Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicle specializations

As someone that only really plays Conquest:

When driving armor I use + armour with the tanks, and usually with the APC's too. Most of the time it pays off. While faster reloads, more damage or Alt fire will give you some more kills in the short run, Surviving engagements means in the long run you control the flow of the battlefield for longer. Also My friends that use don't have it, can't usually survive a well placed mortar attack. Also I usually roll with a friend in the turret anyways, so dealing with infantry isn't that crippled, and I use the shells sparingly, since I don't want to kick up too much dust for my gunner if I can't make a decent shot. I focus on dealing with armour they deal with most of the infantry. Alt fire doesn't help me in a armour fight in a tank, or once I'm tracered. Also much like leaning around a corner (free lean or a cover system for a BF game one of these days please) most serious armour whores learn to use cover in between shells, and try to fight at a decent distance, so often unless you are point blank that awesome Alt fire missiles for APCs can be dodged. Faster reloads for you doesn't do much when I'm behind cover while I'm reloading.

optical zoom is the only one I've considered using from time to time, however dying easier from mortars, less RPGs and not being able to barley survive mines as well, bring me back to the extra armour.

Really though they are all really interesting, work for different play styles, even with different squad styles. Smoke for either helping cover your own squad mates and getting rid of tracers. Sensor for helping detect units, though really a sniper in the group will largely be just as effective and you get another kind of perk. Optical zoom for scooping out a situation and roughing up armour from a distance, while AT and C4 equipped units can engage said enemy armour easier since Its shaken up earlier. Extra damage and faster reloads for players with very good aim in armour, and while I consider my self in this category, I also know that you can't be perfect and having that extra protection means that as soon as the other player misses a shot I basicly have the advantage. Alt fire varies from vehicles to vehicles and even position in vehicles so it's a bit harder to categorize.

Comment

I almost always run with extra armour. Its just the most usefull especially with so many people packing Gustav (84mm n00b tube) as they are less effective vs armour than the other 2 so you have more change of surviving or them running out of ammo before you dying than with the other specializations.

I love using zoom especially with the tanks on arica harbour and a UAV anywhere although extra armour helps quite a bit with uav's as well.

Comment

after 200+ hrs, i have now settled on using V-Optics nearly all the time. it's great to engage enemies or take out mcoms from far away with armor where enemy rpgs can't reach you. and of course it allows you to stay up in UAVs for whole rounds.

Comment

Depends on the tank. Heavy tanks I take extra armour, since I don't find myself needing the optics much in order to hit long range targets, alternate fire is a pansy minigun that doesn't substitute the top gun effectively. That and I'd prefer keeping the tank alive at least as a deterrent more than anything else, and if you have a teammate who works well with you, it takes. This and I don't want to be OHK'ed by a UAV hellfiring my arse.

APC's = depends on the map and teammates. Lots of helpful engi's = alternate fire, lack of = extra armour and hopefully try to dodge enemy tow.

Generally works well for me, not for everybody. But I always tank with a teammate who has gotten very good at being my gunner in any vehicle - and that's the setup we find most effective.

Any air vehicles I'd take alternate fire, however since the tracer OP buff I've avoided flying...

Comment

Alt fire all the way...

Comment

If you're the driver of the Blackhawk use Armor, then you can take 2 missiles rather than 1. If you're gunner use Damage.

Comment

APC always Alt Fire, same goes with choppers.

Tanks, Voptic or Varmor.

Comment

cannot believe no one chose V elect
                  makes the vehicle in to a mini UAV for spotting
                  bet over 1/3 my kills were from pinging an enemy hiding nearby
                  never go near a flag without it - too dangerous
                  also killed over 50 or so recon trying to plant c4
                  other choice use to be armor
                  (cannot fight if dead was my thinking)
                  then went to faster re-load times
                  get troops much easier !

still testing on how these features stack
                  getting different info

Comment

I always use zoom out of 2142 instinct, I usually hover my UAV at the edge of bounds for far stealth shots. My tank sniping skills from 2142 did not carry over well though, anyone else notice how tiny the tank shell splash is? I find it almost impossible to kill infantry with one hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                      My tank sniping skills from 2142 did not carry over well though, anyone else notice how tiny the tank shell splash is? I find it almost impossible to kill infantry with one hit.
                      I have noticed that to, sniping with tanks just isn't as effective in comparison to alt fire. Infantry are so much harder to kill without it.

Comment

Working...
                      X