1.87ghz processor to run it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.87ghz processor to run it?

How well will this game run for me on 1.87ghz duel core.
    i know requirments say duel core 2.0 ghz or something
    i already am able to play modern warfare 2 on all maxed out settings as a comparison.

other details...

Duel Core 1.87ghz
    Windows Vista (not sure if thats important)
    3 GB RAM
    Nvidia 9800GTX+

yeah..going to buy it off steam. and help?

Re: 1.87ghz processor to run it?

You are under the minimum requirements for processor. Any other game and you may get by but with BC2, I personally think you are going to have to do a lot of fine tuning to make the game play ok on your system.

Your graphics card is not too much of an issue, but since the CPU also handles graphics, sound, and the destruction environment, you may have to run some settings on low or set it to run in DX9.

I posted this up to help in performance:
    Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

I think you will be OK, but you will be between the low/medium setup.

Is that dual core overclocked now or stock?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have the same graphics card as you, but my processor is 3.0GHz stock. I took it up to 3.7 to get decent frame rates at medium settings.

If you do get it to run all settings will be on low. Overclocking your processor a bit would help - if it is possible. It also depends which resolution you will be running, IMO anything over 1440 x 900 will be a struggle. May the force be with you...

Comment

so, i should be fine just as long as i run it slower.

i looked up videos on youtube and found various ones with processors at like 2.0, 1.8 ghz, etc and they ran on medium low settings

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
          so, i should be fine just as long as i run it slower.

i looked up videos on youtube and found various ones with processors at like 2.0, 1.8 ghz, etc and they ran on medium low settings
          I think you will be fine, but you know how it is with all the different PCs out there.

Crunch

Comment

It CAN RUN BUT...It will be barely playable.

Destruction 2.0 is heavy on the CPU; your PC is bottleneck.

Your frames will be no more than 40 and around 10 on intense firefights.

Experience: Friend's AMD 5000+

Comment

but look at this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouGw2347Jw0

the man has a pentium 4 and stuff is running smooth?

my stuff is twice as good maybe more

Comment

He says in the comments that he gets 25-30 with fraps on... which would be pretty good if it wasn't for the fact that he's playing the least demanding SP map in the game, on a tiny resolution with all settings at the absolute lowest.

You can probably run it but it won't be pretty.

Comment

now im really thinking twice, i feel like i can run it though, i just got that "feeling" you konw. what if i take it down to DX9, will it make a difference?

Comment

now im really thinking twice, i feel like i can run it though, i just got that "feeling" you konw. what if i take it down to DX9, will it make a difference?
                    Yes it will. That article I posted up has a link to a test guide that shows the difference between DX9,10, and 11.

The thing is that once you get it, you are going to have to tweak it a lot. The settings.ini file will become your friend.

I dont think it will run well "as is". I think you can run it, but its going to be low and maybe some medium.

Crunch

Comment

cptain, i looked at that guide.

is the only thing i change, the dxsetting to 9? and im set?

Comment

cptain, i looked at that guide.

is the only thing i change, the dxsetting to 9? and im set?
                        To change the DX to 9, yes, thats it. To make the game run on your system, no. Most things in the game will be set to low and things turned off.

Crunch

Comment

This game requires a QUAD CORE (AMD OR INTEL) and AT LEAST A 9800 GT. 3 GB RAM to run smoothly on low or hope of medium.

My new rig can run this game on Maxed out on 24 inch with steady 75 fps. Firefights 57.

It's quite demanding, other games, I can max out their frames on a 24 inch.

Comment

alright so..i couldn't help it, i decided to wing it and go buy this game for a nice bundle of 50 bucks out of my wallet..

i am SO HAPPY I DID

this game is running so smoothly on my pc some reason, even during intense fire fights im not too sure why because my cpu is below standards. not only that but i compared it to other games on my PC. My Computer is quieter when running bad company 2 which is more CPU intensive than MW2 which makes my computer louder (wierd comparison, but true) and as for FPS im sitting at 30-40 which is perfectly fine for me even during intense gun fights! WOOT! I played through only a few single player missions, but on all three terrains and my only complaint is map bloom which is not too realistic sometimes when its so bright, but thats not even an issue to me. I LOVE THIS GAME

Comment

Bloom can be turned off in settings.ini. It helps a bit.
                              Sound is rumored to really be a CPU killer, does it make a difference if you use the "War Tapes" setting?

Comment

Working...
                              X