Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to you think about the first balancing change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to you think about the first balancing change?

What is your opinion on the change?

I personally think it did more harm than good.

M93R, F2000 and AEK bust are good.

M60 is nerfed a bit too much, and XM8 doesn't need a nerf at all.

40mm GL and M2CG nerf is OK. One with explosive spec can still make it formidable.

Recon nerf is too much. Now there is very little incentive to use bolt guns.

Re: How to you think about the first balancing change?

I think Demize is a complete tool. He was asked to balance a few weapons with the rest, instead he balanced everything to useless. Why don't they just give us 1 gun per kit and be away with it. But oh wait, then the noobs would complain that assault is overpowered and DICE would remove that. Then medic, then engineer until oh look. It's a 1 man, 1 gun game.

But look at the bright side, it's definitely balanced now!

Apart from ping's and grenades and knives and hardware... They will have to bring in a system to make everyone's ping the same as the worst person in the server, remove grenades and knives then send super computers out to all the customers along with fibre optic connections to play the 1 man, 1 gun game with the noobs.

But look at the bright side, it's most certainly balanced beyond doubt now!

Comment

i think a lot of weapons will be re-balanced again to reverse what just happened.
      such as bolt actions all being same, except m95 has a weaker modifier for headshots.
      and m16 nerf for no reason among others.

Comment

tbh Demize did a rubbish job, he seems to have some idea of bringing all the guns in line with eachother, when thats stupid, he either nerfs stuff and makes them useless or wants to make all the guns the same which is also dumb, screwing with things that should be left alone

the recon changes were a good idea in principle, but went way overboard, making the M95 useless and the other rifles clones of eachother. The mortar strike change I don't mind, never had a problem with it, it was good to restock the motion mines though

engineer, don't see why SMGs were made more powerful at long range when they are SMGs I suppose the biggest thing for engineer is the CG nerf, which is good

medic, the M60 nerf was good, as was the hip spraying nerf but they made LMGs even more accurate from the scope etc The main problem with the M60 wasn't necessarily the damage it was the stupendous accuracy and lack of recoil, regardless the M60 is still the best LMG

and then we get onto Assault ho ho ho, imo one of the greatest area of **** up, BUFFING the AN94 when it was perfectly fine and powerful and nerfing the M16? The other buffs such as the FN2000 were good but then they go and screw with the rest of the balance and totally upset it, beforehand there was good balance between the XM8P, M16, M416 and AN94, now there is simply no reason to use anything over than the AN94, its like they made some on paper change and didn't even bother to see how it turned out in real gameplay. Couple this with the 40MMSGN nerf and its lolworthy

and then we have a G3 nerf, utterly utterly pointless and changing the shotgun balance seemed pointless

don't even get me started on the tracer dart and AA change

lolworthy

basically the patch made some good guns useless for no reason whatsoever and simply put classes like Assault to be like the medic, where there is one clear cut best gun

Comment

Sorry to intrude,

but how "BAD" were they nerfed? Can someone give me a first hand account. Papers and work got my tied up so I didn't have any time to check the game.

I want to get a impression of "HOW BAD" things were before I go in and use some of my favorite guns. (M16 for example)

Comment

I am going to say upfront that I have not played the game since the patch, so I do not know firsthand and am only going by chart readings and videos. Also, this is just my opinion on it. Dont freak out you can have yours as well

The Good:
            Assault: Good on upping the rifles. 40mm being weakend was needed.
            Medic: M60 decrease by one bullet = perfect. Making the changes to the other weapons also good.
            Recon: Adding another motion sensor, thats nice and needed.
            Pistol adjustments were nice. M1911 was very dominate.

The Bad:
            Weakening the G3 makes a very well rounded weapon not very good.
            Recon: Changing the bolt rifles that much makes them like MW2 rifles, all the same.
            Shotguns: Did they really need a nerf at all?

The Ugly:
            Tracer dart x4 speed increase? Thats a lot and destroys the idea of air support of any kind.
            Lower power of gunner cannon. I didnt think splash damage was an issue.
            Recon: Motar strike changes for less damage to vehicles and longer recharge. At least we have a better tracer dart.

All the other fixes and updates I think were good and look forward to trying them out. I just dont get the bad and ugly. Maybe more people were complaining about these, but I didnt really see it myself. This is why I hate it when people start chanting nerf. It always seems to go extreme.

Maybe a lot of these wont be so bad as I havent tried them, but I dont see how they wont.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The balance struck before this patch APART FROM the M60/Tube/Gustav was fine in my opinion, a couple of weapon needed a but of a boost but aside from that it was all dandy.

Then this happened.

The tracer dart, wtf, I can hit choppers taking off from B on atacama desert for christs sake.

M16 nerfed for no reason, stupidly buffed AN-94... nerfed the 40MM Shotgun........

All the LMG's are amazinly accurate when zoomed now...

AND THE DAMN BOLT RIFLES, I LOVED MY M95

I can't believe how much **** can come from one designer, Demize needs to hand his "balancing" to someone who actually PLAYS the PC version.

*sighs* :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Comment

If Demize is in charge of weapon balancing for MoH, count me out of MP for that one.

Comment

Before the patch, I only thought M60, 40mm, M2 , and Colt 1911 needs to be toned down.

Shotguns needs more power, tracer darts slightly more faster x2 or so.

But wow... They did do something drastic and rash.

Comment

Well at least there's less wookies camping now (find the good in the bad they say).

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                      Well at least there's less wookies camping now (find the good in the bad they say).
                      Yeah, at least one kit is utterly destroyed now.

I used to select recon and use the G3 to surprise people, so much for that tactic.

Crunch

Comment

Doesn't matter how fast a tracer dart is because people almost always escape a chopper when you dart/rpg them. I don't think (going back to before the patch) I have one kill from dart/rpgs. The chopper always explodes but I see them bailing out and staying alive. I don't fly choppers so I don't know what it is that makes this happen. I know they get the missile lock but they are bailing out of the chopper after it has been hit. Maybe I should make an xfire vid to prove my point.

Oh, and my knife is missing easy kills now.

Not me but it's similar to what I have experienced.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Eh...they buffed the pump actions from what I saw on Dens updated charts, what do you mean Crunch? the Shotguns did 12.0 damage per pellet with x12 being fired every time (atleast for pump) and then the new ones did 12.5. Which would be an extra 1 damage per 2 pellets, which is great! Perfect little change. Unless you mean the 40mm which still does more damage than the normal pump actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
                            Eh...they buffed the pump actions from what I saw on Dens updated charts, what do you mean Crunch? the Shotguns did 12.0 damage per pellet with x12 being fired every time (atleast for pump) and then the new ones did 12.5. Which would be an extra 1 damage per 2 pellets, which is great! Perfect little change. Unless you mean the 40mm which still does more damage than the normal pump actions.
                            My understanding is they made some changes to the slug rounds in shotguns. Its not something I really used nor is it something that I encountered much at all, which is why I am surprised they shortened the range of the slug and decreased power at distance.

I think everything to do with the shotguns was fine the way it was myself.

Crunch

Comment

Oh and to add to the list.

Demize/Baza always said that people should use smoke to counter the tracers for choppers, even though it didn't work on the PC version lol...

Man, I am in a world of hate for Demize, I have seen other games (not FPS related) destroyed by poor balancing, but I didn't think this one would seeing as they have experience from all the other BF titles.

Comment

Working...
                              X