Enter Battle Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter Battle Button

Just got my gaming computer fixed and bought BF:BC2. This game is harsh on new recruits lol. Been getting my *** shot off. Anyways why does it take 4 or 5 clicks of the enter battle button to spawn in. Was it like this before the latest patch. It is not just me as it is doing the same thing to my friend.

Re: Enter Battle Button

Originally posted by stilla-killa
    Just got my gaming computer fixed and bought BF:BC2. This game is harsh on new recruits lol. Been getting my *** shot off. Anyways why does it take 4 or 5 clicks of the enter battle button to spawn in. Was it like this before the latest patch. It is not just me as it is doing the same thing to my friend.
    Turn off active scanning in your anti-virus. Or at least add your BFBC2 folder in My Documents to the exclusion list.
    When you go to spawn, it saves your kit to remember it for later.

Comment

Thanks ED. Has this always been a problem with the game?

Comment

No, it's a feature of the new patch.

Comment

Also I read about changing the FOV in the settings file but when I do I really can't tell a difference so not sure if it is working or not. I set it to 70.

Comment

Try a big number you will see. Btw it doesn't work anymore with vehicles.

Have a look at this .gif.
            http://www.somua.com/Up/Images/3-2010//BC2_FOV.gif

Comment

Patch made it where the game remembers your kit load out, every time it gets saved, AV scans it, making you lag like hell IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                Try a big number you will see. Btw it doesn't work anymore with vehicles.

Have a look at this .gif.
                http://www.somua.com/Up/Images/3-2010//BC2_FOV.gif
                Ah k I see now.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by Tampa
                Patch made it where the game remembers your kit load out, every time it gets saved, AV scans it, making you lag like hell IIRC

Well I hope DICE has a fix for that pretty quick then.

Comment

Also, Stilla, the FOV number is not the same as other games did it. You need to calculate your FOV. If you want your FOV to actually be 70, you need to set it to 48 at 1680x1050 resolution.

This calculator will tell you how to set it:

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    Just got my gaming computer fixed and bought BF:BC2. This game is harsh on new recruits lol. Been getting my *** shot off.
                    Glad to hear you say that. I'm thinking that when I get my gaming rig put back together, I'm going to play with an alias before switching to my normal handle.

Comment

I admit to hitting Enter battle so many times I misfire once i get in!

Comment

Working...
                      X