Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you consider the BEST assault rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you consider the BEST assault rifle?

Comparing all the assault rifle unlocks, which one do you think is the best?

I don't have the M16 unlocked yet. Used it off a few dead people and its pretty fun. I just unlocked the M416 and it is a lot of fun.

Why does your choice make it the best?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: What do you consider the BEST assault rifle?

First voter xD
    M16 FTW FOREVAH (just because the game has no ak74 xd)

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
      (just because the game has no ak74 xd)
      :rawr

Crunch

Comment

I prefer the AN 94 because I like the control the burst fire offers and the sheer brute force of the thing. Its the most powerful AR out of the bunch. Most people don't like it because its burst and not fully auto.

Comment

I've never played assault ( havent even unlocked ammo bags) but my clan mates tell me the M16A2 is top notch.

Comment

M16 <3

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              :rawr

Crunch
              Its the classic MEC modification of the ak47

Comment

Its the classic MEC modification of the ak47
                Not that. The engineer class has the AK74. Granted, it has a silencer and not for assault, but its still in the game.

:wee:

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Not that. The engineer class has the AK74. Granted, it has a silencer and not for assault, but its still in the game.

:wee:

Crunch
                  OMGOMGOMGOMg i meant- ak 101 xD not the 74 i was confused

Comment

M16, the AN94 is a good gun as well, I just prefer having better accuracy

Comment

Easily the AN-94, does way more damage than the M16.

Comment

First voter xD
                        M16 FTW FOREVAH (just because the game has no ak74 xd)
                        LoL whats your deal with the letters A and K? You know the AN-94 is a superior weapon? As far as I know In "RL" its the most sophisticated assault rifle being used by armed forces and given to special teams to replace the AK-74. When it comes to video games its basically just letters attached to numbers. The AEK is a little better and might win its spot that it lost to the AN-94 in the future.

My favorite gun in the game is the M16 but someone would have to have mental problems to choose the m16 over an AEK-971 or AN-94 when going into real combat. You would have to be nuts to take an AK-74 or AK-101 over any of the 3 if the m16 was made with quality parts.

LoL, I have a feeling you'd like the AN-94 if it was called the AK-94 and you'd like the AEK-971 if it was called the AK-971.

Weapons with similar technology to the AN-94 and AEK-971 have been developed and are still being developed by other countries, I just do not know if they are better.

The m16 as it was designed was superior to the one given to ground troops in Vietnam. They substituted cheap parts to cut production costs.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                          The m16 as it was designed was superior to the one given to ground troops in Vietnam. They substituted cheap parts to cut production costs.
                          Made by Mattel even. But is it fair to compare the first generation M16 with the M16A4 that are in use today?

Comment

M416 here. It's just as accurate as the M-16 if you exercise some fire control and you can go full auto for when it gets close, but not close enough for a knife.

Love that gun, never have been a fan of three shot burst guns (personal preference)

Comment

But is it fair to compare the first generation M16 with the M16A4 that are in use today?
                              Unfortunately, there aren't that many in use as the US Army decided to go with the weaker M-4 (shakes head). All my friends wish they had a 7.62mm assault rifle for the punch it gives on impact as many insurgents have taken to wearing body armor and the 5.56mm round of all the M-16 variants don't drop the bad guys fast enough. The modern M-16A4 is a beautiful AR with a proven track record over many decades now.

On Topic - I've been using the AEK and playing Assault exclusively. I think they did a disservice to this AR in-game. The XM8 prototype sometimes get's a little use, too. Lately, I've been loving the flank and spank with the 870 shottie! =)

In real life, the three-shot burst is very accurate. Many of us hated the thought when they first issued M-16A2s with no autofire and the burst as a substitute. Once we really started using it, most of us changed our minds quickly. The M-249 SAWs and M-60 filled the autofire role very nicely while our squaddies were accurately engaging targets.

BTW - I finally got my Internet connection fixed so hopefully I won't be dying so much as I warp around the map. I was suffering 50% packet loss! I can't wait to see how much things improved with the fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X