No announcement yet.

CoD:BO 3D, will you play it that way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CoD:BO 3D, will you play it that way?

There is no advantage, if anything enabling vsync would create a tiny delay in image rendering (hence triple buffer to try and off set it). It is just an incredible feeling. I prefer 3D for single player or MMO (both for immersion), but it is fun to play around with in an FPS. The 120hz monitor itself is were its at, to be able to render more then 60fps is noticeable, makes the game feel smoother and more natural.

Comment

too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
        There is no advantage, if anything enabling vsync would create a tiny delay in image rendering (hence triple buffer to try and off set it). It is just an incredible feeling. I prefer 3D for single player or MMO (both for immersion), but it is fun to play around with in an FPS. The 120hz monitor itself is were its at, to be able to render more then 60fps is noticeable, makes the game feel smoother and more natural.
        I can understand using it in single-player to add to the experience, but I wouldn't use it in MP. I see it as being a disadvantage to everyone else. The only "advantage" that I can see in MP is that the game "feels smoother and more natural". Honestly, playing on my 59hz monitor seems smooth enough for me. Since I don't play MMO's, I would be paying for all the 3D stuff (I do already have the graphics cards with that capability), just for the 6 hours or so I play single-player.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

By "feels smoother and more natural" I mean in none 3D, full 120hz input.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
            By "feels smoother and more natural" I mean in none 3D, full 120hz input.
            Ok, then there are no advantages at all of 3D.

Basically, what I'm saying is that there really aren't any advantages to using 3D to make me want to spend the money on it. It's the same thing that I find with sound. I don't see the point of buying sound cards and expensive speakers when my onboard sound and two medium-priced desk speakers are more than enough.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I have a friend who bought the 3D Vision kit, but it didnt work when I was going to try it. I think he had messed up the drivers and havent really bother to fix it since. I guess that says something about it having a great wow-factor but not so much staying power.

The glasses themselves are not that heavy, but I dont really enjoy the idea of having them on each time I game.

I did some math, and reached the conclusion that for the price of an upgrade to 3DVision plus a 120 Hz monitor, I could get a 3x1 Eyefinity setup with standard 60Hz monitors. And I think that will be more usefull and get used more than a 3D setup.

So if I upgrade I will be more likely to go for triple monitors instead of 3D.

Comment

Working...
              X