Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: m14 to get a scope in new map pack.

Originally posted by Infernalis
    Wouldn't suprise me at all, and even if it wasn't the case those "new' maps shouldn't take more than 20min max per map to make.
    I think that is an insult to David's map making skills. I'm sure all of them took much longer to do. Even a week seems like that might be to quick of a turn around. Every bush placement, every elevated piece of cement, every angled face of rock may have consideration put into it during development. That is not even including the time he might spend in bed thinking about a new map and how it will move and flow.

Comment

I don't think he was talking about making a new map. He was talking about just unlocking modes in existing maps.

Comment

Yes I was talking about the BC2 maps in the mappack, hence the word new between commas. They don't add anything new, they just reshape the deserter zone, change spawn locations and move some Mcom/flags.

Comment

Its not a new map pack.
          Its a pack that will add new mod to the same old maps.
          (i know you know this but i just want to mention it because of how ****ed i am

Comment

People, I know that you are disappointed about the lack of maps. I am, too. However, this game came out only 3 months, and is even more buggier than before the patch. I'd rather that they concentrate on fixing the bugs than working on new maps at the moment.

Map editor is always great idea. If anything they should have learned, then it's how additional 2142 maps are made. Shingle is just EPIC, and Wake Island is ridiculously chaotic. Both maps are so well made that it's a shame stats don't track on those. DICE should have learned from it and make map editor their top priority.

Heck, I will pay for BC2 map editor if it is reasonably priced.

The irony is that the game that came with the best map editor is Far Cry 2. Too bad that the game is so underwhelming and very few still play it. MP of FC2 is actually not as bad as SP is.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
              I'd rather that they concentrate on fixing the bugs than working on new maps at the moment.
              Keep in mind, that the guys that generate maps are not the same guys that code the game per se. So, those to things can go in tandem.

Comment

I love seeing people say "Oh it's super easy to change a maps allowed game mode", when they've probably never done anything like that. Not that I agree with this "derp free maps" non-sense, but still.

Comment

Oh please don't tell me it's hard when you change nothing on the maps except flags/mcom especially for them who made the game. And when some modders on BF2 and Crysis tell the same, I can only believe them. Hell if the game had an editor like in BF2 I could do it.

Comment

Oh please don't tell me it's hard when you change nothing on the maps except flags/mcom especially for them who made the game. And when some modders on BF2 and Crysis tell the same, I can only believe them. Hell if the game had an editor like in BF2 I could do it.
                    Lol, I'm a modder tbh, Infernalis. Citation needed on these modders you speak of, sure, it might be easy on refractor, but even with all of my experience I cannot say definitively absolutely 100% that it is super easy for DICE to do. Seeing as how it's Frostbite and not Refractor, an engine us fans can't mod and shouldn't make random assumptions about.

Comment

Sure it's Frostbite and not Refractor, but it's not some amateurs we're talking here, it's the devs of all BF with a lot of experience, I can't even imagine it took them a lot of time for them for some minors modifications like that. As for the modders I'm talking it's either a modder from FH2 or modders of the Casus Belli mod for Crysis (they can't be 100% sure of course).

Comment

Sure it's Frostbite and not Refractor, but it's not some amateurs we're talking here, it's the devs of all BF with a lot of experience, I can't even imagine it took them a lot of time for them for some minors modifications like that. As for the modders I'm talking it's either a modder from FH2 or modders of the Casus Belli mod for Crysis (they can't be 100% sure of course).
                        Seeing as how they were never able to fix the 2142 right gun transport bug for the EU, I'm not quite sure I believe you here.

Comment

Rofl. They never really tried, all the team were already busy developing Bad Company 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
                            Seeing as how they were never able to fix the 2142 right gun transport bug for the EU, I'm not quite sure I believe you here.
                            They never even tried. 2142 is still waiting for a patch that wont ever come.

Comment

Working...
                            X