Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CG - Shoot up (away) with luck and zoom back to target = ok but . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CG - Shoot up (away) with luck and zoom back to target = ok but . . .

i've destroyed a boat hiding behind a rock before with the TOW on isla innocentes, which is funny because i almost never use the thing.

Comment

So I wanted to play with the weird laser loss and discovered that you can hit the target you were targeting at before leaving the AT. Its not very accurate, but I was able to blow up a few posts messing with it. This quick video shows what the missle does.

I know Dragon said it was a CG, but maybe it wasnt?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I also have a glitch, I m not sure if it relates to this Gustav.

I zoom in my scope on my SV98/GOL/M24, then automatically, it zooms out while remaining in the scope mode. But I get tunnel vision of the scope and is back to 1x.

I usually have to switch to pistol and rezoom again. It's rare though.

Think of as the BF2142 scope zoom with scroll button; it's odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
          I also have a glitch, I m not sure if it relates to this Gustav.

I zoom in my scope on my SV98/GOL/M24, then automatically, it zooms out while remaining in the scope mode. But I get tunnel vision of the scope and is back to 1x.

I usually have to switch to pistol and rezoom again. It's rare though.

Think of as the BF2142 scope zoom with scroll button; it's odd.
          it's a known bug that happens to all weapons when you aim down the sight. it supposedly only happens just after you spawn on a squadmate. it's called the scope unzoom bug and it was introduced to the game with the last patch.

Comment

Ive seen rockets turn 180 degrees,they should be removed from the game because its a exploit

had one guy on my own team tracing me and i thought he was doing it for the other team?

Comment

I'm (probably) the guy you're talking about. I do it all the time.

It's an AT-4.

The idea is used in long range targeting with the AT-4. I find something to shoot at far away, and then fire towards it but way in the air. When I feel that the missile is halfway there, but now way up in the air, I point the crosshairs and what I want to die. The AT-4 cannot be used with the tracer dart and tracks where you point after being fired.

There are a few advantages to firing upwards first.
              1. Firing upwards means you don't have to deal with aiming whilst the rocket travels towards its target. The rocket and smoke plume cover a manuevering tank at long ranges (because that there tank is small!). I shoot up, and by the time I want to track the target, I can look at it without a big missile in my way.
              2. Firing upwards is a better way to conceal the position because there is a flash but you cannot use the contrail to see my position. In tanks, it's easy to look at the contrail of a missed rocket to get a direction to look in. If the rocket came from the sky, the tank assumes a UAV if it didn't see the flash.
              3. Firing upwards allows for compensation if the tank manuevers in and out of cover. If I fire at the tank and the tank descends in elevation, my trajectory could be comprimised by something sitting on the ground. If I need to adjust a missile as a tank manuevers, it is easier to do it in freespace either while the missile travels up, or the missile travels down.

Oh and if I time it right, I can get the rocket to hit the top of the turret, which means big damage.

Comment

Working...
              X