This game feels more like TF2 everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game feels more like TF2 everyday

I dont know if anyone else has been feeling this but this game is just a more serious version of TF2.

All i have experienced in the past week is people using the Gustav as a primary weapon firing it from wherever they feel like and killing 3 or 4 people at once in the massive splash damage. I dont understand how they got away with being able to use it as a rocket sniper :/

I just came from a server where the top 4 people were engineers with double rocket ammo and double power and one had 38 kills - 3 deaths whereby he stood in his own base and fired off a rocket randomly into the map getting kills :/ I tried taking him out with a sniper but by the time you have lined up the shot you are dead

Next we have the 40mm grenade that everyone seems to have more kills with than any other normal gun, reminds me of the demo man running around with his bomb gun firing away.

Re: This game feels more like TF2 everyday

Not gonna lie, when the game started everyone was playing all nicely, and it was very fun, but in the last week it's just got a bit dumb.

Comment

Gustav is an anti-personel launcher aswell, I was using it last night to counter the GL hobbiest's

Comment

A few days ago EA broke something, so most servers were without unlocks. It was a very different experience.

Comment

It's frustrating.
          It shouldn't have so much splash damage. And make explosives slow to reload. That would make the gameplay more interesting - where not everybody can spam 40mm, CG or grenades.

Comment

Im glad i didnt get raged at and other people are feeling the same frustration. I too feel the game has gotten a little silly, im not going to saw MW2 silly but its not a fun game to play all the time.

The Gustav does need less splash damage and the projectile itself needs to be slower, atm you cant escape being killed even if you see it coming at you.

The gameplay has just felt very cheap lately.

Comment

I think some weapons also need some major powerup.

I think the 40 mm shotgun needs more power, we get one shot, and that one shot at point blank doesn't necessarily kill all the time.

Comment

I love the 40mm shotgun! I use that thing as if it was TF2, doing jumping one hit kills all the time but yeh imo it could do with a bit more range

I don't experience this problem too much but I do see it happen a lot

some tweaks, such as longer 40mm noob tube restock times and the removal of one hit kills from the duds at point blank would help

CG, I think slower movement for the player, or something to stop them just whipping it out and firing (could do the same for the noob tube) but I also want it to do even less damage to vehicles when the increased explosive damage mod is used

Comment

no way, BC2 has way more tube spam than TF2.

Comment

Can servers limit what weapons are used? It's a lot like the whole voss issue in 2142.

Comment

i still don't get the voss noobage complaint in 2142. krylov was the deadlier weapon and far superior and nobody complains about that.

Comment

krylov was deadlier, but voss had that enormous clip! If we are going to compare problems with 2142, I think the rocket spam is more relevant.

Comment

people go with whatever is easiest to kill. No aim required, point and click. I do get tired of getting in a fire fight with someone at 5 feet when i shoot 2 bullets and then they just either noob tube or gustav me. Although the other day i had some gustav noob shoot 2 rockets at me while i killed him with my pistol.

Comment

I just think Gustav needs to be toned down, 40 mm shotgun needs some beef in damage, G3 needs more ammunition reserves (60 to 100 maybe?) RPG7 and AT4 needs more damage against tanks.

Comment

The Gustavs start getting annoying after a while, I'll admit. I've never had much of a problem with the noob-toobers though.

The weapon gets you easy kills, but it's really stupid to use it as a primary weapon: long reload time, only 2 rounds, worse accuracy, must be at a decent range. I constantly dominate noob toobers who try to attack me first with the 40mm. I just side step, maybe take some damage, and then take them out with my AN-94. I love using assault rifles (even over the M60, heh) and I do use the 40mm as well, but only after I've run out of ammo or I need to clear out a building. I feel I really get more points and a higher KDR this way (lately I've been averaging over 2 and landing in the top 3 or 4 on the board at worst).

I do think they should maybe do something about the Gustav, not completely nerf it, but maybe adjust things a bit.

edit: hahahaha if Engineer with the CG is like TF2's Soldier, then medics with the M60 are like the Heavy Weapons Guy. :awes

Comment

Working...
                              X