the quality will be good).

Comment

has a free version of this game? demo link?

Comment

No free version or demo, you'll have to wait for free week-end to test it. Which is not soon considering there's still some bugs, optimisation and balance problem (half of the German team running with Mkb 42 ripping the Soviet team apart).

Comment

Working...
                          X