Sugar Rush, A, D, D...etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Rush, A, D, D...etc

Still waiting for that one game to hit the market where players are not running around as if their head is lose. From Counter strike, to Bad Company 2, everyone appears to be on a sugar rush, A,D,D, or some illness. Would think players would slow down. Gamers request realism for years, decades, but knowing in game they can respawn and run out into the open for kills like crazy. In real life situations, everyone knows you do not have a second chance, so tactical is used. In a scenario, a battle (gunfight) can rage on for 3 days an only about 3 people get killed out of 1000 soldiers, and possible injuries. In these games (one round, 20 mins) 32 players get killed many times over. Thought Ofp2Dr was going to be the one from the past Ofp, where one round of gaming went on for a few hours (2-3 times responds, 64 player server). But Ofp2Dr game (or what ever it was) is now dead. BFBC2 has slightly slowed down players, but thinking with 4 player squads, players would communicate, and help cover each other. Nope....everyones still gone lonewolf in squads. Furthermore if helping squadmates, it is not easy. I have tried (okay move!!, I'll cover you!!). Maps are small (they appear huge "Rush" game type), to give support, supress...etc. Waiting for that realism game, taking it slow, and move in. But, everyone is all scattered about (Sniper galore is a problem as well).

Re: Sugar Rush, A, D, D...etc

I am so tired of people expecting teamwork in a public server - GO JOIN A CLAN, AND PLAY IN A LEAGUE.

You people forget the fact that REAL soldiers train with each other for months if not years on end, yet you expect these video games to be like some adrenaline filled alternate reality. Its not, its a video game. Its such a naive hopeless outlook on FPS gaming...

Comment

your idea of a VIDEO GAME sounds BORING, OP. I don't want to sit at my computer for 3 days straight and not get any kills.

go join the army

Comment

Gameplay > Realism

Comment

America Army = one death - you wait till next round
          also - operation flashpoint - very slow to move through HUGE data base
          I too lament run and gun - but cannot think of a way to 'fix it'
          my typical game is 3-8 kills
          and 5-9 deaths
          (ie slower than most)

Comment

In a scenario, a battle (gunfight) can rage on for 3 days an only about 3 people get killed out of 1000 soldiers, and possible injuries. In these games (one round, 20 mins) 32 players get killed many times over. Thought Ofp2Dr was going to be the one from the past Ofp, where one round of gaming went on for a few hours (2-3 times responds, 64 player server).
            You sir are playing the wrong game hence the word BATTLEFIELD. In a scenario, a battle (D-DAY) 1000's of people can lose there lives faster than you can keep track of. This is closer to what battlefield games are supposed to mimic. You can't put a 1000 people in a server so instead you give them respawns to create the illusion of massive battles with backup coming in and big pushes.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
              You sir are playing the wrong game hence the word BATTLEFIELD. In a scenario, a battle (D-DAY) 1000's of people can lose there lives faster than you can keep track of. This is closer to what battlefield games are supposed to mimic. You can't put a 1000 people in a server so instead you give them respawns to create the illusion of massive battles with backup coming in and big pushes.
              Taking everything out of content. I (We) know you can not put 1000 players on a server (not yet), and furthermore taking one of the violent conflicts in history, than many others. Their has been battles of gunfights (War) that lasted for days, and only a few died. Isreali conflicts is one example. But I do not expect to have one round last for a week or more than a day and only get one kill in a mission. But we all cry for realism, and at least we could at least get one round to last about 2-3 hours and then call it a day for gaming unless otherwise. Not going to happen in BFBC2. I been through that (one 2-3 hour round) in Ofp/Resistance (64 player servers), until the next weekend. I am not seeing that anymore when it comes to FPS. All these FPS (BF series) is hopping, jumping, running around trying to get to a destination really quickly, as if everyone is on a sugar rush, or illness. Their is no room to think, anaylze tactics. Just run and shoot your way through, hopefully surviving. What fun is in that? In BFBC2, is a great improvement in graphics/sound, which is realistic for the time being, but the playing battlefield is all chaotic. How much more do we have to go through this. Waiting for that counter strike type of gameplay to fade, but doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by [13]VisciousDog
                Gamers request realism for years, decades,
                Would say that's a small niche still, most people value gameplay over the kind of realism you want anyday. Play BFBC2 with fewer players on the server and it might be something closer to what you're looking for. The game is so much better with 16-24 players. (less players does not mean worse game)

Besides that it's not that fast really... Just keep on your toes and pay attention to what's around you.

Originally posted by [13]VisciousDog
                All these FPS (BF series) is hopping, jumping, running around trying to get to a destination really quickly, as if everyone is on a sugar rush, or illness. Their is no room to think, anaylze tactics. Just run and shoot your way through, hopefully surviving. What fun is in that? In BFBC2, is a great improvement in graphics/sound, which is realistic for the time being, but the playing battlefield is all chaotic. How much more do we have to go through this. Waiting for that counter strike type of gameplay to fade, but doesn't.
                A faster game doesn't in any way require less tactics and thinking than a slow game... you just need to think faster as well. And counter-strike is one of the most tactical games ever! I can't for the life of me understand why BF players use it as some sort of synonym for horrible.

If anything, I'm worried games are getting too slow these days! BFBC2 is probably the slowest game I play at the moment.

Comment

It's a game

G A M E

people honestly don't play it to sit around and wait for the other to poke their heads out, they play to have fun, and most people enjoy running about shooting big weapons and rockets in eachothers faces.

Try ArmA 2 that sounds like your type of game.

Comment

Yep, it's an arcadish game and running into the enemy works if you know where to expect them, and the maps are so small that you simply have to run into them very soon. And it's not like the game requires much strategy to win. If you play like that in PR, OFP or RO though you will get punished for that kind of behavior.

Comment

Sorry OP but i have to agree with everyone here your idea of a game would be so totally boring that it wouldnt be worth it. Its like the anticipation you get when buying microsoft flight simulator and simulating a flight from england to australia in a 747, then realizing you have to sit at the computer for 22 hours.

In all honesty join the army.

Comment

OP:
                        install BF2
                        download FH2
                        play
                        shut up

it is a wwII mod for bf2 which moves at a tolerably slow pace with few kills/deaths but matches last up to 30 minutes or more. very tactical and squadplay is essential. try it now

Comment

What do you mean, "You don't have a second chance in real life"?

Serious time!

Well, personally, I always move tactically. I will move from cover to cover, and usually use smoke or suppressive fire when crossing a large open area. Basically, the way people should play. I always take my time.

FPS games will always be a run-and-gun type game whenever respawns are less than a minute. Take ArmA 2 for example, which is a tactical shooter. For those of you who don't know what ArmA 2 is, imagine a realistic game where 1 bullet can kill, accuracy decreases when you walk, etc. The map is 225km^2 so when you've traveled 5km you don't want to have to take 20 minutes to do that distance again.

Now that you have a basic idea of ArmA (1 and 2), I'm sure you've guessed people are a lot more cautious.

This is a fast paced FPS, and so is Counter Strike. So don't ever expect people to play it like a tactical shooter, or even semi-realistically.

Comment

Try going back to the basics. See if you can find a copy of Sid Meier's strategy game Gettysburg and an OS that you can play it on and you will good to go for hours................your problems are solved!

Comment

ViciousDog, please tell me you didn't expect BC2 to be realistic and slow paced. Honestly...

Comment

Working...
                              X