Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch - No Fix

So steam just updated black ops boasting "CPU fix, server browser fix"

The first thing I wanted to test out was the CPU fix so I jumped into a game and to my disappointment all my cores on my CPU are still at 100% while playing and the game is still choppy.

Has this patch done anything for anyone?

Re: New Patch - No Fix

Heard the new patch is causing crashes and other problems.

Comment

new patch did nothing for me, no worse, not better. tbf though it has been running fine most of the time.

Comment

No change on my end. Still have to run on low settings without shadows or AA on a damned GTX280, 4GB RAM, C2Q@3.2GHz. Why does this game run like **** on low settings while pretty much every other game that has ever been released runs well on my system on high settings?

Comment

I'm getting higher FPS (90s), but I had the game lock up a couple of times on the loading screen.

Comment

They fixed the part that made it somehow playable.

Thank you Treyarch, I hope Santa leaves coal in your stockings

Comment

Have you tried resetting (pretty much deleting) your config files? Has helped a couple of people I know.

Comment

I'll tell you this though, despite all the lag problems the PC is having, its prettier than the console versions (Going off Vreki's vids). Doesn't mean much when you can't play i know, but still.

Comment

The patch didn't change anything for me, for better or for worse. It feels the exact same. But I never really had lag problems in the first place.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Now it's stuttering worse than ever, after multiple perfect rounds. It has to be network related, Steam servers overloaded or something. At least it's showing as net hitches on the lagometer.

Again, good idea with piss-poor execution by Treyarch.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                      Now it's stuttering worse than ever, after multiple perfect rounds. It has to be network related, Steam servers overloaded or something. At least it's showing as net hitches on the lagometer.

Again, good idea with piss-poor execution by Treyarch.
                      Steam only provides the download content... they don't host the servers. Right now, a lot of people still believe it's the lack of a fix for the GPU utilization that's causing most of these hitches, not network traffic anymore, not stat updating, not CPU.

My framerate after last night's update went down as well somehow. Random pauses during the middle of rounds are also still present. Not sure what they did. It's still playable but it's slightly worse today.

Comment

For people with issues, try disabling all sound devices through the Device Manager (even the unused devices) and try playing the game. Seems to work for many people, even though it sucks playing without sound.

Comment

To be honest, the official forums are currently overflowing with more or less sane theories.
                          disable your sound, change this or that obscure config, pee in your router etc.

To me that indicates that nobody has a clue to whats going on, so I am not going to make even more of a mess of this game until there is some consensus regarding a fix.

Btw., I ran a Fraps benchmark and it never dropped below 30 even though there was still lag, so I don't think it is an issue with the GFX card. At least not before the patch.

Comment

Mine isn't framerate lag, though. My framerate is still above 40, it's just network hitching. I've tried disabling sound and /snd_restart and all of that, it didn't change anything.
                            You know how the lagometer works, right? Mine is showing yellow spots that indicate it's getting bad snaps. I'm not dropping packets, though.

The reason I mentioned the Steam servers is it always seems to happen around the time that the player numbers hit their peak. Also, there is a lot of integration with Steam in this game. It's always syncing with the Cloud and there is all of the friends list and player integration.

Comment

i had it with the stuttering so i enabled sync every frame and it helped i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X