Why don't people spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't people spot?

I can't for the life of me figure out why people in this game don't spot. This is one of the most effective tools in the game and it seems like 85% of the people in public servers just don't use it at all. IIRC its an added 20 points per spot, if the target is killed in a certain time. It kinda throws the lone wolf point whoring player type excuse out of the window. You can easily get an additional 100-200 points a game if you always Q spot. Does anyone else here spot every chance they get? :hum:

Re: Why don't people spot?

Same reason why they don't bother defending the last M-Com Station, knowing it's the last one. Because they are dumb clueless, n00bs.

I try to spot like crazy, but for some reason, the Q key, sometime refuses to work.

Comment

Yea i have the same problem iQue sometimes it refuses to work, especially with enemy vehicles.

Comment

Every time I press "Q" the map comes up on screen. Is it supposed to do that? I've tried re-setting the keys, but it's still the same.

Comment

my Q won't let me issue orders from time to time. Also it has a cooldown for spotting, and sometimes it gets stuck on the cooldown.

Comment

P(Spot) = P(They know about it) X P(They care about it) X P(It works) = Low.

I spot whenever I can. The Carl Gustav has excellent optics for that, so I will often spot a lot when searching for targets.
            But I also do a lot of CQB where there just isn't time for spotting.

I would be happy if people would just spot the vehicles, there nothing like spawning with your back to a tank.

Comment

I've found it consistent enough, maybe the off time it didn't spot on the first attempt. However truth be told a lot of the time why I'm not spotting first is because I'm shooting first, if I can spot and it makes sense to spot, then i will. This game is about team work and it most definitely helps, however especially in hardcore, but even in normal, sometimes you need to just shoot, first, and spot later.

Comment

It's meant that people don't spam it. It has to have a timer of some sort. Not that it's inconsistent.

Comment

My q button will get fked because im contantly pressing it

Comment

I spam Q like crazy, especially when in the UAV. Others don't but.. i suppose they don't want spot assist points. :P

Comment

I am with you, not enough people spot. With no BF2 style UAV or commander you need spotting.

Comment

I do it as much as possible - not only do you get points for doing it, I'm continually amazed at how many kills you can get simply firing below the little red triangles.

Comment

I spot plenty as do the guys I play the game with on TS

we were actually discussing this last night, because a friend was getting very angry that people still don't spot

I proposed the idea that they just binded it to fire for new players lol

Comment

What I would want to see is the cooldown on the hud, because I hate smashing my keys for nothing (same for orders).

Also take care when you spot and you think enemies are close, because they will hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                              Same reason why they don't bother defending the last M-Com Station, knowing it's the last one. Because they are dumb clueless, n00bs.
                              some of the so called good players don't spot from what i've seen in their videos. i saw one of the top 2142 player's video and he did ZERO spotting the entire time and he was kicking some serious a$$. we concluded that it was because he wanted the kills for himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X