No announcement yet.

"AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

My point is that a lot of people are unable to distinguish between skilled players and cheaters. You specifically said that 43/16 was a cheater's in-round K/D. You can see in my picture that I got 43/15, just because...

Unfounded hackusations and paranoia ruin modern FPS gaming nearly as much as actual cheaters.

Comment

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Comment

The "Unskilled and Unaware" study is the one I've read. I didn't know they'd named it after them.
        Something that should almost be required for anyone to read before they even think of accusing someone of cheating.

Comment

Actually that brings up a good point for the server admins. So what criteria tips you off that someone is using some sort of cheat???

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
            Actually that brings up a good point for the server admins. So what criteria tips you off that someone is using some sort of cheat???
            For myself and the admins in the OTF server the first thing is to see an extreme KDR, I mean 30-2 within the first set of MCOMS, we play rush mode, we then track the people down and follow them. Yes this takes time, but if in the time we track them down there KDR has doubled or more, we then remove them for suspected hacks. We have actually been able to follow most that are suspicious and have seen some crazy shots being made. We also check there stats, if they have a 60%-75% headshot ratio on most guns that's fairly obvious they are aimbotting. These things take time unfortunately, some people get upset and leave because we are not banning fast enough, but we want to make sure that we are not banning someone for having a good vantage point or who is simply good at the game, so we try and check all the variables as quick as possible. We usually have anywhere from 2-4 admins on during peaks times of play and therefore can "tag team" the hunt.

Comment

The "hack" lost its original meaning and thrown around every time a nemesis pin is given out.

I take it as a compliment

Why thank you, I know that drag shot was insane. Yes that was a fluke shot. Well you ran into my scope. Why would you go pointblank against a sniper rifle? I saw your muzzle flash. I was within 3 seconds of revive. No garage doors do not block bullets. Neither does fences and barrels.

Some people cry too much and spam the chatbox.

Comment

Procedure if the cheater is not an obvious hack (no twitching, fast target switching, killing people across the map withing 1 second between kills.)
                1. Check PBBans index
                2. Check their Stats
                3. Observe them when in spawn screen.
                4. Take PB screen shot
                5. Don't ban based on black screen shot (it means nothing.)

No proof? = no ban.

Conclusion: That player is better than you, and it's a good idea to play against him, so that you learn to play better.

Comment

Good suggestions. I will pass them along to my clan mates.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                    5. Don't ban based on black screen shot (it means nothing.)
                    That is nice to see. I dont know how many servers I have been on where I have been banned for that because I run Win 7 64bit. I try to explain to them that you cant base it on that alone and that someone having bad drivers could cause a black screen. They just argue with me and tell me how its their money for the server or how its impossible for PB to be wrong or even how they cant take the chance.

So kudos to all the admins that observer that part.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't think it's even bad drivers that causes black PBSS. From what I understand, it's anyone with AA + DX10/11 enabled. PB needs to be updated.
                      Admins that don't even know something that basic shouldn't be allowed to run servers...

Comment

I m generally suspicious to medics...

From what I've seen in vids and in game, some hackers prefer medics. (Large clip? No reload?)

Comment

yea they seem to love the LMGs and they usually don't use red dot. they just iron sight aimbot away.

Comment

Working...
                          X