Black Hawk Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hawk Down

The Black Hawk has finally become what it was meant to be in the first place... A hellish suicide transport, with the tracer snipe like dart that Black Hawk has become almost completely useless. Placing a dart on it and following it with a RPG is almost way too easy mode.
    It doesn't help that it's a big bulky slow moving clunk with useless mini guns, it has become so easy to hit with the tracer dart that whenever I see the target lock on I bail instantly.
    I enjoy piloting the Hawk but now it seems as though I need to fly very far away and in an uncontrollable formation which makes it impossible for my gunner to even take aim.
    I haven't stepped foot inside one of them since then and it's a pity too because the Black Hawk is so much fun to fly with.

Re: Black Hawk Down

I don't mean to be mean but... So?
    They are balanced, they are just transport overall not meant to be used as an attack chopper.
    Plus with any FPS it is always a bad idea to group up with your team mates.

Comment

Sounds like BF2 Black hawks pre 1.5. Sup TV missiles.

Comment

Exactly... So?! Remember, 2 got shot down in the movie "Black Hawk Down" without Tracer Darts

Transport vehicle ... In & Out.

Comment

So why even have miniguns?

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
            So why even have miniguns?
            So the military can have fun shooting them to nowere, so the state/goverment can remove money from our pockets just to buy useless things, so the helicopters can look more BADASS

Comment

Fly higher with constant change in altitude will make black hawk harder to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                Fly higher with constant change in altitude will make black hawk harder to hit.
                But there is a latitude cap and you can only fly so high. Constant change will only make your gunner less accurate on an already bogus mini gun that cannot hit crap.

Originally posted by Rykuu
                I don't mean to be mean but... So?
                They are balanced, they are just transport overall not meant to be used as an attack chopper.
                Plus with any FPS it is always a bad idea to group up with your team mates.
                Balanced? A no bullet drop sniper like tracer dart? Auto aim is balanced? At least the tanks can hide under buildings but when you're in the air its nothing but clear shot.
                I don't mean to be mean but are you sure you're playing Battlefield? It's almost require to have back up everywhere you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                  Balanced? A no bullet drop sniper like tracer dart? Auto aim is balanced? At least the tanks can hide under buildings but when you're in the air its nothing but clear shot.
                  TRACER DART GUN
                  Darts Planted:77
                  Darts Fired:280

Its not that easy after all, now is it?

In most games I have played, the Blackhawk is able to make it to the dropzone. But if it starts to circle and play AC-130, then it gets tagged and tazered. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Black Hawk in this game is a mobile spawn point.

The 50 cal on the black hawk only provide suppressive fire while the guys parachute down. They are not meant to kill.

We are not talking about AC-130 gunship in COD6.

A spawn above the enemy head. The enemy can't look up either or get damaged by 50 cal.

I think it is good enough.

Comment

I would agree and add that any chopper is a death trap with a determined enemy, i am that enemy if im not flying and I've been playing allot of Atacama Desert conquest lately. With little to no practice a tracer dart can become a surgical weapon in itself, you can dart a chopper and lock on fire a CG straight up from cover before the crew ever knows what hit them and there's nothing like planting a tracer dart on a pesky sniper and letting one fly.

I think the use of flares will greatly increase the choppers role but I didn't clearly understand how they are implementing it, will everyone be-able to drop flares regardless of their vehicle perk or will it be perk specific, it the later anyone not taking the flare perk will be screwed.

I definitely think the mini guns need to be buffed up on the black hawk with it and it's crew being as vulnerable as they are, i just think dice was so scared of it being a powning machine like it was pre patch BF2 they gimped it with prejudice.

Comment

But there is a latitude cap and you can only fly so high. Constant change will only make your gunner less accurate on an already bogus mini gun that cannot hit crap.
                        Key is to fly different altitudes and directions, pausing for a few seconds to provide a stable platform for your gunners, then rinse and repeat.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                        I think the use of flares will greatly increase the choppers role but I didn't clearly understand how they are implementing it, will everyone be-able to drop flares regardless of their vehicle perk or will it be perk specific, it the later anyone not taking the flare perk will be screwed.
                        I believe they said you will need the VSmoke perk and it will not be passive.

Comment

I mean I really have no complaints about it seeing how I can easily rack up 3 or 4 kills of off them, but I'm not one of those folks who won't say anything to defend it just because it's giving me easy kills. I enjoy riding the Hawk pre-patch and in BF2 but I guess like everything else in this game it got watered down to easy mode so anyone can play.
                          Not just the hawk too, but all of the aircrafts in this game can easily be taken down with guided missile now.

-I don't feel sorry for me... more like the unsuspecting crew that hops on my Hawk only to realized I've bailed out as it "is" a transport vehicle.

Comment

-I don't feel sorry for me... more like the unsuspecting crew that hops on my Hawk only to realized I've bailed out as it "is" a transport vehicle.
                            You hop into a black hawk thinking that the pilot is going to chill in there until it is destroyed or reaches the drop zone?

I am not trying to be mean..really.

That's all it is used for and it does its job, nothing else to say really. (The min-guns aren't even that effective)

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                              You hop into a black hawk thinking that the pilot is going to chill in there until it is destroyed or reaches the drop zone?

I am not trying to be mean..really.

That's all it is used for and it does its job, nothing else to say really. (The min-guns aren't even that effective)
                              Yeah, I get that... It's just sad to see it being used like a kamikaze aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X