Tracer gun help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tracer gun help

Just don't make it glow red so it's harder to find. And if a tank have an engineer behind it's called teamwork. I don't know, they can find better solution than magic smoke killing tracers since smoke is useless 90% of the time.

Comment

I have the tracer enabled for every kit, unless I'm on a map without vehicles like Nelson Bay.

Comment

Playing around with the Tracer can be fun. Especially during December.

Comment

wait, the gunship has alt fire?

Comment

I have a question... Can your friends use your tracer dart too? Oh and sometimes I don't think it works too well cause it always seems like the rocket just goes haywire sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
              I have a question... Can your friends use your tracer dart too? Oh and sometimes I don't think it works too well cause it always seems like the rocket just goes haywire sometimes.
              Tracer darts stick with friendly troops as well. It's the best punishment for useless snipers (read: useless, because there are snipers who are useful) in Rush.

I haven't tried it on enemy infantry yet. Could be kind of hilarious if you can put tracer on them than fire rockets homing directly toward them.

The other thing is that I hope it does cause damage to enemy infantry. After all, smoke nade kills. Why not tracer darts?

Comment

Once a vehicle is hit with a tracer, it is 'painted' for the whole team for 45 seconds or whenever an engineer fixes the vehicle before the 45 seconds end (dont ask me how much it has to be repaired).

The other bonus of 'painting' a vehicle is that it is always displayed on the minimap, even without spotting for those 45 seconds. You will see a targeting bracket around that tank on the minimap to display that it is painted.

So One guy paints and you can have 5 engineers firing missiles seconds later after they all get a lock on.

And no, the tracer pistol causes no damage in any situation, unlike the smoke grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by foxyman
                  wait, the gunship has alt fire?
                  Yes, if you select the relevant vehicle upgrade you get alt-fire. A tracer dart for the gunner and a homing missile for the pilot.

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                  I haven't tried it on enemy infantry yet. Could be kind of hilarious if you can put tracer on them than fire rockets homing directly toward them.
                  I have done it a few times. The Tracer doesn't appear to have any drop at all, so if you use one of the launchers for aiming you can tag people at quite the distance.
                  From a tactical standpoint it is probably better to just lob the missile at them before you get sniped, but one must not underrate the fun factor.
                  I once tagged a guy who was sneaking up on two teammates on a roof. Suddenly his dogtag collection turned into a quite awkward situation

Comment

I painted a few guys because I forgot to switch my tracer to colt, resulting in my death 90% of the time in that case. I don't think you can lock a missile on infantry but it seems someone with a tracer in the face is painted on the minimap for 45 seconds just like vehicle (im not 100% sure). But it's funny to see your killer running with a big red glowing tracer in his face.

Comment

I am pretty sure that you can lock on to tagged soldiers, I remember doing it a couple of times.

Comment

Bumpity
                        I just noticed that there has been a new video guide posted over at http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...lfire-Missiles
                        It answers a few of our questions

Comment

Comment

yea it works on infantry.
                            watch this video:

Comment

Nice, I will test right away.

Comment

Working...