Shotgun load-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shotgun load-out

Use slugs and magnum ammo on all kits. I would say go assault for the infinite ammo and or medic for more point whoring.

Comment

Agree with Cyp3r. Hadn't used the usas12 semiauto and with slugs and magnum ammo I'll go gold with it tonight after playing some rounds last night. The pump shotguns are more of a challenge, because if you miss, gotta make the 2nd one count ... if you get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
        Agree with Cyp3r. Hadn't used the usas12 semiauto and with slugs and magnum ammo I'll go gold with it tonight after playing some rounds last night. The pump shotguns are more of a challenge, because if you miss, gotta make the 2nd one count ... if you get the chance.

Best thing to do is not miss =) Also if your going to play with these shawtys I suggest playing with them till you plat because it takes a gold star or 2 to get completely used to them. You will get the hackusations in no time! good luck

Comment

Best not to miss, yes, lol ... have already received some hackusations using the 870 to which I lol'd ... and then killed them more rofl

Comment

Haha nice! I have some footage that I am going to put into my BC2 vid when I get all my platinum's. 5 dudes dead while rushing to plant an Mcom. 4 with the neo and 1 with a knife. you know there had to be some tea bagging in there as well lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
              Best not to miss, yes, lol ... have already received some hackusations using the 870 to which I lol'd ... and then killed them more rofl
              Yeah, works great until they ban you...

Comment

Luckily I don't have to worry about getting banned anymore for that since I got the 3 plats already.

Comment

Yah, there are some small minded admins out there. But I am not quite so good that they want to ban me yet. lol

Comment

Sting79 sounds familiar you play in the TRR servers at all?

Comment

Hmmm not sure, if it's rush probably not. I play mostly SDM and some conquest. Very little rush, but for a change of pace, maybe I'll start playing rush more.

Comment

Using any shotty with magnum is a pretty deadly combo. When using the slugs it's incredible how far away you can headshot somebody, but I've decided it's better to just spot them at long range than trying to compete with snipers. Let your friendly snipers and assualts take care of them at range - that's their job.

In close quarters it does take a while to get that magic feel of the shotty, but once you do it is magical! They key is to anticipate what your opponent is going to do - lead the target just a little to make sure they get the full blast from your boomstick and they usually go down like a bag of dirt. By "lead", I mean send your buckshot/slugs slightly in front of them, to where they are going to be located as opposed to where they were at a split second ago. The easiest way to lead is to soften your focus so that you are gazing at the whole screen, not frantically chasing your target with your eyeballs.

When they are strafing back and forth really quickly, epsecially with the speed perk, it can be a bit tough to hit them, but at the same time that makes it a bit tougher for them to hit you - so even then you can usually get them with 2 shots. And always be ready to switch weapons and finish them off with the pistol and/or knife, which of course applies to any class.

Comment

I've been wondering something. I've seen people say they got credit for a marksman headshot with weapons other than sniper rifles.

But I've taken people out with slugs from LONG range (guy at UAV on Arica Harbor from the little wooden tower on the hill behind the first set of MCOMs) and don't remember ever seeing a marksman headshot bonus for it.

It's not really that far to get credit using a sniper rifle. How does it work with other weapons, if at all?

Comment

870 on Assault with extra explosives.

Comment

Working...
                            X