Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the whiners about how OP choppers are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the whiners about how OP choppers are.

Instead of constantly toting a Carl Gustav for easy infantry kills. Try a little practice with an AT4.:thumbsup:

Re: To all the whiners about how OP choppers are.

Since the addition of a might-as-well-be-hitscan tracer dart, are there any people complaining about choppers?

Comment

Sadly yes.

Comment

lots of good kills. Alot of stupid pilots too! Flying in straight line = death

Comment

I have seen the video, but to be honest I dont think it is worth the effort.
          No other weapons or vehicles in the game requires that kind of skill and experience just to be useful

Comment

Lolchoppers being OP. 1 Competent person with a tracer dart = you are dead.

Also AT4 rocks!

Comment

On the flip side of that, 1 competent pilot using line of sight, and 1 competent gunner using improved optics will still destroy anything on the map. Improved optics for the gunner will allow the pilot to avoid tracer darts still due to the distance. Key is you have to have to use line of sight against the tracer dart. Add the fix to the Vsmoke to choppers and the community will come full circle and whine about it all over again.

And Vreki, that is the sole reason why most people get raped by choppers. People dont think its worth the effort to take the time out of their game to drop a chopper. I have to admit, you are dead on about no other weapon requiring skill to use like the AT4. I mean, who would have though skill comes in to play in Bc2?

The AT4 will be more popular once this vehicle fix is implemented. Pilots are getting better and better at adapting, and lazy engineers will continue to be lazy and use Gustavs. Next patch the chopper will be OP again, and engineers will be the ones who will have to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                I have seen the video, but to be honest I dont think it is worth the effort.
                No other weapons or vehicles in the game requires that kind of skill and experience just to be useful
                ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

I'll repeat what I posted on the Steampowered forums: it's a wonderful display of skill, simultaneously demonstrating how utterly underpowered a weapon system it is. The amount of energy/effort that goes into actually making it work is far too much to justify its use when other solutions exist.

Comment

Suddenly I just found the game interesting again...

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                    And Vreki, that is the sole reason why most people get raped by choppers. People dont think its worth the effort to take the time out of their game to drop a chopper. I have to admit, you are dead on about no other weapon requiring skill to use like the AT4. I mean, who would have though skill comes in to play in Bc2?
                    Not what I said and a completely different issue. I will try to bring to choppers every time I get the chance, but I will use the weapons that actually work out of the box, like HMGs and tracer guided rockets.

But this is a game, and a pretty arcadish one at that. I am not going to spend several days practicing with a defective weapon just to make it perform adequately.

Comment

Im curious. How do you see the AT4 as defective?

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                        Im curious. How do you see the AT4 as defective?
                        The guiding system makes no sense. The usual way to use a TOW missile in games is to keep the crosshairs on the target, and then the missile will hit.
                        Simple enough, and something that most people are familiar with. Then you get the random red square. Again people will assume that keeping the square on the target is the way to get a hit. Especially since DICE once again has given us zero documentation.

But as we can see from the video, in reality you have to ignore both the crosshair and the target indicatior, and instead try to use the mouse as a joystick to control the missile. HTH are we supposed to figure that out?

Also the idea of a guided weapon that moves at the same speed as its target is stupid.

Comment

I can understand what you are saying with the red square. Im not the best with the AT4, but i can usually hit my intended target before i run out of rounds. I cant figure out the purpose of the square either. It does take some practice to get the hang of it and leaves you open to get killed, but i is VERY satisfying to get kills with it. You have to think of it like the SRAW from BF2, just have to ignore the square. Maybe TG Silver could make a tutorial with the AT4? Those tutorials seem to be very helpful. I have shot the AT4 when i was in the US Army, and they are nothing like they are in game, they are more like the Gustav.

Comment

i have not tried this method yet with the at4. I was always trying to keep the square on them. I have gotten kills this way but it's hit or miss. I am going to try firing like in the video. Watch the rocket and not the square.

Comment

If it is a straight line shot, you can keep the target in the red square. If it is moving across from you or at an angle do not rely on the square and steer the rocket instead. You have it right Killerus.

Comment

Working...
                              X