Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?

Originally posted by stilla-killa
    I really didn't like how they combined some of the kits in 2142 and especially in Bad Company 2. What I would like to see is the return of the 7 different kit types like in Battlefield 2. So would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits in Battlefield 3?
    To me, customization is the name of the game and before anyone jumps on me, please hear me out...

I'd like to see some MMORPG elements added insofar as being able to loadout with various gear. You should be able to pick how much ammo you want to carry, what kind of LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) you're soldier is going to wear, regular or extended magazines, number of grenades, rockets, etc., type of bulletproof vest and other variables. All that should factor into how fast the character can move and how fast he can jump and if they're going to allow us to finally swim underwater it might even come down to sinking like a rock or swimming very slow. As I've said elsewhere, I don't want BF3 to become some kind of clunky simulation game, but weight of equipment should come into play.

This would mean that you don't necessarily choose a specific kit, you customize what you're going to bring to the battlefield and depending upon your rucksack and LBE, you'll be able to carry more or be limited to fewer options.

It would also be nice to have "hydration" as a factor in sprinting. Your character won't actually drink water (again, we don't need some hardcore simulation) but you can loudout with a canton, two cantons, small camel back or large camel back and that will determine how long you can sprint for, but it also factors into overall weight.

If a guy is carrying an RPG and three rockets, he just isn't going to move as fast as someone with only a few mags of ammo and an assault rifle. These ideas will help with preventing excessive noob-tubing and greatly help balance weapons. If weight is factored in and more realistic reload times, then you can have a Light-Machine Gun that is comparable to its real-life counterpart in terms of stopping power and bullet penetration, but how many players are going to spring for that if they know it's going to slow their character down in a realistic fashion, decrease their sprint time and the weapon takes a while to reload?

Comment

As far as I can see, you can already do all that in BC2, just in a less complicated way.
      Even just giving the four classes different speed would achive much of the same.

Comment

I really liked the kits in BF2 and would love to seem them brought back however I could do without assault since that kit always seemed a bit redundant to me. I mean the gun isn't too much more powerful then the rest, body armor isn't that great, and the grenade launcher isn't used all that often. It's not much different then being spec ops without the c4 or a medic without the health packs and defebs. Other than assault I thought all the kits in BF2 served a purpose and offered all the diversity needed to have a fully functioning squad, to me having 4 kits just takes some of the fun out of it.

Comment

Working...
        X