I still prefer good old conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still prefer good old conquest

Anyone know an all panama canal map server only? I find it to be the best map this game has to offer, it's slightly bigger then most and it holds no choking point to it like the rest of the smaller ones and it's a conquest map.

I dislike rush because it's basically a deathtrap and it has $hitty snow stages, I only play it when I am super bored or want to camp with a sniper.

I play squad match sometimes, it's very fun until someone hogs a tank or everyone is camping and refuses to move.

Re: I still prefer good old conquest

I had mostly stuck to conquest and a bit of rush until yesterday. Conquest is still probably my favorite, but I hadn't realized how much fun squad deathmatch until Ip played a few rounds with a great squad the other night. It also helped my KDR a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      I had mostly stuck to conquest and a bit of rush until yesterday. Conquest is still probably my favorite, but I hadn't realized how much fun squad deathmatch until Ip played a few rounds with a great squad the other night. It also helped my KDR a bit.
      It's true, but sucks because I do not have a clan or community I usually play with so I don't play it as much because I'm sure I will be placed in a newb team with newbs who cannot follow a simple order.

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
        It's true, but sucks because I do not have a clan or community I usually play with so I don't play it as much because I'm sure I will be placed in a newb team with newbs who cannot follow a simple order.
        I am sure they are thinking the same about you.

Comment

i tried squad rush for the first time today. ended up being on the attacking side. nobody on our team wanted to go for the objective and all camped trying to snipe. it was a horrible experience and i left.

i really think being sniper should be limited in rush and squad rush modes since you need to be aggressive and move up. something hardcoded like no more than 1/4 of the team can't be recon or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            i tried squad rush for the first time today. ended up being on the attacking side. nobody on our team wanted to go for the objective and all camped trying to snipe. it was a horrible experience and i left.

i really think being sniper should be limited in rush and squad rush modes since you need to be aggressive and move up. something hardcoded like no more than 1/4 of the team can't be recon or something.
            Or at least a server option to do so like in TF2.

Comment

I am still a fun of conquest. I wouldn't mind if they it a bit more dynamic (for lack of a better word). The problem with most of the current conquest maps (especially White Pass" is that they are small and you are constantly running around like a chicken. I like the bigger maps with a few bases you can actually try to defend.

Rush is good for what it is and I do enjoy playing it from time to time. But if this game didn't have conquest (or a similar mode), I wouldn't have bought this game.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                I am sure they are thinking the same about you.
                =( I'm not a newb, I'm a VET! ^_^

Comment

You can be a vet and a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                    This.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                      This. I find it much more difficult to play well in this game in comparison to BF2142. Learning curve is higher and you die much more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                        This. I find it much more difficult to play well in this game in comparison to BF2142. Learning curve is higher and you die much more easily.
                        You are clearly in denial of the fact that you're getting old and slow.

I'm kidding. The reason you die a lot is because: 1. Many former BF2 and MW2 players are also in this game; and 2. too many weapons are designed for easy noob kill. In BF2142, only recon and assault can do explosive spamming (well, add support if you count nade spam in Titan corridors). In BFBC2, recon can do close range or long range explosive spam. Assault of unlimited 40mm to spam. Engineers have RPG to spam. Only medics are left out in the cold. Medics are pretty much the least advantageous class in BFBC2. DICE should have given them extra nades. Also, 3. the maps are smaller and more congested, while destructible environment and penetrable concealment (familiar to people played COD4, but not quite so for BF2/2142 crowd) change the game quite a bit.

Eventually you'll adapt. I will not. I'm getting old and grumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                          You are clearly in denial of the fact that you're getting old and slow.

I'm kidding. The reason you die a lot is because: 1. Many former BF2 and MW2 players are also in this game; and 2. too many weapons are designed for easy noob kill. In BF2142, only recon and assault can do explosive spamming (well, add support if you count nade spam in Titan corridors). In BFBC2, recon can do close range or long range explosive spam. Assault of unlimited 40mm to spam. Engineers have RPG to spam. Only medics are left out in the cold. Medics are pretty much the least advantageous class in BFBC2. DICE should have given them extra nades. Also, 3. the maps are smaller and more congested, while destructible environment and penetrable concealment (familiar to people played COD4, but not quite so for BF2/2142 crowd) change the game quite a bit.

Eventually you'll adapt. I will not. I'm getting old and grumpy.
                          haha

That's a good summary and might apply to older grumpier people like yourself, but not I.

I'm 99% certain that my problem is that I was used to playing a very agressive assault in BF2142 and risking death a lot. More than half the time I died, though, I would have a medic squadmate revive me. Unfortunately, that doesn't save your KDR in BC2 like it used to.

But seriously, I played a game of racquetball today and lost 4-12. I'm getting old and out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                            Only medics are left out in the cold. Medics are pretty much the least advantageous class in BFBC2.
                            Those poor medics. Left out in the cold with nothing to keep them warm but the barrel of an overheating M60 (With Magnum rounds). How shall they ever survive?

Comment

I suck at Battlefield. My pr0 kdr in 2142 ended up at .68, and I am cruising along at .62 in BC2. I am VERY good at TF2. My KDR on the only server that I play on is always between 4 and 6. And, surprisingly enough, I have a ~1.5 kdr in MW2 on the 360. I just do not understand. I have fun with Battlefield, but you really don't want me in your squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X