Get some! Get some!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get some! Get some!

Does anyone feel that it's obscure or down right wrong for EA to include a phrase from a douche bag who uses that phrase as he is killing, I mean slaughtering innocent villagers?
    I'm not sure if it originated in Full Metal Jacket but in a way it just feels a bit awkward or like they are promoting it like..."yeah that guy is pretty cool". I mean it's not really that big of a deal but it's just how I feel.

Re: Get some! Get some!

Slaughtering innocent villagers? Where? You mean in Full Metal Jacket?

As for the game I don't see what's wrong, it's actually more realist to swear especially with anger and fear in the heat of the battle.

Comment

Comment

We're killing people en masse with C-4, hand grenades,RPG's,helicopters and tanks in this game and the phrase "Get some" bothers you?

Maybe the FPS genre isn't for you...

Comment

some of the automated yelling is a bit over the top to me.
          and yet they have some over-sensitive profanity filter, why?

Comment

Yup maybe a reference to FMJ, you also have 'payback is a *****'. Anyways you're not slaughtering any innocents in BC2, so I really don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp_Dietrich
              We're killing people en masse with C-4, hand grenades,RPG's,helicopters and tanks in this game and the phrase "Get some" bothers you?

Maybe the FPS genre isn't for you...
              You might have missed the part where I said "villagers".

Originally posted by infernalis
              Yup maybe a reference to FMJ, you also have 'payback is a *****'. Anyways you're not slaughtering any innocents in BC2, so I really don't see the problem.
              Yeah I know Infernalis, it's just that it came from a bad scene that's all.

Comment

Do you just look for controversy or what?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Originally posted by Redink
                Yeah I know Infernalis, it's just that it came from a bad scene that's all.
                Bad scene? That is a classic scene further illustrating the message of the film

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                  Do you just look for controversy or what?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Bad scene? That is a classic scene further illustrating the message of the film
                  Bad scene as I can't believe things and people like him can do that in real life... NOT AS IN a bad scene which is directed horribly.

Comment

I can see what you are saying. BUT imagine after 2-3 tours in Vietnam seeing close friends blown up by women and children with booby traps attached to their bodies. These guys got somewhat numb after a while. I'm not saying it's right, but that is a reality of war, it's not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                      Does anyone feel that it's obscure or down right wrong for EA to include a phrase from a douche bag who uses that phrase as he is killing, I mean slaughtering innocent villagers?
                      I'm not sure if it originated in Full Metal Jacket but in a way it just feels a bit awkward or like they are promoting it like..."yeah that guy is pretty cool". I mean it's not really that big of a deal but it's just how I feel.

Oh that's right ... it's a game. I almost forgot.

Your posts make me question, why do you play FPS's!?! Who the hell cares if they used a movie reference. That's like saying Grand Theft Auto is terrible and people who play it are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]TA|Patton
                        Oh that's right ... it's a game. I almost forgot.

Your posts make me question, why do you play FPS's!?! Who the hell cares if they used a movie reference. That's like saying Grand Theft Auto is terrible and people who play it are bad.
                        I thought TGN would have smarter people in their forums, gee of course it's a game! The movie reference is base on real events... the game no, but the thread's not even about how the game play is. Grand theft auto is not by any chance a game that resembles real life events... That's a different story.

Comment

But it's just a funny reference to FMJ, there is no correlation with the scene itself.

Comment

Lol, its just a game? Why are we even slaughtering innocent villagers in the first place? Arent video games just a place we can vent our secret terroristical intentions? : p

Comment

Oh sorry I thought you were offering.

Comment

Working...
                              X