Very difficault to begin with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficault to begin with?

Hey guys, now before I start let's please leave MW2 out of this .
    Anywho:
    When you guys first started playing this game did you find that you died a lot? and I don't mean a bit I mean A LOT
    I cannot remember Battlefield games being this difficult. I often have matches where I am 6-12 or 7-8 (or so)
    What have you guys experienced? And is this just me?

Re: Very difficault to begin with?

This game is really hard to survive in, a lot harder than any other BF game, or any other game for that matter. You can take down tons of infantry in the previous battlefields, but this game takes way too many bullets to kill, and the guns don't seem to register hits properly in close quarters.

MW2 has nothing to do with this game. Why would you even mention it?

I'd be fine with BC2 so long as it didn't have the "Battlefield" name in front to make it seem like a BF game. That's such a money making jerk move of those money hungry nabs at EA/DICE.

Comment

I know what you mean, you pretty much need your entire rifle clip to hit your target otherwise you are dead.
      The reason I mentioned MW2 is because I didn't want it relating to how easy it is to kill in that game.

Comment

Yea I die alot in the game as well. My k/d ratio is .79. I think it has alot to do with the fact that you get better equipment as you rank higher.

Comment

I hardly die from bullets now. It's mostly explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
            Yea I die alot in the game as well. My k/d ratio is .79. I think it has alot to do with the fact that you get better equipment as you rank higher.
            wow - guess I feel less bad = just got my KDR up to .8

to the original OP = I also died TONS in first few hours - had NO idea where flags were or hiding spots or whatever
            and most players had ranks more than 20 in the games I played in
            (even many at over 30)
            (ie they knew what I did not know - AND - had better weapons)
            and my computer lags soooo bad - seems to make a big difference as well
            played 2x on my son's computer - now getting near 90% head shots with sniper vs 30%
            even getting 99% of 'enemy spots' vs 25%
            etc

Comment

Well when I started no one was above rank 10 and everyone was pretty inexperienced. So starting any game late is going to make it hard for you.

Comment

This sad thing is that this game is really hard to start with. You start with horrible weapons and no weapon gadgets.

THIS

IS

NOT

BATTLEFIELD

Battlefield should only allow you to pick weapons and maybe customization. You shouldn't be able to pick extra damage, extra explosives, etc.

Imagine karkand with extra grenades, extra damage and the An-94 = G36E

Comment

My KDR went as low as 0.84 and recently worked up to 1.00. Yes, this game is hard with the amount of explosive spamming. Also, it depends on which class you play and what your play style is. You can sit back and snipe people, which gives you great KDR but not much fun. You can also run-n-gun as engineer with 9A-91 and RPG, which gives you great fun but definitely die a lot. You also have to be very careful about the surroundings to avoid ambush, campers and snipers. It takes time to learn the map. It seems that DICE actually prefer choke points. Many maps have the kind of Camp G choke points which are designed to be death traps for attackers without team work.

And, whoring heavy armor is always the easy way to get KDR up.

Comment

Play on 24 player servers or lower and hit reg is better, there's less explosives spamming and more teamwork. Really.

Comment

Yes this is a hard game to start because everyone else got their high end weapons and perks.

When you get to lv 15 and magnum ammo, things will get better.

Forget about kd, just focus on racking points.

Comment

When I first started playing, other players made swiss cheese out of me. Had no idea where anything was as I had'nt played the beta or BC1. My k/d is finally up to 0.8 (whoopee) and the game is more enjoyable but we need a few more maps and no more carl gustav and knifers. Don't mind getting killed when I know where it is coming from but am sick and tired of the player that suddenly appears from nowhere and cuts my throat or blows my pecker off. Even though I cannot fly well how about some realistic gunships and new armor? And how about toning down those impossible dark shadows on some of the maps..........

Comment

As others have mentioned the best thing you can do is play in smaller servers, and obviously ones that are local to you for a decent ping.

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                          Well when I started no one was above rank 10 and everyone was pretty inexperienced. So starting any game late is going to make it hard for you.
                          Yep this is basically your answer, although it's not been out for that long in the grand scheme of things, it's been pretty popular and I find it really addictive so I guess a lot of people have been playing a lot of the time. Also as others have said some of the unlocks are considerably better than the stock weapons.

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                          THIS

IS

NOT

BATTLEFIELD

Battlefield should only allow you to pick weapons and maybe customization. You shouldn't be able to pick extra damage, extra explosives, etc.

Imagine karkand with extra grenades, extra damage and the An-94 = G36E
                          Clue is in the title of the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2, it's not supposed to be like BF 1942/V/2/2142. It just has the same but very loose concepts and obviously borrows the title, if you went into them game expecting BF3 you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                            I hardly die from bullets now. It's mostly explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                              Play on 24 player servers or lower and hit reg is better, there's less explosives spamming and more teamwork. Really.
                              The game wasn't designed with 32 players in mind. So I think I will try the lower player servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X