Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Updated Changelog For Patch

Originally posted by iQue
    If you're halfway across the map you shouldn't be able to even scratch the heli anyway, unless you're in an AA vehicle or something.
    obviously i spoke with some exaggeration

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
      RIP dart.
      trollface.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        The dart is hardly dead. It is so fast right now you can hit a moving target with the existing hit boxes

With the adjusted hit boxes and the speed it will still have, it will still be very functional.

Crunch

I spose, however It depends how much this speed difference is now. If it is too great then there is no chance of hitting any vehicles.

Comment

I spose, however It depends how much this speed difference is now. If it is too great then there is no chance of hitting any vehicles.
          And the tracer is very visible when fired, it is going to look really stupid if you miss the chopper but still hit the giant aquarium that they call a hit-box.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            And the tracer is very visible when fired, it is going to look really stupid if you miss the chopper but still hit the giant aquarium that they call a hit-box.
            Surely though it would still need to come into contact withe the actual chopper,as stupid as it sounds I don't think they would let one hovering in the air on an edge of a chopper tail.

Comment

No it doesn't. We have always sneered at the autoaim on consoles, do we really want a hitbox six times the size of the target?
              Actually there are youtube videos proving hitboxes are too small, for example you can't even hit people's arms.
              You realise the dart was as slow as 75 mps before R7 patch and people liked it that way? Now it's 300 mps, way too fast. I can trace a jumping buggy from about a mile way. The question isn't whether 200 mps will be enough, but whether it won't be too much. 125 - 150 should suffice IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                Actually there are youtube videos proving hitboxes are too small, for example you can't even hit people's arms.
                To small or lagging behind. But the solution to that is to make it fit, not making it larger and larger the faster you move
                Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                You realise the dart was as slow as 75 mps before R7 patch and people liked it that way? Now it's 300 mps, way too fast. I can trace a jumping buggy from about a mile way. The question isn't whether 200 mps will be enough, but whether it won't be too much. 125 - 150 should suffice IMO.
                The only people who liked the old tracer was the pilots. Make them much slower than they are now, and only the very good players will be able to hit a chopper, leaving most games without AA again.
                I am not sure how much 200 mph wil change things, but I expect the worst considering DICE's current balancing skills

Comment

To small or lagging behind. But the solution to that is to make it fit, not making it larger and larger the faster you move
                  No, I mean not entire body is covered by the hitbox even if standstill.

But hitbox lag is another thing. They fixed it nicely in Battlefield 2 1.5 patch. Hitboxes in BC2 don't lag anywhere near as much as in BF2 pre-1.5 versions, but they still do a little. At close range you have to shoot BEHIND sprinting players which is noticeable especially with sniper rifles or shotguns with slugs.

Comment

The only people who liked the old tracer was the pilots. Make them much slower than they are now, and only the very good players will be able to hit a chopper, leaving most games without AA again.
                    I am not sure how much 200 mph wil change things, but I expect the worst considering DICE's current balancing skills
                    Then pull out your AT-4 like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
                      Then pull out your AT-4 like a man.
                      Like a man? So the analogy you are going for is peeing all over the toilet, while completely missing the bowl? Yes, that sound like the AT-4

Comment

Like a man? So the analogy you are going for is peeing all over the toilet, while completely missing the bowl? Yes, that sound like the AT-4
                        In the dark, it makes it harder.

Comment

Well the hitbox adjustments are just going to affect how far or how close I'm going to lead my dart.

If the speed is slower, then I would drag a little further ahead of the chopper.

I never learned how to use the AT4, the square reticle does not seem to guide it. I need to look at the actual projectile and lead according to it. Even if it means that I m basically looking at my feet when I want to drag it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                            Well the hitbox adjustments are just going to affect how far or how close I'm going to lead my dart.

If the speed is slower, then I would drag a little further ahead of the chopper.

I never learned how to use the AT4, the square reticle does not seem to guide it. I need to look at the actual projectile and lead according to it. Even if it means that I m basically looking at my feet when I want to drag it down.
                            >Doing it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              You need to forget about the crosshair and the pink square. Just guide the missile to the target. I know it's hard, and I haven't had any success yet. However, I do find AT4 is intrinsically funny to use when against infantry. It works just like engineer rockets in 2142.

Comment

Why try to learn how to use a weapon when you can just easily dart, fire and forget........

Edit :Amaranthuse i just now read your sig, and i find it funny you say that you dont play for numbers, yet you have not one, but two stat sigs included.

Comment

Working...
                                X