Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There seems to be no squad bond

Originally posted by [SA]4|1Sgt.Beav
    and as for the names, well what the heck is a Vreki anyway?
    At least it is pronounceable, mr. sah-four-one-saget-dot-beav

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      I sounds like it would also end my family life. Battle plans, Practice servers, 12 hour battles? No way would I have time for that.
      Also, your names are nerdy. Sorry, but someone had to say it.
      Your family life won't end because you will have us. So what's nerdy about our names?

Comment

Originally posted by {SA}4|Sgt.Chevy
        Your family life won't end because you will have us. So what's nerdy about our names?
        No offense, but they look like they have been PGP encrypted. For security reasons maybe?

p.s. All meant as a friendly jest, I think 21cw is a great idea, just not for me.

Comment

Well, Red, if you ever accept my friend invite, you would have someone to talk in VoIP with. :P

As for a squad leader not taking control, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Most are followers. If I want team work I start talking and giving orders. All of a sudden you have a fully functional squad. I even have a few talk back. This doesnt work every time, but it didnt in any of the other BF games either.

I dont remember this "bond" in any of the other BF games. Once in a while I would join a clan server where they did some of that, but it was far and few between.

This reminds me of a movie where a guy was telling this story about this guy that always chased out the animals in his field. One day he decided life was too short and decided to open the gates and put down his shotgun and went out into his field and opened his arms wide and yelled out to the world for animals to come. They wouldn't come though because they were scared of the new scarecrow in the middle of the field.

Sometimes I ramble ....or do I?

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            Well, Red, if you ever accept my friend invite, you would have someone to talk in VoIP with. :P

As for a squad leader not taking control, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Most are followers. If I want team work I start talking and giving orders. All of a sudden you have a fully functional squad. I even have a few talk back. This doesnt work every time, but it didnt in any of the other BF games either.

I dont remember this "bond" in any of the other BF games. Once in a while I would join a clan server where they did some of that, but it was far and few between.

This reminds me of a movie where a guy was telling this story about this guy that always chased out the animals in his field. One day he decided life was too short and decided to open the gates and put down his shotgun and went out into his field and opened his arms wide and yelled out to the world for animals to come. They wouldn't come though because they were scared of the new scarecrow in the middle of the field.

Sometimes I ramble ....or do I?

Crunch
            I thought you were already on my friendlist... Oh gawh did I invite and chill with the wrong captain?
            CaptnCrunch

Comment

Yep...definitely the wrong captain

Comment

lol i'd chill with that captain!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                  Yep...definitely the wrong captain

A couple of years ago that **** killed a few Finnish people. And Fins drink the most pure alcohol per capita annually. I wouldnt "chill" with this captain even at gunpoint!

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                    I always thought people were just talking to each other in their own vent or TS servers... I almost never use ingame VOIP in any game.
                    Whenever I play with friends it's pretty much always in our Mumble server... don't think I've even tried to use ingame talk

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                      I thought you were already on my friendlist... Oh gawh did I invite and chill with the wrong captain?
                      CaptnCrunch
                      \

CptainCrunch, I've sent you a bunch of invites. Especially after you mentioned you wanted to get my tags.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It was like this at the beginning of Bf2 and 2142, the average player is doing some teamwork and just worrying about getting opportunities to get gear through points. Once that goes away, and it will quickly with this game since you can max out one or two classes very easy if you stick with them. Once that part of the equation is gone, more and more will realize that the only way to get more lethal, is through proper team work.

Voip is of course the greatest barrier now more so because of lack of squad leaders and their order system. It does work on very few servers it seems, though when it is working it's been perfect for me, and really makes any random public server a better experience, even if you don't win (shocking!).

However as others have said, with a few friends it's a great teamwork experience holding flags, while buildings and cover crumble before your very eyes. Sneaking through forests that actually offer proper cover even to non snipers, and unleashing through the bushes with your whole squad in one instant.

There might have been a lot of teamwork elements removed from the previous games, but there still is enough, and the game and engine just offer such tasty teamwork opportunites.

Plus the mad extra points you get for working with your squad should really be all the incentive you need to stick to your squad.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          Also, the VOIP is extremely buggy, often doesn't work, is garbled, or people's mics are on constantly )

This is why I turned it off.

Comment

Working...
                          X