1.87ghz processor to run it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.87ghz processor to run it?

Actually, lowering your brightness seems to lower the crazy HDR effect. Some people that would have been washed out and invisible in the bright light become much easier to see with your brightness turned down just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
      Bloom can be turned off in settings.ini. It helps a bit.
      Sound is rumored to really be a CPU killer, does it make a difference if you use the "War Tapes" setting?
      well, as we all know war tapes is just an out of this world difference but, it does make a difference. not a totally noticeable one, but i like to play it safe with FPS so i turned it off. im not missing out all THAT MUCH.

and how exactly do i get into this settings.ini file, i looked at the page cptain crunch gave but, i bought the game off steam and there is no such folder in documents

Comment

I bought the game on Steam, and I have BFBC2 in my My Documents...

Comment

I got it from Steam too. There should definitely be a BFBC2 folder under your "Documents".

Comment

oh..well this is embarrassing, it didn't appear until after 2 restarts.

thanks guys

Comment

Careful Lotek,

If you turn your brightness too low, you might have trouble seeing the enemy in map like Nelson Bay. The skirmish is fought around midnight. You can only see the muzzle flashes from afar.

Comment

and you might have hard time finding the stairs once you get in the lighthouse in valp.

Comment

I have my brightness set to .37. I can see just fine on Nelson Bay and much better on Atacama Desert and Arica Harbor than with default settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                    Careful Lotek,

If you turn your brightness too low, you might have trouble seeing the enemy in map like Nelson Bay. The skirmish is fought around midnight. You can only see the muzzle flashes from afar.
                    yeah thats what i figured would happen, i ended up just not touching any of the brightness or bloom. i looked up in the settings.ini file and it said "bloom=true" and i didn't know what else to input so i just didnt bother to adjust bloom at all. it doesn't really bother as much anymore, one thing i did do was bump my resolution up to my native 1440x900 and everything is much clearer now. it was lower at first because i thought it would effect my cpu usage, but i found out its all in the video card really. and my video is very very strong so its fine

Comment

bloom=false

is how you turn it off.

Comment

People don't seem to understand how resolution can make a huge difference. With a 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo and a 8800gt I can run it perfectly smoothly at all medium/high settings, BUT I'm only using a 19" 4:3 monitor (i.e. 1280x1024).

Lowering the resolution will have the biggest impact on making the game able to be run on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          People don't seem to understand how resolution can make a huge difference. With a 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo and a 8800gt I can run it perfectly smoothly at all medium/high settings, BUT I'm only using a 19" 4:3 monitor (i.e. 1280x1024).

Lowering the resolution will have the biggest impact on making the game able to be run on your PC.
                          That is obvious, but do really want to run at anything but you monitors native resolution?
                          I would rather turn off various eye-candy than having my monitor trying to scale the picture.

Comment

I run my game based on efficiency, if I can't see the enemy because of eye-candy, time to shut em off.

If I m blinded by the bloom, turn it off. If I can't aim due to my horrible skill, I replace both of my hands

Anti-alias helps me see through the fuzziness of some of the textures.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_

are you saying i should lower the resolution? because i have a 19" widescreen...so what would be your suggestion for a resolution. im using 1440x900 currently

Comment

I'm also running this game on a 1.8GHz dual core processor.
                                Thankfully though it's an AMD Opteron 165 Toledo core (LC9BE) which I currently have overclocked to 2.9GHz.

Comment

Working...
                                X