spec and gadget is too vague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spec and gadget is too vague

It's always red dot, magnum. I mean what else can top it? Everything else is pretty much useless so why even put them in and it's like having one ring to rule the other.
    They are only used when someone feels like they want to be different.
    Don't you guys agree?

Re: spec and gadget is too vague

Don't you have anything better to do? :P

I never use the red dot, people who use it basically scream "I'm blind and I can't use iron sights which have the same effect as this here red dot.". And only used when someone feels like they want to be different...:/...Or, they found a better way for them to play.

Comment

I find the increased speed spec to be really good.

And when I go engi I always take refined explosives + more rockets.

And really, you are only talking about the M60.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
        Don't you have anything better to do? :P

I never use the red dot, people who use it basically scream "I'm blind and I can't use iron sights which have the same effect as this here red dot.".
        Close, its "The G**-D*** muzzle flash blinds me, so I have to use Red Dot if I want to see the target."

Comment

i will almost never use iron sights i just can't stand them on most guns. red dot makes life much easier. some guns have horrible iron sights where too much of the view surrounding the target is blocked for my tastes.

Comment

The only time I ever strictly use the red dot and magnum ammo is when using the M60.

Otherwise, I'll use the faster movement if I want to focus on healing and revives as medic. Extra rockets and better explosives for Engineer. And it varies with Assault.

Comment

I take almost everything. ACOG+Magnum on MG and assault rifles. X12 scope and explo for sniper. Speed + increased magazines for when I go recon with my trusty Usas12. Extra rocket or extra grenades + explo when I go noobtube/Gustav and sometimes I take extra ammo for the VSS aka the ammo eater.

I never took the medkit+ again after I unlocked it, nor the armor or better accuracy.

Comment

I wouldn't says the specs and gadget are completely useless. They have their place and purpose. 4x ACOG scope is for people who hang back from the front line because they don't want to go recon for the sniper scopes. extra ammo is for people who bleed ammo but don't hit anything (heh). Extra grenades on assault class are for the people who don't know how to use their rifle's primary role or if they have c4 on assault or recon they want to make sure they blow up whatever it is they're blowing up.

Different specs for different people's style of play or what they feel the situation calls for.

Comment

How is it any different than PK Rockets and Defib?

it is what it is.

If you play in a good squad, you can balance out the gadgets.

Comment

I ALWAYS use the ceramic body armour, someone has to fight the magnum ammo lovers (imo magnum ammo shouldn't be in the game, but theres nothing that attracts simple minded recons like MOAR DAMAGE)

otherwise, assault I take the 4x

engineer usually more ammo or more explosives, imo using a scope on an engineer SMG is simply a waste of a slot

recon, ammo

medic, last time I did it was ammo as well

I don't trust assault players that aren't me

hrhrhr

Comment

Yeah, maybe armor is better all in all, since Magnum don't add a lot of damage at long distances. And in CQB armor counter the magnum damage.

A scope on the engineer SMG is good... but only for hardcore.

Comment

Red dot is made of fail. I always use the 4x with medic and assault. Often I just equip ironsights for engie and use a more useful perk like more explosives. I change second slot perks depending on which class and weapon I'm using as well.

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                        I wouldn't says the specs and gadget are completely useless. They have their place and purpose. 4x ACOG scope is for people who hang back from the front line because they don't want to go recon for the sniper scopes.
                        No way.
                        I'm perfectly good with the 4x on assault rifles at medium range or even closer if I'm quick about it. Otherwise I'm close enough that I can fire un-scoped or use a pistol.

Comment

Wow, either I'm playing a different game and ever met you folks or you're all just a bunch of kidders!
                          I agree that you don't need the magnum on certain kits like AT and rather take explosive but seriously... red dot works with any weapon well and why would you pick anything else if you arn't AT.
                          Red dot + Magnum goes well with all assault rifles, all medics , Recon is 90% of magnum.
                          I think specs and gad should only help support your class and not be the caused of victory.

Comment

i play HC a lot and magnum is useless since the bolt sniper rifles are one hit kill regardless. i use ceramic armor and optic or extra ammo (if i plan to get left behind on rush).
                            engineer is always explosive dmg perk and extra explosives.
                            assault and medic is where magnum and red dot is mostly used although if i felt like 40mm spamming, i'd take the extra nade + explosive dmg perk.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                              Wow, either I'm playing a different game and ever met you folks or you're all just a bunch of kidders!
                              I agree that you don't need the magnum on certain kits like AT and rather take explosive but seriously... red dot works with any weapon well and why would you pick anything else if you arn't AT.
                              Red dot + Magnum goes well with all assault rifles, all medics , Recon is 90% of magnum.
                              I think specs and gad should only help support your class and not be the caused of victory.
                              Or this is your favorite set up...? A fair amount of people don't use the red dot from my experience.

I'd rather spawn with an F2000, rather than using a red dot on any weapon in the game. (Minus Snipers, big difference here). If the Muzzle flash is a big deal then just spot when you fire at them and follow the red.

Comment

Working...
                              X