Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD:BO 3D, will you play it that way?

Mark Lamia Interview:
    IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

I was thinking about upgrading my gfx card for CoD:BO, and even considered getting an LED monitor since I love my LED tv so much, but now I'm considering getting another LCD, but 120hz and 3D capable.

What are your opinions? Has anyone else out there seen 3D in action on the PC?

I'd need to get a new card, new monitor, the 3D kit (and I have Vista, but thought about doing the upgrade to Win7 if I do all of this), so this is quite an expensive decision to say the least lol! But mmm, zombies in 3D !

Re: CoD:BO 3D, will you play it that way?

Too expensive for me. I'm fine with my HD monitor and stuff. Until the prices go down I won't upgrade again.

Comment

I do want a 120 Hz LCD but not for playing in 3D to be honest

Comment

Yeah, I might just go with my GTX470 upgrade and hold off on the other stuff right now. I currently have a 24" Samsung 24bw LCD monitor. I wonder if it would be worth the upgrade to an HDMI LED monitor or an LCD monitor with 120hz?

Comment

I just bought a new monitor.

Comment

I have a 120hz monitor and 3D vision kit, all I have to say they better fix the floating names from MW2. When you played any of the COD games in 3D all the text floats in front since its not 3D (doesn't get doubled), only 3D rendered objects and that can get really annoying. Also if you do game in 3D, v-sync is always enabled (both images locked at 60hz), so don't forget to enable (force, via NV control panel) triple buffer. Other then that, iron sights and the guns look like they have actual mass, really cool. I want to eventually save up for an SLi with 3D surrounds. Heck the 120hz by itself is already a huge advantage.

Comment

No. Not worth it.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Meh, I see 3D for gaming just as I see 3D TV: a gimmick and a fad that will die out eventually. While it may be cooler to play in "3D" (I don't think the 3D in games is real 3D, just 2D rendered as 3D), there is no real advantage that you get, and you probably actually have a disadvantage over everyone else.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Haha nope, I am broke... and anything I buy in the near future will probably be guitar related.

Comment

You need to do your homework, everything except some effects are rendered by your PC in 3D on your graphics card. With 3D Vision from NV it uses that to render 2 3D images from 2 slightly different angles, by its nature 2 3D images to allow you to see 1 3D image, just like things work in real life. That is why 3D works so well for PC games, because every thing is already being rendered in a virtual 3D environment. The only problem is that some developers take short cuts for certain effects to render then as a filter on top of everything, prime example in the COD series is Depth of Field which is a effect on top of the image (you'll notice the effect can sometimes clip over other objects) to mimic human eyes only being able to focus on things near or far which we cannot render in the 3D environment, because by its very nature we are looking at a 2D screen focusing on one distance. Other notorious effects are also "blooms" and old school pre-DX10 "lens flares". Games like WoW, LOTRO, MW2 (except floating text) and BFBC2 look incredible rendered with 3D Vision. Its really impressive to see, recommend anyone to go to a local dealers with a demo (as long as its not the crappy 3DTV 2D to 3D conversion they've been running with Avatar since release).

Also an FYI, 11-12% of the population cannot see 3D effects correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                      Also an FYI, 11-12% of the population cannot see 3D effects correctly.
                      I can't do 3D, my left eye drifts to the left corner. If i force my eye to center i get a bad headache.

Comment

hmm 3D glasses ontop of Glasses.. No thanks.

Comment

No because last time I watched something in 3D it gave me a migraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                            hmm 3D glasses ontop of Glasses.. No thanks.
                            Yep, Toshiba has announced a flat panel display that offers 3D without needing to wear the special glasses.

Comment

i have to see a list of advantages of playing in 3d first. and win a lottery before i get it

Comment

Working...
                              X