No announcement yet.

Bad Company 3 to be announced at E3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Company 3 to be announced at E3?

Didn't BC2 (a console game ported to the PC) on the PC outsell the Xbox360 and the PS3 (not combined, but more sales then each platform). If anything, they should be thinking about making the game for the PC, and ofcourse porting it to the consoles. Would make a hella more sense.

Comment

Frosty, computers are way more powerfull than consoles. So you can't really port a PC game onto a console.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
        I actually think that BF3 wont be multiplatform simply because of the timing it will be released. The xbox360 is really starting to show its age and it wont be long before we see Microsoft dishing out further designs for a next generation console. The PS3 still has plenty of power behind but again i dont think it has that core factor needed to keep up with what will be the next generation consoles, which is sad because the PS3 is still quite an unexplored console. If it is timed right then BF3 might only hit the PC due to the fact that it would be unproductive for DICE to develop a game for a previous generation console thats support is only becoming less and less.
        The current gen consoles will be around for another 4 years at least before we get the next gen of consoles. Both Sony and Microsoft have said they expect their consoles to have about a 10 year lifecycle so I would expect BC3 and BF3 being multiplatform becuase of the revenue streams. They are a business first and foremost and so will try to make the most money possible regardless of what the community think.

BC2 is a great game, its not perfect but what game is? It doesn't quite offer the whole BF experience but think about all the great new things its added to the series as well like destruction, rush mode, tracer darts, etc. People seem to think of BF2 with rose tinted glasses and forget about all the problems this game had.

The more people that can enjoy this series the better I say. Regardless of platform. This ensure that the series will continue to stay strong even and produce more games. It will never live up to some peoples expectations, regardless of what they do.

Comment

**** bfbc3 we want bf3

Comment

I just want prone.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
              Frosty, computers are way more powerfull than consoles. So you can't really port a PC game onto a console.
              So you cant make a "low level" game run on a better system?

And BC2 is a port. You see BC1 for PC anywhere?

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I want prone, big maps like bf2, destruction, real urban maps like bf2, jets, more vehices, more maps, prone. and a grapler hook and pods.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

ah, and more weapons with weapon customization

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

and special skins when driving helicopters. it is not funny to see 2 wookies driving a helicopter -_-

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  So you cant make a "low level" game run on a better system?

And BC2 is a port. You see BC1 for PC anywhere?

Crunch
                  I don't quite understand that post.

Comment

I will be happy with something close to Project Reality with the maps (they were huge and allowed a lot of different strategies while having some chockepoints) and all the possibilites the commander and squad leader have (able to put firebases, barbed wire, mg and some others things).

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
                      actually Crytek said the ps3 was the main platform
                      Seriously?! well...this is sad, but PC gaming is falling apart now...unless something big happens. like Battlefield 3, Battlefield 2143

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
                        Seriously?! well...this is sad, but PC gaming is falling apart now...unless something big happens. like Battlefield 3, Battlefield 2143
                        Or somebody figured out how to make PC gamers pay for monthly subcription on any types of games. The reason that PC gaming is in disarray is because console model is so much more profitable. Until the profit model chcanges, things will only get worse by the amount of piracy in PC circle.

Comment

Working...
                        X