Recon and 4x optical sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon and 4x optical sight

Just unlocked this spec. for recon but why did'nt EA leave the crosshairs of the standard scope intact. Can't use the damn thing as the red icon of the sight or scope ruins my vision and impedes with sighting in on the enemy. This scope is worthless or is this another DX9 glitch like the one on the stationary MC ?

Re: Recon and 4x optical sight

Do you mean the little red arrow in the center of the scope?

It's like that, no graphic error.

Comment

I dont know about Recon, but that red arrow is my best friend in all other kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
        I dont know about Recon, but that red arrow is my best friend in all other kits.
        Yes I can agree with your comment on all the other kits but for some reason it distorts my aim when I use it on a sniper rifle. Especially on the M24..............

Comment

use the red dot then.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
            use the red dot then.
            Hav'nt unlocked the red dot yet..........the red symbol in the center of the sight is called a caret and sits just above # 6 on your keyboard. Trouble with using this 4x scope when sniping is that when you sight in at a target 200 yards and longer the caret covers the head of your enemy and prevents your ability to gauge the arc of flight. Well that is just my opinion and I am just getting use to sniping in BC2. Thanks for your input.

Comment

The 4x Optical sight isn't really something to use at 200m...

Comment

yer, slap it on an SVU or type 88 and use it as a medium range assault rifle

Comment

Wait for the red dot and you wont look back.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason to use the ACOG 4x scope. Not only does it mess with your view after the first shot but it also makes it harder to kill in close quarters combat which is probably 60-70% of all infantry combat. I always use the red dot if the iron sights are useless on a gun (M60 for example) or if I am sniping I usually just use the standard scope unless it's a "snipermap" in which case i use the 12x scope. I find the recon class weapons to not be so great in cqc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                      yer, slap it on an SVU or type 88 and use it as a medium range assault rifle
                      This!! I can get some uber pwnage like that - especially on HC.

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                      . Not only does it mess with your view after the first shot but it also makes it harder to kill in close quarters combat which is probably 60-70% of all infantry combat.
                      You serious? I was in a 20 man server last night, full, 19 snipers, and me as an assault...... This was for like 4 map rotations before I got bored of knifing them all and left... And I find servers full of snipers sitting back in their spawns all comfy like and just shooting at the other all-sniper-team at the other end of the map. It's sad...

Comment

^A lot of the assault weapons you should use the 4x with tbh

because weapons like the M16, you can fire from the hip comfortably in close quarters, and outsnipe snipers using the scope

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                          You serious? I was in a 20 man server last night, full, 19 snipers, and me as an assault...... This was for like 4 map rotations before I got bored of knifing them all and left... And I find servers full of snipers sitting back in their spawns all comfy like and just shooting at the other all-sniper-team at the other end of the map. It's sad...
                          Over the 52 hours I have played, most of the combat I have experienced in the game personally has been mostly CQC. Yes, there is sometimes servers full of snipers, but overall that only accounted for maybe 20% of the entire infantry "game" in BC2 for me personally. It's easy to avoid being sniped and get the snipers up close. I would say that most of my knife kills are from killing snipers not paying attention to their surrounding area. I'm sure others have had similar experience.

Comment

4x on the pp2000 = priceless

Comment

I have become that guy now.. anytime I am playing on a rush server, and Im attacking.. If I see a sniper.. I TK them. Instantly. Without mercy or hesitation.

When you are attacking, the defenders have unlimited tickets, and unlimited time. It's called rush mode, not sit back and wait mode.
                              So as a sniper on the attacking team, you are doing LITERALLY nothing, to help the team.

So now I just TK the snipers on the attacking team, and I keep tking them if they spawn back as sniper. If you want to play a game where only your score matters, go play single player. Multiplayer is about teamwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X