Battlefield Vietnam - 6 years on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield Vietnam - 6 years on!

You guys are basing your opinions on maps that are meant for 5v5 being played as 16vs16. Play in smaller servers.

Don't make me go get Kodak... lol.

Comment

What? No. Don't go all intellectual analogy on me. That just means you have a choice to extend your server capacity, it doesn't mean you should or that you have to. There are also TONS of custom maps out there where this could be used.

Thats not in MW2.

One more post and I'm getting Kodak.

Comment

Rindee, you do realize that most of the people that don't like CoD5 who haven't even given it a chance are those who have played CoD3? Judging by how you worded your thoughts of CoD5, I'd say you fall into this category. You can plead ignorance all you want and claim you didn't know who developed which games, but I'm not buying it.

People in this category didn't want to like it or enjoy it because they convinced themselves that because Treyarch made a game that was not very CoD-like or whatever the problem was with CoD3 that they could not make a good CoD game. Although, I'd have to say, while CoD5 is not as addicting as many other CoD's, it's still up there among the best. The best being CoD and UO.

Also, your whole spiel of map size vs players seems to be based by the ratio of area to players in the average BF2 game. Which you just can't compare (in the manner that you are) to a game meant for close combat and quick action. Shipment was taken out of any regular server's rotation within the first few weeks of the game's release and now is only seen on either small servers or headshot achievement servers with 64 slots. Shipment was meant for very small games, and IW meant it to be that way, they also never advertised it as a map big enough for 32 players.

Just because 32 players is the max supported players and there are maps meant for games with less players does not mean that the maps meant for less players are being advertised to accommodate 32 slot servers. That's like saying the small version of Gulf of Oman is being advertised to hold 64 players just because it's in the game and the game supports 64 players.

Finally, I think all of CoD4's maps (excluding the obvious) are fine for 24 player servers.

Comment

24 is a bit much, but yea its okay.

Comment

What the heck...

Comment

Oh. Okay.

Comment

BF:V was probably the BF i enjoyed the most.
                and it was the last BF before persistent stat tracking came.
                probably the last BF game that people played not caring about stats but just winning.

Comment

I never really got into BF:V. I did have it though and played it, mostly bots though. I think at the time I was playing MOH: Spearhead and BHD.

Comment

Man, without that Rindee guys posts this thread is confusing... its like you are all schizophrenic...

Comment

Working...
                    X