X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m14 to get a scope in new map pack.

@ 0:53 Check it out.

Re: m14 to get a scope in new map pack.

Don't hold your breath, what you see is not necessarily what you get.
    And I like how we are now up to Map Pack 3, without any new maps actually being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      And I like how we are now up to Map Pack 3, without any new maps actually being released.
      Hmm...and they are not just hidden in plain sight.

Comment

Yawn, they are just adding modes to maps, big deal!

I remember BF2142 updates, they had maps!

Comment

finally, i like using this gun but the iron sights are just plain awful and close to one of the worst in FPS games. Thank you DICE for putting on scopes for this thing

Comment

wow that reminds me of the single shot baur

Comment

It seems that this is re-model and re-skin of M14 to make it more usable, after probably tonnes of complaints posted everywhere. That will probably make M14 the next crywolf target for horrifying OP.

Not really impressed with SDM and SquadRush. Who's playing squad rush on PC version except clan wars? SDM has reduced to become Carl Noobing fest. DICE should really just release map editor to empower community to do their jobs for them.

Just like 2142.

Comment

I hope you don't have to pay a DLC for using the M14 with the scope...

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                  I hope you don't have to pay a DLC for using the M14 with the scope...
                  Hey don't give them any ideas! OH CRAP... Hopefully they didn't read this =z

Comment

While it would be really cool to have actual new maps, I find that the new modes really change up the flavor of the existing maps pretty well. And yes, the M14 scoped looks pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                      I find that the new modes really change up the flavor of the existing maps pretty well.
                      It is such a trip going into a map on conquest or rush after you've played the hell out of it in Squad DM. You start knowing knowing the map in a whole new way and get somewhat disoriented with the flow of a different mode.

Comment

The cool thing is when they actually choose a part of the terrain where you didn't fought before like Laguna Presa in rush mode

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                          SDM has reduced to become Carl Noobing fest. DICE should really just release map editor to empower community to do their jobs for them.
                          Ain't that the truth. Four guys in an attic playing with the Carls, helping each other out. It ends up being a round where the first half is spent with GLs trying to knock out all the walls and roofs of 3 story buildings so they have to operate in the open.

And as for making maps...I wish they had allowed community made maps back in BF2. It might have kept the game alive for years longer (well, I say that and there were still bugs that drove people away). But look how long Counter Strike lasted...a lot had to do with fresh maps coming into the fold.

On the flip side, I do think that DiCE has learned to make some well thought out maps at times. You start to realize that they really do place bush or a set of rocks in a certain fashion to aid snipers or unique vector attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                            And as for making maps...I wish they had allowed community made maps back in BF2. It might have kept the game alive for years longer (well, I say that and there were still bugs that drove people away). But look how long Counter Strike lasted...a lot had to do with fresh maps coming into the fold.
                            Do you mean community maps distributed by DICE? Because there was and is a ton of mods for BF2, but you had to go get them yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                              Do you mean community maps distributed by DICE? Because there was and is a ton of mods for BF2, but you had to go get them yourself
                              Yes, I wish that DiCE would have certified people's maps as not having any major bugs and would be rerendered with their inhouse software to clean them up and them put them into the Ranked Maps pool. And release map packs every quarter with a few new maps. Hey, people were paying to host Ranked servers, so maybe the money that DiCE would have made keeping the ranked server program going for a few years would have made up for the business cost.

But BF2 could still be running today, maybe, maybe if they had put more maps in. Or even allowed people's models and textures for maps. Just think if they had added a couple new aircraft?

Comment

Working...
                              X