• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Get some! Get some!

i kill the enemies like innocent villagers. :yay:

Comment

I take great pleasure at killing innocent Sims by burning them or letting them rot in the swimming pool!

Comment

Very good discussion. It does bother me that there is cursing in the game. I am glad there is a word filter on it as well. I know its suppose to be emersive, but I hear all those words throughout the day and I get tired of it. I chose not to play GTA because of the content in the game and how it was designed to be played. I dont have any issue with others playing the game if thats what they want to do, but I stayed clear of it. When I play a war game, I expect there to be blood (or brown dust) and violence. Cussing is bad along with the other added inuendos, such as this, but it is a war with another army.

I can understand about this, but we also have to keep it in context. In this game there are no villagers. They say "Get some" but that line has also been used in a lot of other movies as well. Now if there were villagers or some other civillian, then I would think its a little much, kinda like the MW2 "No Russian" scene.

We do have to remember that they are all games. Its when we forget that or act in a way that shows we are forgetting that then it is a bit much and maybe need to put the game down and get some help.

When we participate in any activity, be it gaming or sports, or even just going out into the world, these things can happen where we forget about others around us and worry only about ourselves.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

as far as the taunts go, i wish they would give us some sort of control over what is yelled.
          let us choose what to say, maybe like in a commo rose fasion and also give us a choice to not say anything at all.

interestingly, i often use these automated yellings to find out there's enemies nearby and hunt them down.

Comment

Stop thinking and shoot people.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              as far as the taunts go, i wish they would give us some sort of control over what is yelled.
              let us choose what to say, maybe like in a commo rose fasion and also give us a choice to not say anything at all.

interestingly, i often use these automated yellings to find out there's enemies nearby and hunt them down.
              If you played Joint Ops, the Russian taunts were the win! COME AND GET MEEE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                If you played Joint Ops, the Russian taunts were the win! COME AND GET MEEE!!!!!!!!
                Yep, we emote from time to time in JO. Die!, Come and get me!, You are dead pal! These are just a few.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Very good discussion. It does bother me that there is cursing in the game. I am glad there is a word filter on it as well. I know its suppose to be emersive, but I hear all those words throughout the day and I get tired of it. I chose not to play GTA because of the content in the game and how it was designed to be played. I dont have any issue with others playing the game if thats what they want to do, but I stayed clear of it. When I play a war game, I expect there to be blood (or brown dust) and violence. Cussing is bad along with the other added inuendos, such as this, but it is a war with another army.

I can understand about this, but we also have to keep it in context. In this game there are no villagers. They say "Get some" but that line has also been used in a lot of other movies as well. Now if there were villagers or some other civillian, then I would think its a little much, kinda like the MW2 "No Russian" scene.

We do have to remember that they are all games. Its when we forget that or act in a way that shows we are forgetting that then it is a bit much and maybe need to put the game down and get some help.

When we participate in any activity, be it gaming or sports, or even just going out into the world, these things can happen where we forget about others around us and worry only about ourselves.

Crunch
                  Good observation Mr Crunch, thanks for clearing that up well and maturely, but like I said though it's no big deal just something I thought over you know...

Originally posted by stillakilla
                  oh I thought you were offering
                  Haha Stilla you never cease to amuse me

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                    I thought TGN would have smarter people in their forums, gee of course it's a game! The movie reference is base on real events... the game no, but the thread's not even about how the game play is. Grand theft auto is not by any chance a game that resembles real life events... That's a different story.
                    Innocent people die every day. If you are taken back by the saying "Get Some", again, shouldn't be playing the game. I think there needs to come a time when you have a set common sense and acknowledgment where you know that sayings put into games aren't made for you to think "Hey, a guy was killing innocent people saying those same 2 words."

Thinking about it like this is the reason why Hillary wanted to stop the selling of "Bad Games" because it "Corrupts the Youth". Hell no, I ain't grabbing my grandpa's M1911 and getting Headshots, and nope, I ain't trying to get Pins for getting a 6 kill streak and winning a Rush Gametype. What happens in a game hardly effects me in the "real world".

Yeah, innocent people died in Vietnam ... Yep, innocent people died in WWII, WWI, Korean War, Revolutionary War, Civil War, Gulf War and in Iraq today. Somalia, another prime example. Tough world, but a game is just a game. GTA is no different, people rob people, kill people, and steal their cars. It's probably happening somewhere right now as I type this, but just because you haven't seen it in a movie (Even though I know you have), doesn't mean it isn't occurring.

Comment

Patton says it all really...

But I think it would be good to have a choice in the options so that those who want to can turn it off.

However, I love it I think it adds to the epicness and feel of the battlefield.

war tapes + soldiers foul mouthing + noise cancelling headphones = awesome

My personal favorite has to be "an eye for an eye mother ****er"

Comment

Crunch for prez and Patton for vicepreZ

Comment

Redink, that video was posted three weeks ago, have you been mulling over it ever since?
                          I think you need to do 30 minutes of mediation each day before you play (or post). I suggest the mantra "It Is Just A Game"

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            Redink, that video was posted three weeks ago, have you been mulling over it ever since?
                            I think you need to do 30 minutes of mediation each day before you play (or post). I suggest the mantra "It Is Just A Game"
                            I know Vreki, I forgotten that movie until you showed me that scene which brought back the memories. I'm just saying it was a dirty scene with a dirty douche who shouldn't be recognized for being a douche.

Comment

It has started again.

Comment

"Get Some" was used in Avatar by one of the grunts in the walkers as he opened fire on the charging Navi in the final battle scene. Maybe that was a reference to FMJ?

Anyways, I'm a foul mouthed sailor much of the time but for some reason I find the swearing in BC2 forced at times, like they put it in there to impress kids who still think swearing is cool and/ or provocative. Personally I wouldn't lose any sense of immersion if they toned down or removed the swearing. What really immerses me are the sound effects, especially the directional sounds.

Having a commo rose would be nice to control what you say and such, but I think BC2's gameplay is too fast and furious for that. I mean, you can't even take 5 seconds to type somehitng in the chat before you are under fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X