No announcement yet.

"AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Explore our Video Game Forums. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games on Console, PC and Mobile.

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

thanks for the heads up, quem. will look into it.

Comment

Re: "AntiCheat, Inc. (-ACI-) announces its support for Battlefield Bad Company 2"

Do doubt. I know a lot of server owners come here and it would spread the word a bit more. I hope it really works and cuts down on the cheaters.

Comment

Who the hell are these guys ? To little to late , punkbuster is next to useless and I have yet to see a decent admined server in months , this game is now just as bad if not worse than MW2 .

If BF3 does not come out quick enough then this I can see the death of PC multiplayer shooters dying within the next five years , maybe sooner . My old clan has died and only 5 of us still play on a weekend but even we are talking about jumping on a console as it so bad. We spend half the night searching for new serves as it is so blatant that at least two aimbotters are on every server let alone wallhackers .

Luckily we still have a few decent BF2 servers and TF2 is still a blast but BFBC2 is no more than a hackfest at the moment and I have given up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
          Who the hell are these guys ? To little to late , punkbuster is next to useless and I have yet to see a decent admined server in months , this game is now just as bad if not worse than MW2 .

If BF3 does not come out quick enough then this I can see the death of PC multiplayer shooters dying within the next five years , maybe sooner . My old clan has died and only 5 of us still play on a weekend but even we are talking about jumping on a console as it so bad. We spend half the night searching for new serves as it is so blatant that at least two aimbotters are on every server let alone wallhackers .

Luckily we still have a few decent BF2 servers and TF2 is still a blast but BFBC2 is no more than a hackfest at the moment and I have given up on it.
          agree with all = (well not the console part = but are the consoles 'cheat free' - if yes - maybe I will try them)
          the cheaters are so easy to spot - but without admin to boot them - they do what they want

Comment

No, consoles are not cheat free either. As long as someone is willing to do anything to win there will be cheaters.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

this game is now just as bad if not worse than MW2
              Oh come on it's not that bad.

If I come accros some duche who is unstopable it sure raise suspicion but he could have the round of his life.

Many times in the next round the same guy blows so I have to see the first blatant cheater yet.

Comment

Anything that helps is welcome. Bad Company 2 has turned out to be the most challenging game to admin out of the entire BF series. We usually need multiple admins tag-teaming to manage the workload. Catching hackers is the hardest - currently the only way to make sure is to spy on them for a while to make sure it's not just a really good player beating up on a whiney newbie. Apparently ACI is working on an admin tool that will make it easier to monitor the players. Now that's what I'm looking forward too!

They've been supporting America's Army for a while, so they are legit. I've already brought this to the attention of our head server admin. I'm hoping to get this running on our server(s) asap. The biggest benefit is that when a hacker gets busted and is forced to create a new account, this software recognizes that the new account is linked to an old account belonging to a hacker so the new account is busted too. So this should in theory force a hacker to have to buy a new license/CD.

Comment

Seriously? Are you another one of those people who thinks anyone who does well at the game must be cheating? There aren't really that many noticeable cheaters in this game that I've seen, but there are a LOT of crying hackusations without proof of any kind.

Here's one of my biggest problems with third-party groups that have the ability to deny players the use of their game: What's stopping one of those noob clans from filing false reports and getting people banned from more than just their own server?

One clan of morons had this posted in their forums:
                  John--the only problem with a pw server is ,EA doesn't allow a password protected server to be ranked,it has to be open to the public.So if we want our points to count,we can't use pw.
                  Last night we had the LG clan playing on our server,stat padding . They were putting tracer dart on their own players so their buddies on the other side could Gustof them from across the map. KYKIller & Raptor1 were 2 of them . Watch for this kind of stat padding from these guys in the future & ban if necessary.
                  They want a private server but they can't stay ranked that way. So they just ban anyone better than them and accuse them of cheating while they do it.
                  They also think the enemy can lock on to your team's tracers. They're "Respected Admins," too, they were saying. You want your ability to play the game on other servers in their hands? I don't trust anyone to make that decision. Keep bans on a per-server basis unless PUNKBUSTER finds actual proof of 3rd-party cheating programs.

"At least two aimbotters are on every server"
                  This is a total lie and makes you look like an MS or Sony rep spreading propaganda to get people to convert to consoles from the PC. Either that or someone so horrible at games that you really do think everyone is cheating.

Comment

^

I won't shift through and quote or edit your post as there is so much drivel within I would just give up trying to get my pint across ;

http://bf2s.com/player/65414354/. I think you will see I am clearly not a console fan at all . This along with the endless hours of counter strike ,BF1942, BF Vietnam , hours of server admining and even organising a clan in ESL I think I am more than capable of making a decision of who is hacking .

In my experience if a player looks dodgy ( and yes I will take ping and latency into consideration ) then he is . I think I can work out who is wallkacking or aimbotting very easily , not something that difficult for an experienced admin to do .

The crafty hackers are the ones that let you think they are playing fair and will let you kill them but not more than they will you , normally the ones that have a KD of 20/5 and you think are skilled players , I have taken punk buster screenshots of these so called players , what do you think the picture revealed? A big fat blank screen with a MSX hack or the like in the background .

Believe me there are more hackers than you guys would dream of out there which is why I gave up being a server admin as all my night was spent kicking and banning people .

My love will always be the PC but I fear I am getting pushed away by hackers and games that are nothing more than console ports , MW2 and BFBC2 being 2 . I will not be purchasing the new MOH as this will be another console port and the next time I load a BF game other than bf2 will be BF3 but only if it's been developed for the PC . Other than that I will hang up my Pc gaming and buy an Apple Mac .

Comment

to those above who feel there are no cheaters
                      well - sorry for your thoughts - but how do you explain posts like VBal Eagle's above????
                      when admins can force a SS using the players PC and SEE THE NO FOG OR WALL HAX IN PLAIN FRIGGEN VIEW??????
                      you never saw ::
                      1. a NOOB in a helo when ALL the rockets curve like base balls and ALL hit the Tank ???? even some when he flioes OVER the TANK???
                      2. a TANK round go ALL the way across the MAP with ZERO arch
                      3. a TANK round curve in mid flight and 'follow' a helo or a fast moving ATV???
                      4. hide in a BLDG for 3 - 5 minutes to take a phone call = no where near any action and some noob swoops in with knife/pistol in hand
                      5. someone jump in the air and head shot 4 players at once before even hitting the ground

I never look at stats to prove a hacker
                      some are so bad they get killed alot anyway
                      also - I am the first to admit I get pwned alot
                      but I can also tell when I deserve it (95% of the time)
                      but can also tell you when I see total BS

Comment

I NEVER ONCE said that there are no cheaters. Just that "two aimbotters in every server" is gross exaggeration. I've seen a handful in over 300 hours.

PB Screen shots don't work for this game in DX10 or 11. Nearly every one has a blank screen. And after some of the admins I've had the displeasure of encountering in this game, I'm going to assume he's lying when he says he has PBSS of people with hacks all over the screen in BFBC2. I've only heard of PBSSs working to catch a very small number of cheaters on DX9. There are only about 50 people banned using PBSS proof in BFBC2. Then there are nearly 8,000 caught by PB. Why do you think there are threads like this?: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ds-fixing.html

If a cheater could alter the physics on their shots, they could just kill you without bothering with shooting at all. Just because you see a straight tracer doesn't mean that the shot itself had no drop. Projectile physics are controlled by the server along with weapon damage and deviation values. That's why a lot of cheaters still have horrible accuracy even with a high headshot ratio. They hold the trigger, shots fly everywhere, but since they're locked onto heads they have a much higher chance of hitting the head on the shots that don't fly wild.

Your number 4... If someone throws a grenade or a sniper shoots someone anywhere on the map, your soldier starts yelling. You can't hide on these little maps, someone will hear you and come kill you. If you aren't using sound to locate people to kill them, you're doing it wrong.

This along with the endless hours of counter strike ,BF1942, BF Vietnam , hours of server admining and even organising a clan in ESL I think I am more than capable of making a decision of who is hacking .

In my experience if a player looks dodgy ( and yes I will take ping and latency into consideration ) then he is . I think I can work out who is wallkacking or aimbotting very easily , not something that difficult for an experienced admin to do.
                        Every loser admin who has accused me of cheating has made these exact same claims. "I've been playing these games for years." "I r srs admin." "EZ if you know what to look for." It almost always boils down to impotent rage at getting your **** pushed in by someone who is simply having a better game than you at that time.

Without PBSS or first-person spectate, you have no idea what's going on with that other person's screen. If you're following someone in 3rd person, they will hear and see things that you can't. And with lag effects, damn near everyone looks like they're "snapping," even people who are sucking at the bottom of the board.

Anything other than blatant botting, like this, you're just guessing and don't have enough information to prove anything.

Comment

The crafty hackers are the ones that let you think they are playing fair and will let you kill them but not more than they will you , normally the ones that have a KD of 20/5 and you think are skilled players , I have taken punk buster screenshots of these so called players , what do you think the picture revealed? A big fat blank screen with a MSX hack or the like in the background
                          a black screenshot in itself doesn't mean much, especially in bc2, where a player who has AA turned on will return a black ss. that is nearly every player. ya, hackers are out there, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
                            a black screenshot in itself doesn't mean much, especially in bc2, where a player who has AA turned on will return a black ss. that is nearly every player. ya, hackers are out there, but they are the exception, not the rule.
                            Yup.

There's little chance for overlays to get caught on PBSS because they fail without capturing anything.

Comment

Which is why PB and VAC need some serious updates and upgrades.

No telling when that will happen though, if ever.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X