Updated Changelog For Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Changelog For Patch

Tracer speed is a good idea... the hit box comment looks promising?

Re: Updated Changelog For Patch

Originally posted by Kylee!
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=162768

Tracer speed is a good idea... the hit box comment looks promising?
    No it doesn't. We have always sneered at the autoaim on consoles, do we really want a hitbox six times the size of the target?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      No it doesn't. We have always sneered at the autoaim on consoles, do we really want a hitbox six time the size of the target?
      Lol that would mean less idiots who can't aim claiming the other guy had hacks on.

Good idea removing the kd, so people would actually start DEARMING THE ASSETS INSTEAD OF scattering for cover.

Comment

Bigger hitboxes when you are moving? So the faster you're going the bigger the target the enemy has to aim at? Is this a joke? That's even more asinine than the pseudo-hitscan tracer dart they gave us last patch. What they should just do to make it easier on everyone is allow us to buy units and deploy them instead of actually having to be present and then just let the game play itself. No aiming or skill required whatsoever! Between this stupid change and the CG it's basically just the next link in the chain.

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
        Lol that would mean less idiots who can't aim claiming the other guy had hacks on.

Good idea removing the kd, so people would actually start DEARMING THE ASSETS INSTEAD OF scattering for cover.
        They said they removed it from the leaderboards, not the scoreboard, so you won't be able to search for KDR or skill level in the player search, but they'll still show up when you press TAB (well KDR will...skill was never on there). So I doubt you'll see a decrease in people stopping mid-game to drop trou and fap to their KDR after they snipe another defender.

Comment

Oops I misread the hitbox comment, kinda just scanned it this morning.

Yea, I agree with you guys.

Comment

According to Baza the hitbox change on moving people is something that was used in both BF2 and 2142.

Comment

as if it wasn't too easy to blow up humvees with tanks

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                According to Baza the hitbox change on moving people is something that was used in both BF2 and 2142.
                You mean in the games where getting reg on moving targets was like trying to hump a Cheerio? I've never had problems hitting moving targets in BC2, even people speeding by on quads, which is surprising considering most jeeps I tried to hit in BF2/BF2142 would simply do no damage. So they're basically taking a system that works and replacing it with a system that doesn't? Le sigh...

Comment

why did they lower the speed of the darts? i need that 300 m/s to get those heli's, 200 just wont cut it when your standing half way across the map trying to shoot one down...sigh..

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
                    why did they lower the speed of the darts? i need that 300 m/s to get those heli's, 200 just wont cut it when your standing half way across the map trying to shoot one down...sigh..
                    If you're halfway across the map you shouldn't be able to even scratch the heli anyway, unless you're in an AA vehicle or something.

Comment

Hit boxes are already massive!

Comment

Hit boxes are already big. Destroying jeeps with a rocket or a tank is extremely easy, you don't even have to hit them. I don't have any problems hitting moving targets (except with snipers, when you seem to hit someone, you see the blood splatter, but you don't get the hit).

I'm curious about MoH's hitboxes. Apparently they redid them.

Comment

Please please fix the knife.

I hate stabbing someone 3 times and get nothing, then they turn around and stab me once and I die.

Hitbox is dependent on ping and the player's system, as well as their reflex.

I can hit fine with 100 ping.

Comment

RIP dart.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                              RIP dart.
                              The dart is hardly dead. It is so fast right now you can hit a moving target with the existing hit boxes

With the adjusted hit boxes and the speed it will still have, it will still be very functional.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X