X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AvalancheDiode
    replied
    Re: Claymores

OMG I had 128 kills with sentry in 2142.

The other auto-gunning drone is next-to-useless Accipiter. I already forgot about it since it is so utterly useless.

TF2 also has drones, and they are upgradeable.

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

Originally posted by Redink
    Explain to me how an AI can tell if you're sneaking or hiding behind, it doesn't it's program to shoot regardless if you're sneaking in or not because it cannot tell the difference.
    Before we go any further, I will have to ask: Do you know the sentries from BF2142, and do you find them unbalanced?
    Because it seems to me that you are arguing against your assumption of how the weapon works, instead of the actual weapon.
    As Youster said, nobody had a problem with it except for its x-ray vision.

The BF2142 sentry is an area denial weapon just like a mine, except that it is less lethal and requires more clever placement.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

Explain to me how an AI can tell if you're sneaking or hiding behind, it doesn't it's program to shoot regardless if you're sneaking in or not because it cannot tell the difference.
    I think what you are getting at there is programming, I am not genius however it would probably have a "field of view/detection", similar to a mine.

Splinter Cell uses this I would think.

Leave a comment:

• Redink
    Guest replied

Originally posted by RYKUU
    I put just as much effort into placing down mines...

This.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

AT mines don't shoot enemies when they are near, now if they saw an enemy... flew up and stuck on to the enemy that would be a different story.

Those are not heat seeking AI tracer dart, you have to at least aim.

What I am talking about is a sentry gun that automatically shoots enemies when in sight with out you having to do anything afterwards.
    I put just as much effort into placing down mines...

Originally posted by Yoster
    If you played 2142, you know sentries were very well balanced to the point that there was never a single complaint. Both users and victims see it as a uncontroversial weapon.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• Yoster
    replied

Please don't bring any AI things that help you shoot. Plain and simple no AI help, Lord knows how accurate some will be programmed.
    If you played 2142, you know sentries were very well balanced to the point that there was never a single complaint. Both users and victims see it as a uncontroversial weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

i bet claymores come via DLC

Leave a comment:

• Redink
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Vreki
    You already have AI in the form of AT mines. Granted, not very smart AI, but still automated killing.
    AT mines don't shoot enemies when they are near, now if they saw an enemy... flew up and stuck on to the enemy that would be a different story.

Originally posted by Rykuu
    Are you familiar with the tracer dart?
    Those are not heat seeking AI tracer dart, you have to at least aim.

What I am talking about is a sentry gun that automatically shoots enemies when in sight with out you having to do anything afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Originally posted by Vreki
    The BF2142 sentry was a brilliant design.

You could use it to cover your flank, giving you time to react.
    Or you could place it near you to add it to your own firepower and distract the enemy.

But it was balanced since it was very visible and killed slowly. Another bonus point was that it was given to the support class instead of the camper class.

I know the military is researching autonomus weapons systems to replace the unpopular mines, so I hope that we can see something like it in BF3.
    I remember on some nights my hitreg would be so awful that I couldn't kill anyone with the Clark and I'd end the round with more kills from the sentry than from my regular weapon.

The one bummer about the sentry was how it could see enemies through the Titan corridors (couldn't hit them at least but it acted like a ghetto IDS). But I guess that speaks more to the flaws of Titan mode than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Bald-Eagle11
    replied

I am not very proud of mine ,

Gets coat and runs.

Leave a comment:

• RYKUU
    replied

Please don't bring any AI things that help you shoot. Plain and simple no AI help, Lord knows how accurate some will be programmed.
    Are you familiar with the tracer dart?

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

You already have AI in the form of AT mines. Granted, not very smart AI, but still automated killing.

Leave a comment:

• Redink
    Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Vreki
    replied

The BF2142 sentry was a brilliant design.

You could use it to cover your flank, giving you time to react.
    Or you could place it near you to add it to your own firepower and distract the enemy.

But it was balanced since it was very visible and killed slowly. Another bonus point was that it was given to the support class instead of the camper class.

I know the military is researching autonomus weapons systems to replace the unpopular mines, so I hope that we can see something like it in BF3.

Leave a comment:

• messfeeder
    replied

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
    The irony is that support class in 2142 do have a heat seeking robot that shoot guns at every enemy.
    hehe those were fun to put on top of boxes so they would shoot straight for the head!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X