X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R7 Server Update (wb Garand)

Source

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    We have just distributed a new server version named R7 to the server hosts.

Early signs from the hosts are good with 20% less load on the server CPU, improved hit detection, Veteran rank handling is fixed so you should get your M1 Garand back now plus some other fixes to better help the server hosting companies and better management of Punkbuster ID's.
    Bout time that M1 returned,

Re: R7 Server Update (wb Garand)

So is this live NOW?

Comment

Hmm...might be seeing a huge influx of Garand users tonight, then. And, of course, with that you'll get a ton of either 'Garand sux' or 'Garand = OP' threads. Batten down the hatches mateys!

Comment

The Garand IS overpowered; it outperforms modern sniper rifles and single fire assault rifles.

Comment

I actually thought it was rather weak in the beta, even compared to the other guys I could use at the lower ranks.

Compared to the higher ranked guns it doesn't even come close.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
            The Garand IS overpowered; it outperforms modern sniper rifles and single fire assault rifles.
            Looking at the stats, it's identical in every way to the M14 except that it only holds 8 rounds per clip instead of 10 (and, I assume, it cannot be reloaded until the entire clip has been spent and ejected...they better not have ****ed that up).

Comment

Early signs from the hosts are good with 20% less load on the server CPU, improved hit detection
              Thats a good thing. I am starting to think that many of the problems are caused by servers with insufficient performance

Comment

I like the sights on the M1 over the M14. I'll use it after I have at least gold on everything else, probably. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                  Looking at the stats, it's identical in every way to the M14 except that it only holds 8 rounds per clip instead of 10 (and, I assume, it cannot be reloaded until the entire clip has been spent and ejected...they better not have ****ed that up).
                  This is a myth. The garand can be reloaded without expending the entire clip. You take the clip out , like any other gun, and put more bullets in.

The myth originated because soldiers were encouraged to expend their entire magazines, but there is nothing preventing you from releasing an m1 garand magazine before its expended.

Comment

Originally posted by [29ID]A|CPT.Juno{XX}
                    This is a myth. The garand can be reloaded without expending the entire clip. You take the clip out , like any other gun, and put more bullets in.

The myth originated because soldiers were encouraged to expend their entire magazines, but there is nothing preventing you from releasing an m1 garand magazine before its expended.
                    Well yeah, but wouldn't that noticeably increase reload time if you had to remove it manually?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                      Well yeah, but wouldn't that noticeably increase reload time if you had to remove it manually?
                      I supposed that people in a hurry would be shooting until they had no more bullets in the clip anyway

The "en-bloc" clip is manually ejected by pulling the operating rod all the way to the rear, and then depressing the clip latch button
                      That doesn't sound that different from replacing a magazine. They don't eject when empty either

Comment

It operates the same way any other clip does, its just been common in video games to have it only be reloadable after firing all the shots, who knows why.

But no, the reload speed would be the same as any other rifle of similar design

Comment

So where is this ejection latch button located? And when pressed, does it pop the clip out or do you have to reach down inside the hole and dig it out with your fingers?

And more interestingly, if they do allow you to reload when you still have rounds left, will they show the soldier just stuffing another clip into the gun without taking the old one out? It could fall into the phenomenon in BF2 where the AK101 was just two magazines taped back-to-back to each other and reloading the gun just made your soldier flip the magazine over. You'd think this would be good for only two magazines, but in BF2 it's good for four!

Comment

Its on the top side of the rifle, you essentially pull the "bolt" back, and press the button which is located inside the chamber (very hard to explain) and the clip drops out. Its super easy to do.

They wont have an accurate reload animation, it would be to much work.

And yes, in the service we taped our clips together too.

Comment

You can reload it just fine without expending all the ammo, it's in the first level of single player campaign.

Comment

Working...
                              X