Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.51 Thoughts

What do you guys think?

I havent had a lot of time to explore the maps, but Molokai is pretty fun in the fact that it vastly differs from the spread out over a field feel type of Titan maps. Hopefully it will be played a lot since its close like Suez.

Besides that I'm just happy I dont need to keep the disk in a readable shape and hackers will, at least temporarily, be unplagued from the leaderboards.

Re: Patch 1.51 Thoughts

I had a good look at the maps yesterday, some of them are brilliant, Molokai like you said looks so vastly different compared to every other 2142 map, great setting for a titan map. I had to have a few games of karky, 2142 really adds a new dimension to it with the snowy overcast feel to it, and I loved seeing the monorail and the massive buildings. Karkand has a Fall of Berlin feel to it with the monorail.

I like the look of the Assault Lines map but I think it has a few graphical glitches, in random places my screen would go from looking at some building to a white background with random black railings chucked on top, but with the HUD still visible.

I think these new maps will get to play a little bit of 2142 again, I have to say loading the game and seeing that bitchin walker made me happy, and they fixed the crash bug in the awards section!

Comment

Strange i cannot go in 1440x900 anymore, I don't even have the option to do so and if I force this resolution the game crashes, I have to play in 1280*960.

I played all map but more of Karkand than anything. Karkand doesn't feel that different despite the monorail and huge building and different equipment. Yellow knife and blue pearl are good but remind me too much of others maps, the only interesting map in my opinion is Molokai because it's different enough in term of gameplay.

I did forgot the sluggish infantry battles (I don't even want to try vBF2 again) and the musical chair game with flags. I also noticed I have a far better k/d ratio after playing BC2, because I camp a lot more now and don't even try to take flags without some support, I was litteraly camping with a Tiger and only go out when I had no more ammo (also forgot there was ammo in vehicles lol).

Comment

I like Yellow Knife and I'm quite surprised how much fun Karkand is. The BF2 buildings and textures look quite primitive and are showing their age but still it's a dense map with lots of scope for different tactics. I'm loving the plasma rorsch cannon as well.

Gameplay seems pretty much unchanged, no major bugs to report. Oh except the double-tap sprint issue - that's really annoying.

Sadly the patch does not keep hack ******* out. There was a ***** called 'C' on a Shingle game earlier just slaughtering folks with an aimbot in a walker. Kick votes were coming in with 90% for kicking but we couldn't get the 100% to get rid of the twat. Only option to leave the server.

Comment

Took me about 5 minutes to accidentally glitch inside a building on Karkand. Combat Testing has once again done a superb job.

Comment

The BF2 buildings and textures look quite primitive and are showing their age but still it's a dense map with lots of scope for different tactics.
            When my sister saw the interiors of the hotel building she said "you're playing Half-life?"

Comment

Originally posted by L-iNC
              Took me about 5 minutes to accidentally glitch inside a building on Karkand. Combat Testing has once again done a superb job.
              Youd be surprised what gets reported and what doesnt get fixed.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Jac, was it that Pacman guy? I didnt think he was a hacker, but who knows.

I'm surprised at just how much of a blast Karkland was. I was afraid it would feel awkward like some other BF2 ish maps, but it feels just as fresh as in BF2, I just didnt like the lag, but it may have been on my side.

Comment

No he was just called C.

I was sniping from the tower outside PAC base when I just got hosed by fire from the walker second seat. I knew this walker was miles away so it seemed odd. I went up there again and the same thing happened - obviously his aimbot just locked onto me as soon as I became visible. I checked his score and he was 50+ for 0. I went commander and watched him, he was camped outside EU base and I could see from my comm screen the second seat gun snapping around as it locked onto targets.

I destroyed his walker a few times with the commander tools so then he came after me specifically. He must have had something that gave away enemy positions and commander positions too.

I'm gonna start using a new rule. If I find myself on a server with a definite hacker I'm gonna try a kick vote, if it doesn't work I leave the server. Simple as that.

:thumbsup:

Also anyone else have the double-tap sprint issue? I think minmaster said on another forum that it works for him but others have said they can no longer do it. My instincts tell me it may be an install method issue - for me this is a fresh install and then 1.5 - 1.51.

Comment

yea i tested double tap sprint after hearing all these people say it doesn't work and it worked for me. i was installing over existing installation.

Comment

please tell me something. i want to play this patch but when the official (not beta) patch comes out will i have to re install bf2142 ? cause that happened with bf2.
                      Another question is, by installing this new patch will i still be able to play in other servers with the other maps? or only this instance of the game with a small ammount of servers and maps?
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                        please tell me something. i want to play this patch but when the official (not beta) patch comes out will i have to re install bf2142 ? cause that happened with bf2.
                        Another question is, by installing this new patch will i still be able to play in other servers with the other maps? or only this instance of the game with a small ammount of servers and maps?
                        thanks
                        I didnt think about that, but sadly I think so.

Why do you guys use double tap? It seems like shift is a less obstructive way to sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                          thanks
                          right click on your existing 2142 folder and create a copy. then use that as backup to revert back to current version.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster

Why do you guys use double tap? It seems like shift is a less obstructive way to sprint.
                            I've got butter fingers. Whenever I press shift to sprint I sometimes hit the option screen key as well. Double-tap is just easier no need for another key or finger.Dunno, guess it's just what I've got used to after 4 years.

I am going to try installing all the patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              right click on your existing 2142 folder and create a copy. then use that as backup to revert back to current version.
                              hope that works! thanks man!!! + rep

Comment

Working...
                              X