Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consoles ruined PC helos

Originally posted by Tampa
    Are you really saying its hard to take down ANY chopper with an AT4? Its freakin guided, not a dummy round.. How hard is it to compensate? I am being totally honest when i say i have NO problem taking out a chopper with an AT4. Ive shot down pilots in 20ID, pretty good pilots IMO, with no problem.

What Rocket are you using while attempting to down a chopper if you dont mind me asking? If its anything besides an AT4, i can understand.
    You are full of it. It's far from easy to take a moving chopper with AT4, you can claim otherwise all you want though.

Comment

he might just be really good or lucky with it. but he must realize it's not the case for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Derroth
        You are full of it. It's far from easy to take a moving chopper with AT4, you can claim otherwise all you want though.
        Add me, get in a chopper, then find out. It may not be that easy for everyone, but i can guarantee ill drop you before i run out of ammo. Don't tell me im full of it unless you have played me.
        My in game name is Tampa. Cya soon?

Comment

What joystick are you using? I personally use M/KB, but clan mates use joysticks, and they have found them to work fine.
          Using saitek cyborg evo, my yaw and throttle are inverted and some buttons don't respond:dead:

Comment

I must agree with Tampa, taking down a chopper with the AT4 even if it is moving fast/slow eratically etc is not very hard. Especially after a bit of practice.

Comment

Now that i read my own statement, i pretty much sounded like an elitist ***. Sorry about that. But with the guided AT4 its easy. Now the RPG and CG are a different story, and that seems to be the weapon of choice for most engineers for obvious reasons.

Comment

Now that i read my own statement, i pretty much sounded like an elitist ***. Sorry about that. But with the guided AT4 its easy. Now the RPG and CG are a different story, and that seems to be the weapon of choice for most engineers for obvious reasons.
                little off topic - but I have not earned the AT4 - and why do most engineers not use it???
                (juts trying to learn - ty)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragon
                  little off topic - but I have not earned the AT4 - and why do most engineers not use it???
                  Because most engineers like rockets that are anti-infantry too. I honestly prefer the AT4 because of its guided and does the most damage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragon
                    Frosty is right. With the Carl Gustav and RPG, they are dummy rounds. These are extremely effective against infantry and stationary armor. With the AT4, you can steer the rocket after you fire it. This makes it easier to hit moving targets, like a chopper. The player base for the most part is a kills first teamwork later mentality. The majority of the enemy is ground based, so they lean more towards choosing the popular rocket launcher like the CG.

Comment

yup, with the AT4 its quite easy once you realise that if the chopper is turning sharply you should aim well ahead, just takes some practice

the tracers needed some love imo, but not x4 speed lol

HIND needed to be a bit less resilient tbh, and increasing the power of the AA, when it was already powerful

honestly some of the changes in the patch, I wonder who the hell thinks of these "balance" tweaks and think if they even play the game

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                        yup, with the AT4 its quite easy once you realise that if the chopper is turning sharply you should aim well ahead, just takes some practice

the tracers needed some love imo, but not x4 speed lol

HIND needed to be a bit less resilient tbh, and increasing the power of the AA, when it was already powerful

honestly some of the changes in the patch, I wonder who the hell thinks of these "balance" tweaks and think if they even play the game
                        Remember, this is the same company that patched the PKM in BF2...

Comment

true

but I was hoping they had learned

the earlier patches had been pretty decent

should have known they would fail when it came to balance issues

Comment

The main reason I use the RPG over the AT4 is speed. I can pop out and shoot an RPG at a vehicle and duck before it hits.

With the AT4 I just feel so exposed standing there guiding a slow moving projectile. Half the time with the AT4 I just switch to my SMG while it's in flight to stop having control over it. I haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure it just flies straight when I do that.

Comment

With the RPG and CG, if armour is tracered, you can shoot over buildings once you get the hang of it, with the AT4 thats impossible basically. AT4 has it's place, and so do the other two. There are weapons for the situation, and the other times you just make do with what you got. Certain maps might call for more of one then the other, but even then it can just come down to player style.

I"m glad to hear at some people have gotten their joysticks to work, I'll pass that on to my air whore friend. I'll give it a shot at some point.

Comment

the main reason people do not use the AT4 is because it does not work with the tracer dart. The user of the AT4 must manually guide the rocket to target. Same way the TOW missile is fired. With a little practice you can rack up some good kills. Also with the explosion upgrade you can 2 shot tanks from full health and one shot most damaged vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X