Does anyone use a Mic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use a Mic?

It is more of a rhetorical question. Last night was my first time in game and I the very first thing that struck me was not the differences in game play or weapons...it was not one person using a microphone. WTH? I talked with two buddies on Steam and they had noticed the same thing.

I was really getting used to people with mic's. Seems like you can't get away from them with L4D and TF2. BF2, you just had to use a mic once as a squad leader and people would queue theirs up.

Am I wrong about this?

Re: Does anyone use a Mic?

I like silence, that way I don't have to spend 5 minutes muting various nitwits each time I play.

Comment

Ingame voip is intermittent so sometimes it works other times its completely useless.

p.s. long time no see

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
        I like silence, that way I don't have to spend 5 minutes muting various nitwits each time I play.
        LOL, I'm typically a Squad Leader so I would kick people in the older BF games if I got someone that whined too much. In TF2, it gets out of hand, but in L4D, it is perfect with 4 players communicating. In my very short time playing I noticed that there is not as much teamplay, that might have been the server I was on too. But, when you get those people that spawn on eachother, it turns into a completely different match.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Originally posted by Scinto

p.s. long time no see
        I've been over at a adult forum for the last couple years trying to correct my sexual addictions I swore I would not buy another DiCE product till they go there stuff together. Well, it cost me $1200 to play this game, so I'm hoping it is worth the hype everyone I know is giving it.

Comment

Are you talking about WOT? I use a mic but it is with Teamspeak 3. I have never heard anyone communicate with VOIP in game at all.

Comment

There was almost no players speaking in BF2/2142 (but more than BC2 I agree, I heard only one guy in 120hours). The only times VOIP was really used was in BF2 mods, especially PR.

Comment

I disabled VOIP on day 1. I use teamspeak with friends.

Comment

I find the external voice, regardless whether it was from Teamspeak or VOIP distracted my gaming.

Comment

Teamspeak with friends is usually more fun then the game itself.

Comment

i use it but mostly seem to be talking to myself. Occasionally people do respond. I am always on vent with friends so sometimes we use the ingame voice so clan members on the other side wont know what we are doing.

Comment

Yea most people use vent or ts with their buds...

Comment

I'm usually on TS with friends, but I haven't seen in-game voip work in weeks.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I think, like Modern Warfare, the teamwork isnt as in depth, so that may add to the low number of people using voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                            Yea most people use vent or ts with their buds...
                            Yeah , me and my clan mates used to use vent but we stopped hosting it so now we use mumble when we play bc2 and other games.

i dont like teamspeak, it has horrible quality and the sounds it makes make my head hurt. ventrilo has very cool quality and i prefer the way it works than ts. the only problem was lag sometimes.

Now i use mumble because of the awsomeness of the 3d surround voice (that is one of the most cool things wich i think most of the games should already include on it) , because it has better quality than teamspeak and it is similar to ventrilo and the fact that there is almost no lag at all and even if ur downloading your friend will be able to be hearing you at the exact same time your talking

Comment

i only used the mic. in bf 2142..i find no use for it in bad company 2. while there are squads, only like 1-2 of them TRULY (in true terms of a squad) work like a squad. other times people are lone wolfing even when they are in squads, they use them as mobile spawn points which is what i do personally unless its a map that is more vehicle friendly, then i work like a dog in my squad

Comment

Working...
                              X