Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?

I really didn't like how they combined some of the kits in 2142 and especially in Bad Company 2. What I would like to see is the return of the 7 different kit types like in Battlefield 2. So would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits in Battlefield 3?

Re: Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?

Yea i completely agree with you. Although i loved BF2142 there was a greater variety in BF2 when it came to kit selection. It would create far more tactical games when having a medic, engineer, spec ops and assault player in your squad rather than the combined variations of the lot like in 2142.

Comment

No, I think the roles have stayed the same. You still have to make choices. As a recon player, you can still choose semi-autos or bolt-actions or even the VSS automatic. You also have different specs to augment close or distance shooting. Then there's the C4 or mortar strike choice.
      Then you have engineers choosing between the traditional AT mines or an AT launcher role.

Yeah, they gave ammo to the guy with medic weapons and medkits to the support guys, but whatever. I feel the various ROLES are still well represented with the four kits. You can choose to alter your role with any of the kits to fit the map. On some maps in BF2, some kits felt almost useless, or at least not AS useful.

With the current model, all four kits are usually well represented, to the point that people complain about all of them nearly equally. If there are so many useless snipers, how are there so many medic trains making life miserable? If there are so many CG sniping noobs, how do they keep getting more ammo from the Abakan lamers?

Balanced.

Comment

Would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits?
        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
          So would you like to see DICE bring back 7 kits in Battlefield 3?
          Yes, for the variety Eliminator mentioned and also for aesthetic variety.

Comment

no

Comment

I dont see any reason to bring back such a large spectrum either. I think Expletive was right, the choices in the classes are more important than the many different classes. When I played BF2 I played Spec Ops the most followed by medic. The other classes I just filled if the need arose. They were left out. In BC2 I find myself playing those other roles far more than the other Battlefield games.

Besides, people will argue its for more choice, but in the end those extra classes are usually underpowered for whatever reason and get ignored. Being a "support" person only is boring. People want to get into the action. Why do you think you see dead medics everywhere in BC2 when they are suppose to be in the back providing support? Granted, they do have some powerful machine guns

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I would jsut want the support class back to remove the infinate ammo for the assault players and give the medic a more feasable weapon load out.

Comment

I agree with Crunch. I like the new class system in that you can create your perfect loadout. 7 classes are great if you have a squad of 6 each with different classes but many times you are playing in pubs where you cannot "organise" your squad, and sometimes you lone wolf and in those cases it is better to have a more versatile array of weapons in your kit.

Comment

I'd say no. Four classes is enough to cover the major roles, and the variety available in each class is substantial enough that they are all very flexible.

Comment

I wouldn't mind 7 classes if they are distinguished enough. Otherwise I think 4-5 is better. I especially like the engineer/anti-tank merge in 2142/BC2.

Comment

Sorry, no.

5 kits at most.

Comment

More the better no?just like weapons and vehicles! or maybe customisable kits

e.g 10 body skins and pick your weapons(with limits ovcourse)

Comment

I would actually like to see it. Not totally sure why, but I think it would add to the game and make it feel more Battlefieldy.

Comment

lol bf2 had 7 classes but everyone played as MEDIC with g36E anyway.

i think BFBC2 had it down perfectly actually especially with the ALL KIT weapons

i was every class with the M1 and dominated pretty good so all i had to do was switch to what class was needed for that map (engi, medic, assault)

so i say thumbs down on the 7 classes, but allow for customization and have all kit weapons. i want choice, but not so drastic of choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X