Consoles ruined PC helos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consoles ruined PC helos

From what i have read, the helos in the console version of BC2 are incredibly agile, almost BF2 agile where you could turn on a dime, do barrel rolls etc (j/k) on the last part. I guess there were reported problems with it being too difficult to shoot down the choppers, or hit them with tracer round because of their quick movements. If you have flown them on the PC version, you know this is not the case. They have much stiffer handling, more slow and wide turning radius, and just a much more clunky feel to them. While i can see this new patch helping the console players out with the tracer darts increased speed, it now pretty much ruins the choppers on PC. IMO the choppers are the best part of BC2, at least the attack choppers. Pre patch was if you had some skill, you could avoid most fire directed towards you, now its not even worth it to fly. Choppers have become flying death traps. I can agree for the PC version, it was tough to hit a chopper with a tracer dart, and i can agree they should have been sped up a tad, but this change to the tracer dart in the pc version is terrible. DICE needs to have two seperate tracer darts for PC and console. It has come to the point of even skilled pilots do not have a chance against anything now. There is no time to react to these darts like before. If they didnt speed them up to mach 5, we could at least have a chance, not now. I am all for finding a middle ground regarding these speeds, but going from a Pinto, to a Porche makes me a sad sad man. :cry:

This is just a rant, sorry, i had to get it out. Hopefully i will be able to adapt to these changes and keep this great asset in the air more than its on the the landing pad.

Re: Consoles ruined PC helos

yup, the tracer dart could have used some love but dear god a x4 increase?

I fly the chopper a lot and even I cannot dodge that, certainly not in a HIND, apache or a BH etc

the skies are empty, helis are now simply taxis that you bail out of

and buffing the AA when hitting a moving heli was easy, let a lone the fact it knocked them out of control and did huge damage

the HIND could have done with a change to make it less of a bullet sponge or simply placing a Zeus AA at the bottom of the hill on Isla Inocentes

but yes its very silly, a lot of the patch has some good changes like the noob tube etc nerf, other changes likr the M16/G3/AN94/40MMSGN and the tracer change was just stupid

Comment

how about to fix the joystick controls for most part? it doesn't work at all for me and tried 2 different sticks.

Comment

well obviously they are catering to the 99% of the players who are on the ground and not the 1% who whore choppers. makes sense to me, i've seen and have done myself complete raping of the other team by the attack choppers where the other team has no chance and get 80 or so straight kills without dying in just minutes. its super fun for one gunning in the chopper but not so much if you're getting raped.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          well obviously they are catering to the 99% of the players who are on the ground and not the 1% who whore choppers. makes sense to me, i've seen and have done myself complete raping of the other team by the attack choppers where the other team has no chance and get 80 or so straight kills without dying in just minutes. its super fun for one gunning in the chopper but not so much if you're getting raped.
          Making the helicopter completely useless was the wrong answer. They could have doubled the speed of the tracer instead of quadrupling it.
          With the tracer speed like this, the aircraft would be balanced if they were as nimble as the console version. They talk about making the experience the same across platforms but give us fixes for problems that only exist on the consoles and give us problems that the consoles don't have.

"PC users, we've got your back."

Comment

well they will continue to balance and tweak the game so if it is obvious that 4x was too much, perhaps they will just 2x it like you say.
            we all know these changes aren't for good, so don't get all worked up.

Comment

Sorry i dont "whore" choppers. I just happen to use them to their full potential when i get the chance. You get raped on the ground by choppers? Learn to adapt and take them down. I have no issue with downing anything in the air with an AT4. This is catering to whiners like this, which is very sad.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

we all know these changes aren't for good, so don't get all worked up.
              Then why make the change at all? I think doubling the speed would have been perfect, that way it helps ground pounders, and lets pilots have a chance. Thats why im getting worked up over it. I really get sick of whiners complaining to EA to get the game dumbed down more than it already is to cater to bads.

Comment

have you guys played at all on pub servers? most teams are incapable of taking down attack choppers with half decent pilots.

one thing this hurts are the blackhawks. as if they weren't sitting ducks already, now they are just suicidal. i haven't tried em out yet but i heard blackhawks don't even make it to the island on isla innocentes anymore.

Comment

That's why I said they should have changed it a little, not this much. It went from, "Yay, I'm in a chopper so I can get a few kills before someone pulls his head out and kills me," to, "Crap, I spawned on a squadmate in a chopper, time to bail!"

Choppers were slightly overpowered on some maps before. Now they're garbage on all maps. And no, if a couple of people have tracers equipped on Isla Inocentes the Blackhawks don't even make it to the first set of MCOMs most of the time.

Comment

Sure you cannot fly over the enemies with the BH, it's just a taxi now. It's a little paradoxical but Isla seems easier to win now, since the passengers of the BH are forced to bail and go fight on the island, and the Hind don't rape the entire team anymore.

Comment

:super pissed:
                      If you cant manage to down the Hind with an AT4, you deserve to be raped repeatedly. There is no excuse with all these people with Carl Gustavs. They just are too focused on shooting at peoples feet rather than using it to kill what it is intended for.

Comment

i disagree with that. it's not easy to take down Hind with AT rockets. why do you think this change was made to begin with?

you make it seem like it's no big deal to take them down, which is definitely not the case.
                        either that or you've been up against bad pilots.

Comment

Are you really saying its hard to take down ANY chopper with an AT4? Its freakin guided, not a dummy round.. How hard is it to compensate? I am being totally honest when i say i have NO problem taking out a chopper with an AT4. Ive shot down pilots in 20ID, pretty good pilots IMO, with no problem.

What Rocket are you using while attempting to down a chopper if you dont mind me asking? If its anything besides an AT4, i can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
                            how about to fix the joystick controls for most part? it doesn't work at all for me and tried 2 different sticks.
                            this

Comment

What joystick are you using? I personally use M/KB, but clan mates use joysticks, and they have found them to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X