Sense of entitlement must stop now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sense of entitlement must stop now!

Sage Chris Sage, we are all sensible individuals that know DICE well enough.

I would, not sure about you, be happy to put off a quick fix patch for something tested and ready.

Rashness does nothing but make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
      I think the best was BF:V, we had a lot of maps, new vehicles (Quad .50, T60 and some others) and even a WW2 mod with a mix of BF1942 + new weapons like the flamethrower and Garand, all for free from Dice. It was the good ol' time.
      yup what they did with BF:V was awesome.

i'm still waiting for an actual real free map from dice for bc2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
        We are entitled to (by law) what we paid for. Which isn't a beta.
        that's simply your opinion. The game works and plays so you get what you pay for.

Comment

It seems the message is: Caveat Emptor

So just remember this next time they hawk their wares.

Comment

We wouldnt be angry if Dice hadn't promised us new maps, and for the most part, at least for now, be currently failing on that promise. We never asked for free maps in the past BFs. This isnt us feeling entitled, this is us complaining for crappy deliverance. As much as it may seem, its not like we're demanding from Dice, but nobody feels like being humble about things and just saying "oh well" when they dont truly deliver.

Comment

Well not all of us are crying for maps, I m crying to get the knife fixed!

I find it BS that DICE screws up one thing, they let it run for definite amount of time!

Cough BF2142 EU transport gun.

Comment

The last patch made my game just unplayable. not just the bugs, but i lost a lot of fps even on low i cant play and when i'm spaming it takes forever and lags

Comment

Games companies like EA and Activision don't really need to worry about finance issues when the games they put out bring in hundreds of millions of dollars. Especially now that a lot of their sales are made with Steam or similar services, where they don't have to pay for production of a case/disc or for shipping and handling.

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                  Now here's where the big entitlement issue comes in. When you guys get the game you feel entitled to get free content. Why would a company waste hours of time to create NEW content for FREE when they know group 2 will buy the extra content?
                  Ever hear of marketing?

Well, say a game is planned to come out with 35 multiplayer maps. They could just decide to release it with 20 to start, hold the 15 maps for later and sell them in map packs with 5 maps every other month after release for 5 bucks each. Say you bought the game for 50 bucks, if you were to buy all of the map packs, you just spent 65 bucks for the game how it was planned to come out.

It's not like this hasn't been done, not that I can prove any company has done this as no company would ever admit to doing this.

Comment

I doubt Dice said anything about releasing a free map pack of new maps 3 months after launch for free.

Comment

Originally posted by idontcare
                      I doubt Dice said anything about releasing a free map pack of new maps 3 months after launch for free.
                      They promised new content, that was the whole idea behind the "VIP" thing.
                      But so far we have just seen them enable gamemodes on existing maps, and that with trailers that looks suspiciously like they were recorded before release.

If they didn't keep talking about those free VIP map packs, then I wouldn't have expected any extra content for a while, and certainly not free content.
                      COD may have provided free content, but they also overcharged for the game in the first place.

But as it is now, I feel like telling DICE/EA to put up or shut up.

Comment

The game hasn't been out that long really, if you get bored just stop playing and come back when truly new stuff gets added to the game. BC2 has big maps and I can imagine it taking some time with destruction in the picture as well. If you want a map that's not a copy of an existing map but with the buildings rearranged I suggest you have some patience. None of the BF games have gotten new free maps this close after release (except maybe 1942? didn't play that when it was new, but those are still all static maps with not nearly as much detail as BC2 maps)

I'm very happy with the game, granted I don't play it as maniacally as many of you do, but I don't think much is wrong with it except knifes missing all the time. Hit reg can be a bit up and down, but if your ping is low it's pretty decent actually.

Comment

All this bickering about BC2 will be better used asking for BF3 or a full PC game,I consider this game Codish anyways.

It is also convieniant for EA that everyone has forgot about 1943 also.

Entitlement?well i was there in 2002 when BF was born & PCs power got written.Yeah i expect alot but i know how good the old BF games were too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                            All this bickering about BC2 will be better used asking for BF3 or a full PC game,I consider this game Codish anyways.

It is also convientiant for EA that everyone has forgot about 1943 also.

Entitlement?well i was there in 2002 when BF was born & PCs power got written.Yeah i expect alot but i know how good the old BF games were too.
                            I think this guy has it right:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Companies these days have no sense of loyalty except to the almighty dollar. Look at what happened to IW and it's developers. Companies like Activision, infinity ward and EA have all screwed us at one time or another by not keeping their promises..... It's one thing when a company DOESN'T do something, I can live with that but it's an entirely different matter when a company SAYS they will do something and then DOES NOT do it. This is where the sense of entitlement comes from and like another poster here said, it's well warranted.

It's not about "give me a whole bunch of stuff for free". It's about "give me what was written on the box that the game came in". Furthermore, GIVE ME WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD GIVE ME IN EXCHANGE FOR THE MONEY I *GAVE* YOU!!!!!

That said, they are still in business and why?, because kids don't give a **** about quality. As long as the "pwn", they are willing to beg their parents to shell out the money. It disgusts me that we cater to this "SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT". It all comes down to what we allow these kids to get and do. LAZY PARENTING!!!

Comment

Yeah, they said more maps would come for free, so we bought the game with only a few maps. They lied.

Now we've paid for a full game and only got part of it, with the rest maybe being trickled out a little at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X