What will i be missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will i be missing

If you know you won't be able to put the game down after an hour, don't get it till your exams are over.

Comment

Bravo, Lotek. Sounds like you got your head on straight and your priorities in tact. Don't worry about missing out on anything in this game as I'm sure there will be plenty of fresh meat joining you when you do decide to get the game. Amaranthuse speaks truth: Don't let a game "EFF" up your future.

Hmm...gave damn near that same speech to my son :P

Comment

Good lad

Comment

Originally posted by Chief82
          Amaranthuse speaks truth: Don't let a game "EFF" up your future.
          I'm a university student (University of Toronto).

I haven't met you in person but, take the word of a stranger.

I know how it is like in your shoes.

Typical situation:
          You are writing your paper on some topic you don't "GIVE A DAMN." Then the thought of fraggin in BFBC2 comes up. So you submit to your urges and frag for 3 hours. You check the clock and you see it's 12 am already. You still got half of your paper to finish. If you sleep any later, you'll eff up tomorrow's examination. So the dilemma unfolds itself. Then the usual result is you eff up your paper and your exam.

I've seen too many of my friends eff up their life because of World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare.

I delete all my games once my breaks are over.

Don't be one of them. Set your priorities.

I admit I stink in almost every FPS game I tried my hands on. But I can proudly say, I am not doing too bad in university. I do struggle for 3 hours on a long integral calculus question and not get anywhere. Yes I do feel I wasted my time staring blankly at a complex set of numbers. But that's experience, you know what didn't work, so you'll know what "might" work next time. Or at least, what you've tried.

There's always room to improve, never be satisfied with what you have.

Make that 3.5 a 3.6, then 3.7 and 3.8. Then try for scholarships and bursaries. They look great on your individual statement.

Universities cost 5,500 to 6,500 a year, considering you do not live on campus. Don't throw all that money away for a 60 dollar game.

I don't see anyone putting BFBC2 4.0 kd and world rank top 10 on a resume.

Wish you best of luck in school.

Comment

Concetrate on school buddy as thats far more important, especially if you said you can wait 4-5 weeks which in retrospect isnt actually that long.

Comment

Are you kidding? Games are more important than school! Life is about fun, amiright? Kidding(Though life is actually about fun, and not how successful you can be, unless that's fun to you). But you won't be missing anything in regards to how far behind you'll be since the game is fun from the very start and not really unbalanced in regards to high levels vs low levels. Though you're missing the best FPS to date as of right now.

Saying you eff up your life if you fail college because of a game is like saying anyone who didn't go to college failed at life. Of course it'd be idiotic to let that happen anyhow. I think it'd be more accurate to say that if you let games get in the way of real life in general, as such getting a job or social life, then yes, it "Effed" up your life.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoszx
                are you kidding? Games are more important than school! Life is about fun, amiright? Kidding(though life is actually about fun, and not how successful you can be, unless that's fun to you). But you won't be missing anything in regards to how far behind you'll be since the game is fun from the very start and not really unbalanced in regards to high levels vs low levels. Though you're missing the best fps to date as of right now.

Saying you eff up your life if you fail college because of a game is like saying anyone who didn't go to college failed at life. Of course it'd be idiotic to let that happen anyhow. I think it'd be more accurate to say that if you let games get in the way of real life in general, as such getting a job or social life, then yes, it "effed" up your life.
                qft

Comment

Originally posted by Chaoszx
                  Are you kidding? Games are more important than school! Life is about fun, amiright? Kidding(Though life is actually about fun, and not how successful you can be, unless that's fun to you). But you won't be missing anything in regards to how far behind you'll be since the game is fun from the very start and not really unbalanced in regards to high levels vs low levels. Though you're missing the best FPS to date as of right now.

Saying you eff up your life if you fail college because of a game is like saying anyone who didn't go to college failed at life. Of course it'd be idiotic to let that happen anyhow. I think it'd be more accurate to say that if you let games get in the way of real life in general, as such getting a job or social life, then yes, it "Effed" up your life.
                  hmmm yes life is about fun but what's fun about having a **** education / job if you have a **** job because you didn't try hard in school you may not be able to buy the fun things you want. Ofc you don't need a good education to be successfull but it helps, IMHO he's doing the right thing. I ****ed up my last year in school because I'd rather play games than revise and try hard now I regret it. I'm currently playing the exsperiance game ands it's long and slow buy I have a decent secure job working for the MoD.

IMHO he's doing the right thing

my piece

Comment

It's on the individual's part on whether he has success in education, whichever way you approach it. There are so many variables that what some of the things that we are all suggesting really doesn't do anything. In my opinion, it's all on his shoulders now, our suggestions will only make it more complicated.

Comment

Yeah, life should be fun as well, but its not suppose to be a party every day. There is nothing wrong about not going to school as long as that is a choice or option that you made, not something that you were forced to do.

Since the OP is already in school and feels that this will make it harder, it is better to stay away from it for a month.

Be a clerk/farmer/mechanic/soldier/[insert hard underappreciate but very well needed job here] because you WANT to and not because you HAVE to.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks guys for all the feedback, it was great. I did decide in fact that i would wait 4-5 weeks, because like The_Elimantor said, really its not that long. Plus new guys keep coming to the game, ill just be a late bloomer so to say, but not a big deal, same thing happened with BF2142 (personal favorite so far, prob gunna lose to BC2 once i get it) and i waited like 2 months before i bought that and i still had countless hours of fun.

So, yeah...Life over Gaming easily any day, and i like how one of you said that life shouldn't be spent on a 60 dollar game, but a whole education and life.

Comment

I see this not as a college or education issue, but rather self-control issue. Losers all have no self-control. Granted that education is not guarantee for success, but self-control is certainly necessary factor. Just buy and game and exercise self-control.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                            I see this not as a college or education issue, but rather self-control issue. Losers all have no self-control. Granted that education is not guarantee for success, but self-control is certainly necessary factor. Just buy and game and exercise self-control.
                            With you on that. Just didn't know how to word my thoughts on this. That's exactly what I would've said if I put more thought into it lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X