Why don't people spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why don't people spot?

I couldn't figure out how to make spotting work, I used to press the Q key and nothing would happen. I didn't realize you had to be "exactly" aiming at what you were trying to spot. Now I spot everything I see.

Comment

Originally posted by UniSoL
      I couldn't figure out how to make spotting work, I used to press the Q key and nothing would happen. I didn't realize you had to be "exactly" aiming at what you were trying to spot. Now I spot everything I see.
      ahh, that could be why I can only "spot" when I zoom into my weapon...

Agree a cool down on the HUD or a Timer like in 2142. Ahh I miss the commander telling me to shut up and ditch this channel.

Comment

My GRANDMOTHER could do better than you!

Comment

I don't know what servers the author of this topic is joining but I see things spotted all the time. I always spot before I shoot, it's a reflex from BF2142 teamplay with my good 'ol clan.

Comment

Same here... i spot like crazy but the freakin Q button doest work all the time... seems like you can only call 5-6 spot per 30 seconds...

Comment

Well i need to know what servers you guys are joining, because where i'm playing it's like spotting will get you banned. Add me on Xfire.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by samchoc
              Same here... i spot like crazy but the freakin Q button doest work all the time... seems like you can only call 5-6 spot per 30 seconds...
              I think it is to combat abuse of the mechanic. If you could spam it and find everyones location by scanning the area pressing Q, it would give an unfair advantage. People used to do this on BC1 by scanning and waiting for their cross hairs to light red.

Comment

I cant speak for anyone else I've played with, but when I am recon, you can rest assured you have an orange arrow over you if you are in my scope. It doesnt always work, but I actually play holding down the SHIFT key and hovering the Q key at the same time.

I guess for most, its easy to forget.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have a habit of spotting everything before I open fire, that way if they duck behind cover, I know where they are. Or if I should die, my team does. =)

Comment

I think it's because my O O OOOOOO damnit my CUE key got messed up and now looks and does all the same things as the O key. That little tail is gone on the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      I cant speak for anyone else I've played with, but when I am recon, you can rest assured you have an orange arrow over you if you are in my scope. It doesnt always work, but I actually play holding down the SHIFT key and hovering the Q key at the same time.

I guess for most, its easy to forget.

Crunch
                      This ^

Comment

Long story short, people are stupid. A little part of me dies inside when i see people 1 manning blackhawks and bailing out over flags.

Comment

Maybe a lot of people don't know about the Q key to spot? I know people do the same thing in the PS3 version and not spot. I try to spot all the time. I also issue a defend or attack order to the squad I am in by looking at a flag or m-comm and using the spot key.

Comment

Working...
                          X