Onslaught Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onslaught Action

Yeaaaa, no if I wanted to shoot a lot of bots (and from the video this doesn't even appear to be that many, it appears to be about the same amount as any random MP match) then I would play something else. I wouldn't pay money for being able to shoot a mediocre amount of bots on the same maps...

Now if they made new maps, made the game mode "survival" or "defend the hill" or something along those lines and threw endless amounts of bots at you (WaW style) then I would have paid money for it in a heartbeat. This just looks like bullcrap that would be fun for around 5 minutes.

Me and my buddies have spent countless hours playing Nazi Zombies and seeing who could get to the highest level, that was fun. This just looks like a ho-hum bot substitution for the MP game.

Comment

Looks like a single-player rip off.

Idiot bots standing and shooting at you every 5 seconds.

Comment

I wouldn't play it if it were free. Waste of HD space.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
          Yeaaaa, no if I wanted to shoot a lot of bots (and from the video this doesn't even appear to be that many, it appears to be about the same amount as any random MP match) then I would play something else. I wouldn't pay money for being able to shoot a mediocre amount of bots on the same maps...

Now if they made new maps, made the game mode "survival" or "defend the hill" or something along those lines and threw endless amounts of bots at you (WaW style) then I would have paid money for it in a heartbeat. This just looks like bullcrap that would be fun for around 5 minutes.

Me and my buddies have spent countless hours playing Nazi Zombies and seeing who could get to the highest level, that was fun. This just looks like a ho-hum bot substitution for the MP game.
          Now see, this is a good retort to the onslaught. I can see this being an issue and makes sense that it wouldnt be worth the money or free.

Bots are going to be idiots. I havent seen any bots be smart in any game.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I am not getting this, but i have heard the bots on hardcore mode are next to impossible to beat. Ill try and find a few videos of it. This should be free IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
              I am not getting this, but i have heard the bots on hardcore mode are next to impossible to beat. Ill try and find a few videos of it. This should be free IMO.
              as SPEC OPS was free in MW2.

Comment

Yep, money.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Bots are going to be idiots. I haven't seen any bots be smart in any game.
                  Crunch
                  I think far cry and crysis have amazing AI, and border the closest to human AI. Left 4 dead can have amazing AI, it often gets stupid, though over all very useful. Company of heroes was pretty brilliant at surviving. Most AI isn't that thrilling but we've had a new engine slow down and multi player is just easier to get that kind of good opponent experience.

I personally love anything Co-op, ever since diablo, even if the AI isn't amazing sometimes it's enough to just be able to play something with a friend to make a okay single player game, a amazing experience. Like Transformers war for cybertron, a mediocre game, with a well executed game play mechanic, becomes a good time had by all by just adding a couple people into the experience. And as much as you can love Nazi zombie, especially on PC with mods, the thing it lacked compared to left 4 dead or this onslaught mode, is enemy variety and meaningful progression. I wish the wolfs would have been added to the zombies, instead of being a separate round of just them. Here is to hoping COD: black ops has expanded Zombie mode, or even better they just make a whole other Zombie game and make it really compare to left 4 dead.

Comment

Resident Evil 5's Co-Op AI - in my opinion - is highly competent.

I would be scared if the AI was telling me what to do.

Comment

RE5's coop AI is horrible! i just finished the game the other day and i was constantly getting frustrated at my partner.

Comment

so it seems like it's coming to PC.

The latest Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Onslaught breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at PC Gamer

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                          coop that you have to pay for.
                          And run on a 4 slot server.. perhaps they have changed it so it will be like previous co-ops in that the host will host it.

Originally posted by zh1nt0

The article published by PC-Gamer is not accurate. We are currently researching if Onslaught will be available for PC. No release date.

Comment

lol, i see. they took down that article already... idiots. :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                            X