Patch 1.51 Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch 1.51 Thoughts

baza said he was going to make it official this weekend but it doesn't seem likely...

Comment

Originally posted by x=FAST=x
      check your filter. They weren't populated at the time

Type in TBG in advanced tab
      i found your server but they're all in red, meaning they're different versions than the beta i have... do you have the latest beta running for sure? if so, that means mine is the older beta and i need to find the newer one... i have populated ticked off and the only ones i see are bunch of multiplay uk and 1 hypernia servers.

update: something's definitely up with the TBG servers. i downloaded a patch from another place and reinstalled it. the TBG servers show up in red again... i'm starting to think the TBG servers aren't set up right...

Comment

try this link http://cdn.battlefieldbadcompany2.co...Patch_1.51.exe

we had 40 people in our karkand server today with no issues. Lots of familiar faces from ea forums. Did you make sure in your registry it is set to 1.51 and not 1.5?

Comment

yea it's 1.51. in the same place at the registry, what does it say for build number? mine says 1.10.77.0.

it's weird, i can see your servers but i can't join them because they're red...

it says:

"Your client is an older version than the server. you do not have ea down loader installed click ok to minimize the game and go to battlefield 2142 website, where more information on EA DM and patches is available"

UPDATE: ok i got it working now. i had to delete stuff in the registry that was related to 1.51. now the TBG servers aren't in red anymore.

Comment

yeah I knew it had to be the registry

Comment

Any one knows where I could get a working "dan's localization" that works with 1.51?

@ FAST, I found out I am not the only one having issues with your servers.

Comment

its possible that many have issues, but that is Dice issue. Our servers are installed properly and we see quite a few on our servers.

In any case, the patch will be official in a couple to few days

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk
                  Any one knows where I could get a working "dan's localization" that works with 1.51?

are you having the #NAME? error too? i think it only happens on karkand, no?

oh and try doing this:
                  go into your registry, and right click on the 1.51 folder and delete the whole thing.

then install 1.51 on a 1.50 install.
                  this was the only way i was able to play the TBG, DIG, WCK servers that are running 1.51.
                  if i didn't do this, i only saw bunch of empty european servers.

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk

I have been the one updating the Dan's files ever since he disappeared a few years back. I haven't downloaded the new patch yet but will try to get to it this weekend. Once I do I will go in and make the changes and provide a link for everyone that still wants it.

Comment

its possible that many have issues, but that is Dice issue. Our servers are installed properly and we see quite a few on our servers.

In any case, the patch will be official in a couple to few days
                      Yeah, I dont doubt you guys initializes your server properly, but, ever since you guys changed your Northern strike server to assault line I have been getting these issues. I could swear something has changed. I really hope the official release would fix this?

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      are you having the #NAME? error too? i think it only happens on karkand, no?

oh and try doing this:
                      go into your registry, and right click on the 1.51 folder and delete the whole thing.

then install 1.51 on a 1.50 install.
                      this was the only way i was able to play the TBG, DIG, WCK servers that are running 1.51.
                      if i didn't do this, i only saw bunch of empty european servers.
                      I have also been getting this issues as well, I will try it on tomorrow. Ty min.

Originally posted by Skates
                      I have been the one updating the Dan's files ever since he disappeared a few years back. I haven't downloaded the new patch yet but will try to get to it this weekend. Once I do I will go in and make the changes and provide a link for everyone that still wants it.
                      That would be very appreciated, 2142 without the localization dosen't feel authentic anymore :\

Regards

Comment

It looks like whatever server patch is coming its coming officially on Tuesday the 15th. Thats what I last heard. It could be that this patch was to encourage testing.

Comment

It looks like whatever server patch is coming its coming officially on Tuesday the 15th. Thats what I last heard. It could be that this patch was to encourage testing.
                          Yup Baza posted this on the 2142 EA forums, there will be a new patch for everyone to download, with a steam release a few weeks after that

Comment

of course when baza says few weeks, it really means upto a year

Comment

Okay guys, its all coming down to this. The patch is getting updated, and will be officially released Feb 15. The best news is that the Verdun titan exploit seems to have been at last eradicated. I can't believe this is finally happening. Lets get as many people on the day it releases as possible and shock this masterpiece back to life.

source

Mac gamers will be delayed several decades for the conversion process.

Comment

It's out finally haha but I'm not going to download at 200Kbps/second ffs -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X