No announcement yet.

Bad company 2 + Modern warfare 2 = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad company 2 + Modern warfare 2 = ?

Originally posted by Rambo
    BC2 just got re skinned lol
    This.

Comment

Feeling positive about this one with just a couple of scepticisms.

1: Will it be on PC?
      2: DICE's after sales support better be a lot better than it currently is. If they show no sign of improvement. I won't be buying.

Also as for those saying it's a re-skin. I think it is most likely on Frostbite also. hence a lot of similarities. But is that a bad thing? If it ain't broke, why fix it? Lets be honest we all love Frostbite and what it's capable of not to mention the sounds. So they are giving us what we want in that aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
        @ 1:05 on that video, bottom right corner theres a 2x score message, looks like there is kill streaks of sorts.
        From what I've been reading, certain actions (apart from killing) help count towards the rewards, such as completing an objective.

Originally posted by Mavrik347
        Also as for those saying it's a re-skin. I think it is most likely on Frostbite also. hence a lot of similarities. But is that a bad thing? If it ain't broke, why fix it? Lets be honest we all love Frostbite and what it's capable of not to mention the sounds. So they are giving us what we want in that aspect.
        I'm not saying that I don't love it and that I wouldn't enjoy it, but I am kind of annoyed that we will have to pay $60 for a game that looks like a lot of copy and paste.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane04343
          I'm not saying that I don't love it and that I wouldn't enjoy it, but I am kind of annoyed that we will have to pay $60 for a game that looks like a lot of copy and paste.
          2142 was a kinda copy paste reskin but that was a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            Heck, so was BF2 and BF:Vietnam along with every mod and expansion pack made.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Heck, so was BF2 and BF:Vietnam along with every mod and expansion pack made.

Crunch
              Now 2142 WAS a mod. But be fair, in my mind at least BFV and BF1942 were the originals no copy and pasting there. They were both on the same engine which wasn't a bad thing! But it caused all the "it's a mod" rage despite it clearly not being so.

Not sure what you mean Crunch with BF2? That was the first BF in modern warfare and had the engine upgraded quite a bit for it. Even though I still say the ground textures were WAY better in BFV.

Bare in mind guys, an M2 Bradley IFV is still what it is. Why should they have to do the model again when they have just done it? The Bradley hasn't suddenly changed in real life. Now if BC2 was made over year ago then it could definitely do with the scrapping and making a new one for quality purposes. That said, not remaking the textures is just down right lazy and pretty cheeky to be honest.

I'll be one of the first people to rant if this shows to be a mod don't worry.

Comment

It did not had the same hud, models and sounds. i dont mind beeing the same engine, but looking the same is kinda wierd

Comment

True, but the difference BF2142 had brand new models, textures, and gameplay style (sort of). MoH seems like a carbon-copy with a different HuD and some MW2 elements.

I'm not saying it won't be a good game - I am sure it will. But I want something different. Otherwise, with BC2, MoH, and MW2, I would spend $170 dollars and just get the same thing presented differently.

Comment

Haha It's just like the fast food places...throw some tomatoes on it, call it deluxe, and charge $1 more for it!

Comment

I kinda liked the ole engine ,didnt see BFV as a mod.that arguement came with 2142 imo

Comment

That looks exactly like BC2 with a few MW2 touches to it.

I can't believe it, talk about copy-pasting.

Comment

I dont really understand why people are so annoyed and yet so surprised at this? Ever since MW2 and BC2 were released i have heard countless arguments saying that if these two games were put together it could only lead to epic proportions.

We were told from the beginning it was going to be done on the Frostbite engine, by DICE so i wasnt at all surprised when it looked like a reskin of BC2, because theoretically, thats what it is. You could argue all the games made with the Unreal engine are just re-skins of themselves, however that hasnt made them all bad games.

Comment

I don't think anybody is saying it will be a bad game because it is very copy paste (see what I said about 2142, that was quite copy paste like but was just as good as bf2).

I actually think this will work well, in my opinion the thing that makes me not want to play bc2 is how poor the infantry combat is, hopefully seeing as MoH will be focused almost souly on infantry they may have a chance to improve it.

However the lack of prone in a game like this (very fast paced infantry combat) is really gonna be a downer.

Comment

People, The problem in here is not the fact they are using the same engine. using the same engine has nothing to do about it.
                              for example bf2 and bf2142, it was the same engine but total diferent games with different gameplays.
                              Mirrors edge, americas army, borderlands, apb, all use UT3 engine and they all look different and feel different.
                              What were talking about in here, is using the same engine but copy pasting , so there will be SAME ANIMATIONS, SAME HUD (they dindt bothered changing hud) SAME SOUNDS AND EVEN MODELS.
                              Using the same engine its not a problem or a symbol that the game will be the same and will feel the same. the problem is using the same things add some others and call it a different name.
                              I'm not telling it will be the same cause i havent played it, i am just asking you people if it wont be wierd for you to be having the same vehicles (same models) with same hud, same reloading and shooting animations (shotgun and sniper on the movie) , same shaking screen with explosions and impacts, same sounds.
                              Again, having same engine is not a copy paste, having same engine with same models/hud/sounds/anims blah blah , thenyou can call it a copy paste, but i never said it wouldnt be a good game or it would suck or it would be like playing bc2 without destruction, i'm just asking what you thought it could feel. and that using vehicles (specially the same... with same models and hud's) and weapons/maps/customisation and damage and fast placed style like mw2 really seem to be those 2 games son

Comment

The gameplay footage looks horrendous. Look at the level design. It has MW2 written all over it, and with weapons as they are, theres going to be a conflict between fast paced movement and shooting and maps promoting camping. This is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X