Shotgun load-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun load-out

So I'm thinking about playing around with shotguns a bit more.

What does everyone use as a load-out...any favorites? What about perks?

Re: Shotgun load-out

Pump with slugs and magnum, M9 or Grach as a sidearm for fast shots to finish off people who tank the first slug.

I usually go Assault for the extra ammo, but Recon isn't too bad because the motion balls can give you an idea of where everyone in a building is, and you can bust out some Gun-Kata and get called a hacker...

Comment

is 870 best shottie?

Comment

I find that the 870 and NS2000 are about the same. The SPAS takes up a lot of room on the screen and has the slowest reload, so I'll end up using it last.

If the whiners have their way, the slugs will be weakened to the point where no one will ever use shotguns at all. "Oh noes, a guy with only 4 freaking bullets can sit in one spot for a second to settle deviation and then precisely aim for long-range headshots!!!11!!!"

Comment

SPAS and 870 are pretty much exactly the same, except that SPAS has slower rate of fire. The NS2000 has more damage and a tiny bit slower rate of fire, but to be honest they are all extremely similar so just use what you like best. You can often increase the rate of fire by quickly switching to pistol and back (this also gets rid of the animation after firing a shot that can be a bit distracting). If you don't get a kill at medium range with slugs he's probably really really low on health and spamming some pistol shots will probably kill him faster than firing another shotgun shot.

Slugs are almost always better and are instant kill to the chest at short-medium range even without magnum ammo for the most time. Well aimed shots can kill at rather ridiculous ranges. Don't hesitate to try long range shots, even if you don't get the kill they hurt a lot.

The semi-auto shotguns are decent as well, but you need to spam a lot of shots on target where as the pump (with slugs) will instant kill many times.

As for what classes you should play with, it's not really too important, I use them for everything. If you're playing assault with shotgun you get C4, and the ability to resupply yourself which can be really useful sometimes. Personally I like playing really aggressive medic with the 870 w/ slugs.

Comment

All of the pump-action shotguns do the same amount of damage, though...
            Their RoFs are the same...

The only thing different is reload/ready time and asthetic preference.

Comment

I actually don't use the slugs. Sure they have greater range, but they do less damage in CQB.

Just go for head shots.

Comment

Slugs do 100 damage in CQB. Sure, shot does more if all of it hits. But seriously, how often does all of it hit outside of knife range?

I like the versatility of slugs and don't feel that their performance in CQB is that bad when compared to shot.

Comment

i use the neostad with slugs. i think it has the fastest reload time (two bullets at a time) and with magnum ammo it can kill with one shot anyone in range. i snipe with it quite a bit. i am usually assault with it but i am engi also if it is a vehicle heavy map. i didnt notice that it is my "favorite" weapon, but that is because the stats for the M1 didnt work.

Comment

The NS2000 has the fastest reload time but the longest ready time. So in order to take advantage of the speedy reload you have to cancel the pump by switching to your sidearm and back.

Comment

Neosted Rail Gun ftw

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                        The NS2000 has the fastest reload time but the longest ready time. So in order to take advantage of the speedy reload you have to cancel the pump by switching to your sidearm and back.
                        So basically you have to exploit the game engine.

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman

Got it.
                          Not like you could cancel reload on loooooooooooaaaaaaddddddsssssss of other games.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                            Not like you could cancel reload on loooooooooooaaaaaaddddddsssssss of other games.
                            Yeah, nearly any FPS that has reload animations...

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman

Got it.
                              lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X