No announcement yet.

"AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Which is why PB and VAC need some serious updates and upgrades.
    That is the biggest thing to take from this. The software needs to be improved. Humans let emotions and arrogance get in the way.

"There's no way I could have killed someone like that. That means there's no way ANYONE could have killed someone like that. That means he's a CHEATER, not that I need to get better."

Comment

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
      Who the hell are these guys ? To little to late , punkbuster is next to useless and I have yet to see a decent admined server in months , this game is now just as bad if not worse than MW2 .

If BF3 does not come out quick enough then this I can see the death of PC multiplayer shooters dying within the next five years , maybe sooner . My old clan has died and only 5 of us still play on a weekend but even we are talking about jumping on a console as it so bad. We spend half the night searching for new serves as it is so blatant that at least two aimbotters are on every server let alone wallhackers .

Luckily we still have a few decent BF2 servers and TF2 is still a blast but BFBC2 is no more than a hackfest at the moment and I have given up on it.
      I completely agree. And if your looking for a server to play on come on over to ours. We usually have an admin either watching or in game everyday. During the weekend we have 2-3 of them.

Comment

For the record I have never opened a BFBC2 admin program and would not dream of trying to admin this game , I was referring to blank PB screenshots in BF2 .

We will all have our opinions on this matter and truth be told we will never know what hax or macros people have running on there hard drives unless we could examine them , with that in mind I have to make an educated decision upon who is hacking and who is not ( educated as in I have played enough on line FPS to make a very accurate decision ).

I don't get hung up on it as much as I used to and now as I stated earlier will just jog on , I also know a hell of a lot of experienced players who have the same opinion.

Looking ahead I do hope BF3 will be PC only and not another console port ( I can't see it) or more people will leave PC gaming behind . For the short time I have been playing Starcraft 2

Comment

"Seriously? Are you another one of those people who thinks anyone who does well at the game must be cheating?"

Well Expletive define "doing well" because if the guy is 45 and 10 and running around without a care in the world picking people off with a shot gun then to me that's cheating. Yeah you may be good with a shot gun but 45 and 10 good???? I've seen it too many times and this game is starting to get up there with MW2 as far as hacking goes.

And what's more, most admins are so tired of hearing about it that they kick THE LEGIT PLAYERS for complaining. It's insane!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
            "Seriously? Are you another one of those people who thinks anyone who does well at the game must be cheating?"

Well Expletive define "doing well" because if the guy is 45 and 10 and running around without a care in the world picking people off with a shot gun then to me that's cheating. Yeah you may be good with a shot gun but 45 and 10 good???? I've seen it too many times and this game is starting to get up there with MW2 as far as hacking goes.

And what's more, most admins are so tired of hearing about it that they kick THE LEGIT PLAYERS for complaining. It's insane!!!
            I've already posted a few screens of decent rounds or streaks where I've been accused of cheating:
            Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

At least a couple of those are slugs. Damned near every time I played with slugs someone accused me of cheating. Slugs got me banned from at least 3 servers (and kicked from quite a few more) before I got platinum on all 3 pumps.

And yes, a lot of admins are tired of poor players crying and whining about people killing them, so they're kicking the whiners.

Comment

If you use the M870 with Slugs and Magnum Ammo (+25% damage) you will get accused of cheating a lot. After you get good with it, especially with headshots and taking guys out at range, you will definitely get kicked/banned a lot. Most people assume you're cheating because they've never used this loadout before and don't don't understand how powerful it is - it is far deadlier than any other in the game. It's 6X worse than going against a good Carl Gustav player because they can drop several guys in quick succession before having to reload the shotty.

You won't believe it unless you try it - it takes a few minutes to get the feel of the shotty because you need to lead moving targets a little in order to make certain you don't miss. The one drawback - if you miss with the shotty, you're dead. It's when you stop missing that the ban-fest begins.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                Anyone can get a k/d of 45-10 with a little luck, I've ended up with many such scores when not even trying. The shotgun with slugs is pretty much a instant kill in close/mid range so if you have decent aim it's pretty easy I'd say. The majority of people playing BFBC2, any game really regardless of platform, are absolutely terrible and anyone putting some effort into their game will perform very well against them. Judging if a person is cheating or not through a kill/death ratio, is probably the dumbest thing ever.

Oops, I must be hacking. :/

People are so quick to call hacks these days. So, you got outsmarted or outaimed, or the guy got lucky. Don't let it get to you and keep playing. He might have seen a glimpse of you when you thought you were hiding, he might have heard something... people tend to completely forget the aspect of sound in the game. If you have a good headset and listen carefully there are TONS of small cues you can pick up as for where your enemies are. If I hear a guy firing a weapon above me and no friendlies are close, I know that's an enemy. I might hear a russian dude throwing a grenade when I'm on the US team, etc etc

This is a duel between two of the world's top Quake players. You don't have to watch this entire video, but watch the first 3 minutes or so. Look and listen to how the players pay very close attention to when the enemy makes a sound and quickly decides what to do. Notice how they always keep looking in the direction of where the enemy supposedly is, and never ever walks around a corner blindly. In a highly disorganised BFBC2 public game, anyone with decent reflexes and map knowledge can do very well.

If anyone really moves over to console because of hackers, I LOL @ U.

Comment

I can't seem to even kill an enemy 6 ft away from me, with those stupid slugs. So i don't know how people use them to snipe, with the shotties.

Comment

Who do you think accused me of cheating this round?:

Maybe not who you think...

Then sometimes they do the backdoor kick:

Of course, the server wasn't full. 20 out of 24 players...

I've had admins ask me to tone it down or take a break, as I've caused people to leave their server. I can handle that. That's understandable. But to accuse me of cheating and ban me? That's just shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                      I can't seem to even kill an enemy 6 ft away from me, with those stupid slugs. So i don't know how people use them to snipe, with the shotties.
                      Practice with it and use the Magnum Ammo perk to regain most of the stopping power you lose by converting from buckshot to slugs. Lead your target and make each shot count. Aim for between the shoulders and when you get more comfortable start aiming for the neck/head. It'll take a few maps, but you'll get the hang of it. Trust me - it's unbelievable once you get the feel and everything just clicks.

Comment

The game must be ripe with haxs if a third party company needs to step in:dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                          The game must be ripe with haxs if a third party company needs to step in:dead:
                          PBBans supports just about every game that has punkbuster and they are third party. AntiCheat is like them. What a lot of people dont understand is that PunkBuster was designed for third party and admin support. It was suppose to be a tool for the admin or third party that wanted to expand its capabilities.

The problem is that Punkbuster is getting long in the tooth and has exploits in it that nothing a good version update with some encryption couldnt fix.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

saw a new hack today
                            tank on the edge of the map
                            shooting a main round every second
                            you could see about 10 rounds in the air at same time
                            and not just me - my squad mate also saw it on his screen
                            sure wish we had SS to prove it
                            (no - not the 50 cal on top = that was also firing)

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                              Practice with it and use the Magnum Ammo perk to regain most of the stopping power you lose by converting from buckshot to slugs. Lead your target and make each shot count. Aim for between the shoulders and when you get more comfortable start aiming for the neck/head. It'll take a few maps, but you'll get the hang of it. Trust me - it's unbelievable once you get the feel and everything just clicks.

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                                hehe so true.

"Crunch's First Officer"
                                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                                X