Vehicle specializations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle specializations

So now that most of us know the maps and vehicles strengh/weakness, what vehicle specialization do you take and in which context?

Personnaly I always took the faster reload until a week but then found the bonus in reload was really small so now I change.

Tanks : Optical on some map like Arica Harbour to destroy the A M-COM from the base. Otherwise improved warhead in heavy tank fight. Alternate fire in situation where there is only enemy infantry.

IFV : Alternate fire so I can win the fight against the enemy IFV. Proximity detectors on squad deathmatch.

UAV : optical so I can aim from farther and not be one-shotted from M95. Proximity detectors and fly real high or hide to spot the entire enemy team, really helpful in Rush but do the team even see what vehicles detect with the proximiy sensors spec?

Blackhawk : Is there something useful? Does improved warhead increase the damage of the minigun? The Blackhawk killing power is really far from the (op) BF2 one (but it was nerfed in the end if I remember right).

Attack chopper : Optical or alternate fire in the gunner seat, alternate fire in the pilot seat.

BMD3 AA version : **** tank, I don't even know what to take. Does improved warhead improve the splash and damage of the grenade launcher?

Re: Vehicle specializations

I always use alt fire

every map, every gamemode

the coaxial MG is just very useful, especially for the UAV, and stuff like the AA vehicle (grenade and MG make it very deadly)

and if you have a gunner in a tank it just makes you all the more deadly

Comment

I rarely know beforehand if I will get into any vehicle, so I just select on of the all-round options like armor or extra damage.

Comment

Zoom, sometime AltFire.

Comment

Never mind vehicle which will be destroyed in no time by experienced engineers. Vehicles with no infantry support are useless.

Comment

I usually go with decreased reload. Means you can pump out tank shells like no tomorrow in the tanks, means you can fire much quicker in the UAV, and even in the attack choppers when flying it means I can unload two full loads of missiles into something as I fly over.

In anything that doesn't really shoot as a driver (IE Hummers, Quads, Blackhawk) I just take + Armor.

Comment

I always go with Alt-Fire for any kit. Mostly because on infantry maps, where there is only a Bradley, the TOW missile is just too powerful not to have.

Comment

mostly alt fire, and faster reload if the map is going to involve heavy tank combat.

Comment

Tank - Faster reload. If you dont miss, you will never lose a 1v1 tank battle, and imo another tank shell>the alt fire MG

Uav- Optical. Keeps you alive longer. Makes it easier to avoid small ars fire

Blackhawk - Armor. Keeps you alive longer.

Bradley - Faster reload. Will fire bursts of 5-6 faster naturally :P This applies to stationary anti tank weapons as well.

Attack chopper - (Gunner) Optical - You can snipe for the most part with it avoiding small arms fire and also making it easiert to dodge rockets. (Pilot) Armor - will reduce the times you have to land and repair.

AA- Imp warhead

Comment

I really think that the alt fire is overrated. I haven't used it since the first week. Now I ALWAYS use the faster reload time for every vehicle. So far it hasn't let me down. :awes2

Comment

ALT FIRE for all , 4x for tank on Arica.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                        I really think that the alt fire is overrated. I haven't used it since the first week. Now I ALWAYS use the faster reload time for every vehicle. So far it hasn't let me down. :awes2
                        I gotta agree. Especially on armor heavy Arica, there is no comparison to faster reload times. You can get off three shots before the enemy reloads for his/her second shot. Alt fire for the UAV is like shooting of firewroks from your UAv easily getting you shot down, plus the MG on it is next to useless unless you are playing really really really bad players.

Comment

alt fire is just useful if you want to mow those hordes of morons who think they can run in front of my tank, sometimes even shooting bullets at it and getting away with it

that and it makes the UAV a fare more potent anti infantry weapon and is so useful for defending MCOM plants (swoop in, mow everyone, profit), just NEVER use it from height, as Tampa says it makes you much more obvious and besides its harder to hit people etc etc and do damage. Its also great if you are flying low, find that lone sniper or a group of people and you can just mow through them and get out of there quick ;D

the bradley one is less practical but a god send if you are going up against tanks which is usually the case (port valdez etc), so many times the guy in the T90 chases me thinking he will get me, but then I TOW him straight into respawn

and in the tank, hell I just love mowing the infantry with it, can really nail down an entire area and kill enemies with it

Comment

eh i find alt fire pretty useful in tanks, APCs, and UAVs. i love drilling the snipers from behind them with the UAV, yes it does take a lot of bullets to kill but its fun and i actually have killed a ton of guys that way. APC altfire rockets are more useful than they seem at first and is great against infantry who are hiding behind things.

Comment

What, no love for smoke? Gets rid of those pesky tracer darts instantly.

Comment

Working...
                              X